Sign in to follow this  
wjtrefil

trim wheel is stuck in high negative values

does anyone have a answer for why the trim wheel is only giving me high neg values.  When I place the mouse curser over the trim wheel I see

a positive valvue, but as soon as I try to change it for my desired setting it pops into a negative 8.xx and I cannot get it anywhere near a positive #

I just installed the most current version of PMDG 737NGX.  New fresh install of FSX and it is in C: FSX

Just now, wjtrefil said:

does anyone have a answer for why the trim wheel is only giving me high neg values.  When I place the mouse curser over the trim wheel I see

a positive valvue, but as soon as I try to change it for my desired setting it pops into a negative 8.xx and I cannot get it anywhere near a positive #

I just installed the most current version of PMDG 737NGX.  New fresh install of FSX and it is in 😄 FSX

Likely an errant trim axis. Check your control assignments.

Welcome to the forum. Please note that full names - first and last - are required here.

Kyle Rodgers

how do I add name?

Where would I start for the control assignments?  My FSUIPC is correct.  Can this be in FSX control assignments?

Thanks for the answer

4 minutes ago, wjtrefil said:

how do I add name?

Just type it in manually, or you can try to add it in via your user settings (top right of the page).

4 minutes ago, wjtrefil said:

Where would I start for the control assignments?  My FSUIPC is correct.  Can this be in FSX control assignments?

The first place to start is always the sim (FSX's controls page, in your case). Only then should you attempt to modify things with FSUIPC. That program only modifies what goes into, and comes out of the sim. If the base sim assignments are screwed up, then FSUIPC isn't going to be able to do much.

What do you mean by your "FSUIPC is correct"?

Kyle Rodgers

The only thing I adjust in FSUIPC is the Soiler and flap axis to work the throttle quadrent with my PFC hardware.  PFCFSX.DLL and FSUIPC.DLL are up to date.

I will log out and check FSX sim's control page.

KYLE.  YOu found the answer.  Huge Thanks.  The reinstall of FSX set the mouse control to ON.  turning it off was the conflict.

How do you get your name to show up auto when you post?  I don't see where to do this in my profile?

Wayne T

5 minutes ago, wjtrefil said:

KYLE.  YOu found the answer.  Huge Thanks.  The reinstall of FSX set the mouse control to ON.  turning it off was the conflict.

How do you get your name to show up auto when you post?  I don't see where to do this in my profile?

Wayne T

Glad to hear it.

You set it up here:

https://www.avsim.com/settings/signature/

Your account might not give you the option until after a little while though (not sure why the forum does that).

Kyle Rodgers