Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Aerosoft A318/A319 professional Released

30 minutes ago, Chandler said:

Candler, are you also an RW Airbus pilot or do you only work for a flight safety department? I support the 90% rule 100% but flight safety will never get a notice if the pilot intervenes in time or does not even use DES in the upper levels. Next to that there is almost no such thing as hitting your profile at TOD IRL. 

22 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

So the new Aerosoft Airbus, has SO realistic system simulation and realism depth, that it's actually simulated with quirks and bugs 

(Come on, man...!)

Anders, you are such a different person on our forums. What’s up? You seem the confuse two things. The thing that happened with Chewwy and what the real Airbus is capable of. The real Airbus is capable of doing stupid high rate DES descents, and yes AS tries to mimic the real deal. That does not mean that we went out of our way to model this quirk but if it happens now and then in the sim I see no Fubar situation because the real deal also does it. 

And yes, we do try to simulate quirks that the real bus does. Ever typed in a positive temperature for the cruise flightlevel on INIT A in the real plane? The bloody box makes it a negative value anyway. What is up with that? 😉 Try to find the other “features” we also implemented.

And what about the comment Matt made yesterday when he wanted to start the engines: “ the bleed pressure drops?” Yes Matt, it does on the real deal, bleed demand and all. Chewwy shuts down the APU and wonders why it still runs; it’s called a cool down phase. 

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, tooting said:

People are rightly concerned after the crj mess I think. I know I am. If it models the real world that much the rad alts should fail every 10 flights,!!! 

I never had an RA failure on a small bus in 5000hrs. The A346 I fly now is another matter..

4 minutes ago, Flyer024 said:

And what about the comment Matt made yesterday when he wanted to start the engines: “ the bleed pressure drops?” Yes Matt, it does on the real deal, bleed demand and all. e

Fun to watch but a million miles from being experts.  The problem is that many of the following take it all as oath and then take to Facebook with drivel.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Flyer024 said:

Candler, are you also an RW Airbus pilot or do you only work for a flight safety department? I support the 90% rule 100% but flight safety will never get a notice if the pilot intervenes in time or does not even use DES in the upper levels. Next to that there is almost no such thing as hitting your profile at TOD IRL. 

Yes to both, but after I lost my medical I am sitting only in the office and being a instructor on FFS. I know that you almost never have an ideal TOD, but not missing your profil means, that you have to be prapared what comes in your way. (sudden windchanges, ATC etc). Its very common you get caught with circumstances where you missing you TOD, because you were distracted by something. You would be surprised, what we have access to in the safety department, at least in my company we can see anything the pilots do or not do. 😉

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

21 minutes ago, Flyer024 said:

I never had an RA failure on a small bus in 5000hrs. The A346 I fly now is another matter..

In the 10 years I've been in ops, at easyJet we got one nearly every day (we did have 250 a/c and over 1500 flights a day) when I was there. We even had to buy special glue which set in 4 hours when we replaced them it became such a problem. Yours is a Typical pilot comment theres more to an airline than just YOUR roster. You've might of only ever had 5 diverts in your 6500 hours but in a huge airline there will be 5 diverts every day, each day, every day. Today at easy, Ryanair, ba, they will have a load of them it's the nature of the beast. you name it they will have diverts and rad alt issues I promise you. 

As for my current airline we don't get rad alt failures so much, but we don't have 319s or 320s. our biggest issue is in op reversers being mel'd on the 747s. But they are old as hell. 

If I get a chance I'll get my mate to take a pic of the TV in easy occ with  the list of all the AOGs on it. One I guarantee will have a bloody rad alt issue. It's right by the door in OCC for everyone to see, if youve got 10 AOGs on it you know your in for a long 12 hours!! 

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Flyer024 said:

The real Airbus is capable of doing stupid high rate DES descents, 

It is, but certainly the AP doesn`t behave like that at all altitudes.

However, when looking at the available A319/320 offerings on the Addon market, don`t forget to look at the big picture.

All very much understandable "selling" put aside : With your RL experience you probably know that.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I understand that a child wants to believe the toy is as real as it gets, but I wonder if it is so difficult to understand that this product is not made for training purposes, but for the joy from flying, accessible to casual simmers and gamers. Without these people, the flight-simming industry would not survive. 

Edited by sbs9
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Roman Heriban
Prepar3D v4 | Windows 10 | 1080Ti & 8700K at 4800MHz
FSLabs A320, Active Sky + Sky Force 3D, MCE, PF3, ChasePlane, etc.

sbsim.com

42 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

It is, but certainly the AP doesn`t behave like that at all altitudes.

