Sign in to follow this  
matty121121

PMDG 737-800 LEMG RUNWAYS NUMBERS DONT MATCH WHATS IN FMC P3DV4

I have upto date airac cycle for the simulator and pmdg 737-800 but at LEMG in p3dv4 the runway number is 13 but when i slect apprach in th pmdg 738 ut is runway 12 any body got any ideas how to fix this.

Rgards,

Matthew Russel

Hi Matthew:  Nothing to fix.  All this means is that the scenery is out of date and that is a pretty common thing.  Select 12 and ignore or update the scenery.  The ILS for 12 is probably the same as it was before the number change.

It helps to understand what comes from scenery and what comes from navdata.  All FMS data is from navdata,  the FMS has no knowledge of scenery.  The radio in the simulator uses the navaids that are in the scenery.  Sometimes a course or runway number changes, in fact given enough time they all change.  This is normal.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

Thanks for your help its jus when i put the ils frequncey and course in today the vor lock would not switch on or pick up the frequency it was in both captians and first officers Nav radio and active.

Regards,,

matthew russel

56 minutes ago, matty121121 said:

Hi,

Thanks for your help its jus when i put the ils frequncey and course in today the vor lock would not switch on or pick up the frequency it was in both captians and first officers Nav radio and active.

Regards,,

matthew russel

The quick and easy solution is to use the P3D Map, select the airport and it opens a box full of runways and ILS freq/course information that is in the scenery.  Sometimes you have to over ride the FMS when the scenery is outdated if you want to use the scenery.

Dan Downs KCRP

Not wanting to offer up a lemon, but there are Runways 12 AND 13 at LEMG... At least there were last time I flew into there the other week.

It's normal to land 13 and take off 12...

Edited by MarkJHarris

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

1 hour ago, MarkJHarris said:

Not wanting to offer up a lemon, but there are Runways 12 AND 13 at LEMG... At least there were last time I flew into there the other week.

It's normal to land 13 and take off 12...

Interesting, I didn't pull up the charts and just assumed it was a runway number change.  What do you suggest as the solution?

Dan Downs KCRP

7 hours ago, downscc said:

What do you suggest as the solution?

Choose the correct runway?

Yes, that might do it, however, and not wanting to be condescending but;

Assuming you are using P3D v4 scenery, then this should be corrected for scenery Nav aids, Magnetic Variation, etc.

So actually,  the real solution is to get the ATIS, select the correct RNAV arrival, RNAV transition where appropriate, the approach, look at fuel difference between destination and present, subtract the difference from the INIT REF page Gross weight to get landing weight, select the FMC REF speed for landing flap, select an autobrake suitable for distance, then BRIEF yourself.

This is how we prevent making an word not allowed of ourselves later on when frequencies don't match or other problems occur. 

One good element is we run through each leg of the FMC arrival and go around, checking legs and distances, then we sit back, relax and watch a seamless arrival and lock onto the ILS.

You actually have to put some work in to make it look like it's done professionally..

Edited by MarkJHarris

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!