Sign in to follow this  
snake3321

P3D v4 textures absolutely blurry

Hello, after update from version 4.2 to 4.3 I have totally blurry textures upon cruising and arrival. On version 4.2 I've never had any problem with anything. It was absolutely new clean install. I'm using ORBX, REX, etc.. Today I was testing when the textures becomes blurry.. Before my departure from any airport, the textures seems to be fine and working as well, but immediately after takeoff with any aircraft, textures starts changing like they're stopped loading or just loading very very very slowly.

These are photos of my textures before update to 4.3..

https://ctrlv.cz/WV8G

https://ctrlv.cz/d9kl

And These are photos of my textures after update 4.3

https://ctrlv.cz/XI02

https://ctrlv.cz/tVVz

https://ctrlv.cz/khNI

https://ctrlv.cz/adx0

I was reading some other threads with this problem and I did just everything what was said in these threads. Basically:

Set MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame=1 to config, try changing the number to 16 too. Set AffinityMask to 0 and 14, didnt work.. Making clean new install, didnt work.. Set FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01 didnt work too. Reduction my setting to minimum, didnt work... I really dont know what to do.. The texture are fine untill I depart from my airport. Thanks for any response to this thread and for my bad english as well.

20 minutes ago, snake3321 said:

ORBX, REX, etc.

What is etc. and what are the settings?

20 minutes ago, snake3321 said:

Making clean new install, didnt work..

Is this a clean install without ORBX, REX, etc.?

21 minutes ago, snake3321 said:

The texture are fine untill I depart from my airport.

Which airport?

27 minutes ago, newtie said:

What is etc. and what are the settings?

Is this a clean install without ORBX, REX, etc.?

Which airport?

With clean install a meant, that I uninstall everything and after I started to install everything else, like ORBX Vector, EU, Trees, tweak with PTA, some airplanes like pmdg 737,777,747, fslabs a320, dash q400.. Some sceneries..

My settings are here:

I was flying from EDDF many times to different airports, like Helsinki, Oslo, London, Innsbruck, Barcelona..... Basically it is everywhere..

I'm going to rebuild prepar3d.cfg because of my stupidity every time after some changes I just tweak it immediately..

And yes.. My PC is very low now, but I'm looking for upgrade to GTX 1070 and i5 8400. But at this low specs, this comp never had a problem to run p3d normally without any problem and satisfactory FPS.

As has been stated repeatedly, the "blurries" are caused by high settings.  Only you can find the high setting that is causing the textures not to render quickly.  If it is Orbx/REX, then you should visit their forums and get advice from them.  My system is set at 5.0GHz and I have the GTX 1080 TI.  It is the holy grail of all fixes for the total enjoyment of P3DV4 with most of the graphic settings set to high and still getting 50-60 fps.  I do see some "blurries" but they do not last long.  Almost instantaneous, the scenery renders crisp and clear.  I suspect if I turned off say, cloud shadows, I would get faster rendering.  I think I can see people working on some of the high rises in LA! (Just joking...).

The problem with your request regarding the "blurries" is that many do not see what you are seeing.  And some see the blurries and accept it as they are flying at FL360 most of the time.  I also found that if you change the zoom resolution so that the scenery is further away (I usually go to Zoom 50; if you have full screen view setting in P3D, then 70 is a good compromise).  The textures render faster when you zoom out.

In my old beat up i7 7700K system, flying around DD MiamiX and MSE FloridaV3 and Taxi2Gate KMIA, I was seeing black buildings along the Miami skyline.  It would take more than several seconds for the skyline to render.  Now?  Instantaneously at 50-70 fps. 

I am now flying over SoCal LA area and I take off and the scenery below is a little blurry but it is like magic.  The longer up in the air and in the surrounding area the more time for the engine to render all of the textures in the area and things look greater and greater as I fly.  The system I have now will do this for you and even with the PMDG 747.  If you are not sure how to overclock to 5.0GHz, the i7 8086K will do that automatically with all cores by just selecting XMP mode and setting all the cores to 50.  Exit and save and go fly.  Other CPU's (including the i7 8700K) you have to make changes to the voltages and other modifications and sometimes you can get a stable 5.0GHz and sometimes not.  Most likely you have to settle at 4.8GHz.  My 5.0GHz is stable and the temps rarely exceed 80C even with high settings and scenery and aircraft that require a lot of power.  Mostly stay in the 70's and below.  It is awesome!

Best regards,

Jim

• Like 3

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

As has been stated repeatedly, the "blurries" are caused by high settings.  Only you can find the high setting that is causing the textures not to render quickly.  If it is Orbx/REX, then you should visit their forums and get advice from them.  My system is set at 5.0GHz and I have the GTX 1080 TI.  It is the holy grail of all fixes for the total enjoyment of P3DV4 with most of the graphic settings set to high and still getting 50-60 fps.  I do see some "blurries" but they do not last long.  Almost instantaneous, the scenery renders crisp and clear.  I suspect if I turned off say, cloud shadows, I would get faster rendering.  I think I can see people working on some of the high rises in LA! (Just joking...).