Fully correct, that is why I also said it can happen in the higher FL’s. And truth be told the AS bus does not show this behavior at every altitude and all the time. One streamer had this once and now people say the vnav is fubar and I get ridiculed for saying that the real plane does the same thing now and then. Funny world. 

My experience with AS has convinced me to wait a while or don't buy anything from that seller.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The CRJ was a different team. The buses are done in-house, the CRJ was done by the remains of Digital Aviation iirc.

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

8 minutes ago, DJJose said:

My experience with AS has convinced me to wait a while or don't buy anything from that seller.

In your case that is the best thing to do and we do not want it any other way. We are upfront with what works and what not because we want happy customers and not bitter dissapointed ones. I suggest you wait till atleast SP1 and see what the reviews do. If you become a customer after SP1 I do not think you will be disappointed then. 

Here is the changelog from today after yesterday’s release btw. We found a few snags and have a new installer (soon):

1.01 Animation issue solved on A319 CFM window
 All DLL's  recompiled with very latest SDK, might solve the St-Elmo's issue
 Vol 9 corrected
 Start menu item to livery manager added
 Small tweak to StepbyStep

Morning all, my experience with the new bus had a few issues, firstly the configurator would not load because even though I had disabled it in my Virus Software and excluded from everything I could, it would not load, so I uninstalled (bitefender) all together and selected Navigraph as apposed to Navdatapro, this lead to no navdata at all. I then changed to Navdatapro and this resolved it, so if you are using Navigraph, still select Navdatapro.

Also I didnt realise the copilot which was on the MCDU 2 is now available by selecting shift 4.

Will hopefully try a flight when I get home, after I have reinstalled my VS. But it does look and feel good in the short flight  I did.

Edited by Langyboy63

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.

AS wants to create happy customers, but in their forum they have a negative rating system for their customers. If a legit (10 year) customer (me) asks a question or post a comment their fan base doesn't like, I get a negative. That is a form of bullying and it's unacceptable!

I'm up to 4. My goal is to get 10, then I'll ask for my account to be deleted. 😀

AS has no concept of effective customer service.

• Upvote 5

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, tooting said:

In the 10 years I've been in ops, at easyJet we got one nearly every day (we did have 250 a/c and over 1500 flights a day) when I was there. We even had to buy special glue which set in 4 hours when we replaced them it became such a problem. Yours is a Typical pilot comment theres more to an airline than just YOUR roster. You've might of only ever had 5 diverts in your 6500 hours but in a huge airline there will be 5 diverts every day, each day, every day. Today at easy, Ryanair, ba, they will have a load of them it's the nature of the beast. you name it they will have diverts and rad alt issues I promise you. 

As for my current airline we don't get rad alt failures so much, but we don't have 319s or 320s. our biggest issue is in op reversers being mel'd on the 747s. But they are old as hell. 

If I get a chance I'll get my mate to take a pic of the TV in easy occ with  the list of all the AOGs on it. One I guarantee will have a bloody rad alt issue. It's right by the door in OCC for everyone to see, if youve got 10 AOGs on it you know your in for a long 12 hours!! 

And if I wanted to simulate being a dispatcher for a major airline, I'd be the first to gripe about it if there was only 5 diverts in a combined 6500 hours of flight time across an entire fleet.  However I'm guessing Aerosoft is not simulating an entire airline fleet dispatch scenario....they are giving you ONE Airbus at a time to fly, as a "Typical" pilot...and as this real pilot continuously tries to tell us....the plane...when viewed as a SINGLE flight, flown many times over the course of a given time period, will appear to be more reliable than a fleet dispatcher tends to describe based on his overall view of an entire fleet at any given point in time.

To the inexperienced aviation person reading your accounts of issues with the Airbus, I'd never step foot on one as a passenger if I didn't realize that you're referring to a fleet-wide view of an aircraft over thousands of combined  hours.

I'm going to go with the opinion of a pilot who's flown them (and as a passenger who's flown in them many times)....I'm really looking to fly my Bus with the relative certainty that in the 2 or so hours I'm up in the air, things on the aircraft will function as designed, and any diverts or malfunctions will be from outside factors (weather, ATC, me being stupid), not because something on the plane just breaks.  I have the FSL Bus as well, I'll fly that one if I want the .000005% chance in my 2 hour flight the rad alt, coffee maker, flush push button on the toilet breaks.🤣

• Upvote 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I meant my rad alt issue as a joke and to give people an insight.

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png