Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

Big problem!!!Steam says "Not installed"???

I've flown all these days without a problem.
Today I allow a security update of Windows7U64.
What follows is incomprehensible!!!!
Shortly after I launch AFS2, during the loading a BSOD occurs. The computer restarts. I restart AFS2 and Steam tells me I have to install AFS2 (146Gb)!!!
I look in the Steam folder on my HD, I see that everything is there (146Gb, program, Dlc's and so on like before).
However on Steam's website I can see "Not installed".
I did a restore before update but it didn't change anything.

1-I don't know if it was the update or AFS2 or both that caused the Bsod.
2-Before clicking on "Install", is there an option that allows Steam to "see" that everything is installed on my computer ?

I'm very surprised, I've only had a Bsod very, very rarely.
Help: what should I do? Is there any other solution than reinstalling everything?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Do you have your steam folder in a custom location other than the "C" drive?

Under "Steam" (upper left corner) check the "Settings" and then "Steam library folders" Is your current library location listed correctly?

If it is, choose it (again) as the install location for Aerofly, and click install. Steam should find the existing files and not re-download them.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Steam folder is on D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.

"Under "Steam" (upper left corner) check the "Settings" and then "Steam library folders" Is your current library location listed correctly?"

Yes.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

You can try either of the posted solutions.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 minutes ago, pedrotrindade said:

I did but the options are not availlables. Steam thinks that nothing is installed, so...

Richard Portier

No.... make sure the installation is still in the correct folder that steam is pointing at as your default installation directory and attempt to reinstall aerofly.

Steam should find the existing files and not reinstall them. It will just check them and then list the sim as installed.

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

5 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

No.... make sure the installation is still in the correct folder that steam is pointing at as your default installation directory and attempt to reinstall aerofly.

Steam should find the existing files and not reinstall them. It will just check them and then list the sim as installed.

Okay, I was thinking something like that but the word "install" made me stop trying that.
So I just clicked on the fateful "Install" and actually it would seem that a window appeared with "discovering files for Aerofly FS2 Flight Simulator". It's scanning. I'll cross my fingers and make a report.

Richard Portier

Well it seemed to work well, thank you for directing me to the right solution. It's true I should have seen it in Steam's Faq.
But I confirm that there is a problem with the latest update of Windows7+AFS2. I reinstalled the update and Blang! re Bsod. I wonder if this has something to do with Vulkan? Is there an ini file or something I could disable Vulkan?
The Windows7 update does not seem to have impacted other programs (P3Dv4.3 for example).

EDIT : Well, I confirm there is an issue with AFS2 and Windows7U64 last update (12 july) with it seems the classical NVLDDNRM system Bsod!

Btw, I don't know if this with the Beta Vulkan or not.

Not tested without the Beta but I'm done for today 😁

Thanks again and Regards,

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

9 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Well it seemed to work well, thank you for directing me to the right solution. It's true I should have seen it in Steam's Faq.
But I confirm that there is a problem with the latest update of Windows7+AFS2. I reinstalled the update and Blang! re Bsod. I wonder if this has something to do with Vulkan? Is there an ini file or something I could disable Vulkan?
The Windows7 update does not seem to have impacted other programs (P3Dv4.3 for example).

EDIT : Well, I confirm there is an issue with AFS2 and Windows7U64 last update (12 july) with it seems the classical NVLDDNRM system Bsod!

Btw, I don't know if this with the Beta Vulkan or not.

Not tested without the Beta but I'm done for today 😁

Thanks again and Regards,

Sorry I was on the loose out in the world all day, chasing fish.

1. Check that you have all latest drivers installed for your system, specially the graphic card. In the graphic card settings, let all settings to default.

2. Delete the main.mcf file of AFS2, in folder Documents/Aerofly

3. RESTART PC

4. Start AFS2 to re-generate the main.mcf file

Devons rig