The problem with your request regarding the "blurries" is that many do not see what you are seeing.  And some see the blurries and accept it as they are flying at FL360 most of the time.  I also found that if you change the zoom resolution so that the scenery is further away (I usually go to Zoom 50; if you have full screen view setting in P3D, then 70 is a good compromise).  The textures render faster when you zoom out.

In my old beat up i7 7700K system, flying around DD MiamiX and MSE FloridaV3 and Taxi2Gate KMIA, I was seeing black buildings along the Miami skyline.  It would take more than several seconds for the skyline to render.  Now?  Instantaneously at 50-70 fps. 

I am now flying over SoCal LA area and I take off and the scenery below is a little blurry but it is like magic.  The longer up in the air and in the surrounding area the more time for the engine to render all of the textures in the area and things look greater and greater as I fly.  The system I have now will do this for you and even with the PMDG 747.  If you are not sure how to overclock to 5.0GHz, the i7 8086K will do that automatically with all cores by just selecting XMP mode and setting all the cores to 50.  Exit and save and go fly.  Other CPU's (including the i7 8700K) you have to make changes to the voltages and other modifications and sometimes you can get a stable 5.0GHz and sometimes not.  Most likely you have to settle at 4.8GHz.  My 5.0GHz is stable and the temps rarely exceed 80C even with high settings and scenery and aircraft that require a lot of power.  Mostly stay in the 70's and below.  It is awesome!

Best regards,

Jim

Thank you so much for this advice! I am just surprised, that I'm running p3d v4 with ORBX, REX4, etc from version 4.1, the same settings and never had problem with blurries..

What CPU are you running and at what speed? Graphics card? HD or SSD?

Reinstall P3D with no addons and stock settings. Clear shaders. Check for blurries.

5 minutes ago, newtie said:

What CPU are you running and at what speed? Graphics card? HD or SSD?

Reinstall P3D with no addons and stock settings. Clear shaders. Check for blurries.

I'm running i5 4460, GTX 660 and 2TB SSHD (300 GB free space now)

Can be there any other way to try solve this problem? I really dont want to completely reinstall p3d untill it is necessary.

40 minutes ago, snake3321 said:

Thank you so much for this advice! I am just surprised, that I'm running p3d v4 with ORBX, REX4, etc from version 4.1, the same settings and never had problem with blurries..

When you upgraded from P3DV4.1 to 4.2, did you continue to use the old P3D.cfg?  I heard that could cause problems.  I always start out with a new config after updating.  I also do what Michael (Newtie) does and, after an update, run P3D with the default settings.  I just did a new build and had to reinstall P3D and most of my addons.  When I first ran P3DV4.2, I was getting single digit fps most of the time.  Reinstalled much of my addon scenery and the skies opened up wide and suddenly I was getting great performance.  I'm not positive that was the cause but I did something as I was always in the single digit or teens and things looked ugly for my brand new system.  I suspect permissions could mess things up too. 

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

41 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

When you upgraded from P3DV4.1 to 4.2, did you continue to use the old P3D.cfg?  I heard that could cause problems.  I always start out with a new config after updating.  I also do what Michael (Newtie) does and, after an update, run P3D with the default settings.  I just did a new build and had to reinstall P3D and most of my addons.  When I first ran P3DV4.2, I was getting single digit fps most of the time.  Reinstalled much of my addon scenery and the skies opened up wide and suddenly I was getting great performance.  I'm not positive that was the cause but I did something as I was always in the single digit or teens and things looked ugly for my brand new system.  I suspect permissions could mess things up too. 

You're right. I thought its caused by PTA tweak tool and I was totally right. As you can see https://ctrlv.cz/Xlo0 after rebuilding prepar3d.cfg textures are normal. Thank you so much! But even in fact, that my problem was solved. I have still little question. I really love PTA as a tweak tool and I still want to use it. What settings in this tweak tool may cause these blurries, please? There is my config https://ctrlv.cz/qK2U

With your rig specs, you might want to lose PTA 😉

6 minutes ago, newtie said:

With your rig specs, you might want to lose PTA 😉

Yea, my 15-25 FPS in Frankfurt are really irritating 😁. Can tessellation on 1 can cause this problem?

The root problem is your rig.

If that’s not in the mix, you’re going to have to back off your settings. I’d start with the extremely dense setting in scenery complexity first. Uncheck hi res textures. Enable vsync running unlimited.

• Like 1

SOLVED, thank all those who have given me advice! I really appreciate that.

On 7/15/2018 at 11:49 AM, Marina Kosherova said:

How did you solve the problem?

I had tessellation=1 in PTA. Just delete it.