I've just ordered a brand new parts for my pc from Amazon, and while I wait I was wondering how it would perform in p3d v4, I've searched a lot about similar specs but couldn't find videos or any forum post. I'll also be upgrading a year from now. I would like to know from people with similar specs or just anyone how much fps I will get with pmdg 777, 737. Aerosoft A3XX family (when it's released for v4). Most flytampa sceneries and ftx global vector and ftx trees.

I think you will be rather underwhelmed.  AMD is miles behind Intel for P3D, and the stuff you have chosen in pretty low end.

Sorry if appears harsh or blunt, but you would probably have been better saving up some more money first.

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

4 minutes ago, Charlatan said:

I think you will be rather underwhelmed.  AMD is miles behind Intel for P3D, and the stuff you have chosen in pretty low end.

Sorry if appears harsh or blunt, but you would probably have been better saving up some more money first.

If I were to order an i5 8400, would it perform better than the ryzen cpu?

1 hour ago, Jack John said:

You need a CPU with a "k": on the end of it or you wont be able to OC

ZORAN

6 hours ago, Jack John said:

Well... this will help a bit: https://techreport.com/news/33903/get-a-ryzen-5-2600-for-160-with-this-newegg-deal

But you'd better move fast!  And even then, it still will not beat the Intel CPU you posted.

Greg

P.S. A much as I love AMD... I.N.T.E.L. that is all any of us (flight simulators) need to know ( a sad reality).

Greg

8 hours ago, zmak said:

You need a CPU with a "k": on the end of it or you wont be able to OC

I know that I can't overclock the 8400, but I thought it would be better due to its turbo speed 

Core 1: 4ghz

Core 2, 3, 4: 3.9ghz

Core 5, 6: 3.8ghz

3 hours ago, lownslo said:

Well... this will help a bit: https://techreport.com/news/33903/get-a-ryzen-5-2600-for-160-with-this-newegg-deal

But you'd better move fast!  And even then, it still will not beat the Intel CPU you posted.

Greg

P.S. A much as I love AMD... I.N.T.E.L. that is all any of us (flight simulators) need to know ( a sad reality).

Greg

I'm also yet to order the motherboard and the cup after reading for months about the controversy about ryzen for flight sim, I've kept them in my card and almost bought them yesterday, I might as well go with the 8400 at the end.

1060 6GB minimum

try a 7600K with z270 on a budget 16 GB ram

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

10 hours ago, Jack John said:

This would be a much better plan.  If you were to team it with a Z370 board, you could always change to an 8700k or 8086k later on.  1060 6gb over the 1050Ti any day of the week.  Also if you haven't already bought the ram, try and get 3200mhz stuff

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

40 minutes ago, Charlatan said:

This would be a much better plan.  If you were to team it with a Z370 board, you could always change to an 8700k or 8086k later on.  1060 6gb over the 1050Ti any day of the week.  Also if you haven't already bought the ram, try and get 3200mhz stuff

Thanks for the advice, I'll buy a z370 motherboard, I'll also try to fit a gtx 1060 6gb in my budget.

• Like 1