Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

Aerosoft A318/9

Hi All,

I would like to inquire if the Aerosoft Bus is a study level Sim or is it like the previous Airbus which they relesed before. Either way, it's a great product and Thank you Aerosoft for this. 

Regards

Aerosoft say their Airbus Professional is a casual sim but it seems study"ish" level for normal operations based on the feature list. It's definitely a lot more in-depth than their previous Airbus product, but it's still not PMDG nor FS Labs because AS don't simulate non-normal ops (failures etc).

There's a list of MCDU/FMGS new features at http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/132869-fmgs-mcdu/
And system features at http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/132870-systems/
Some stuff is missing until SP1 though http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/133133-whats-not-available-whats-wrong/

If you wait until SP1 comes out and is reviewed properly you'll have a better idea if it's deep enough for you.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

2 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Aerosoft say their Airbus Professional is a casual sim but it seems pretty study level to me for normal operations based on the feature list. It's definitely a lot more in-depth than their previous Airbus product, but it's not quite PMDG and definitely not FS Labs because they don't simulate non-normal ops (failures etc).

There's a list of MCDU/FMGS new features at http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/132869-fmgs-mcdu/
And system features at http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/132870-systems/
Some stuff is missing until SP1 though http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/133133-whats-not-available-whats-wrong/

If you wait until SP1 comes out and is reviewed properly you'll have a better idea if it's deep enough for you.

Thank you for your reply.Really Appreciate it. 

Regards. 

28 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Aerosoft say their Airbus Professional is a casual sim but it seems study"ish" level for normal operations based on the feature list. It's definitely a lot more in-depth than their previous Airbus product, but it's still not PMDG nor FS Labs because AS don't simulate non-normal ops (failures etc).

It seems that you can categorize it as "study level" as long as you are talking about "Normal Procedures" and not including failures in consideration.

It has been said by real commercial pilots (Blackbox 711, I believe) who use these simulations that no airliner available is "study level" when they enter the realm of system failures.  The more failures that happen, the less "study level" they are. 

In other words, an airliner that simulates failures will not takeoff, fly or land accurately with those failures active, but under normal procedures they will be very accurate. So Aerosoft's Airbus doesn't fall short in that sense.

• Like 1

I hate that term so much. It's such a misnomer.

You can say that certain add-ons are high-fidelity or vary in depth, but please as a community, let's drop this term from the lexicon of simming.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

11 hours ago, ZLA Steve said:

I hate that term so much. It's such a misnomer.

You can say that certain add-ons are high-fidelity or vary in depth, but please as a community, let's drop this term from the lexicon of simming.

Agreed. "Study-Level" is such a subjective term.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Would you say that the new AS Airbus Professional has the same features / system depth for normal ops as the previous Airbus SP3?

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

@Cargostorm Well no, given Aerosoft recoded some 70% of it. Find out more about some of the new features:

If in doubt, wait until some reviews come out for SP1 which will add quite a few features.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I wonder what Aerosoft means by "professional". Made by professionals? AImed at professionals (no dont think so)? 

I remember that I quite enjoyed their airbuses in FSX. 

For the moment, I fly the FSLabs a319 and I am 100% satisfied. I think there's a market for both. So let's enjoy what seems the best choice for each one of us.

Jos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beep747 said:

I wonder what Aerosoft means by "professional". Made by professionals? AImed at professionals (no dont think so)? 

I remember that I quite enjoyed their airbuses in FSX. 

For the moment, I fly the FSLabs a319 and I am 100% satisfied. I think there's a market for both. So let's enjoy what seems the best choice for each one of us.

Jos

They seem to be using the word "professional" on products that are developed specifically for P3Dv4. In other words, not for converted products.

Edited by nealmac

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I bought it and tested it. Nice for low-budget folks and beginners, but I don`t think I will touch it much also having the FSL. When the A330 comes out though...

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

9 minutes ago, nealmac said:

They seem to be using the word "professional" on products that are developed specifically for P3Dv3. In other words, not for converted products.

Did you not mean P3dV4?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, eaim said:

Did you not mean P3dV4?

Oops, sorry, my mistake. I've now edited it.

• Upvote 2

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

greatly admiring the Aerosoft Airbus.I stayed away from FSL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Nice for low-budget folks and beginners

Although the AS bus has a checklist with copilot function to assist beginners I always fail to understand how the whole product is just something for beginners.

If I do a normal SOP flight from A to B I can push even more buttons, that are required IRL, with the the AS bus then any other P3D bus has at the moment. Sure we do not model 50.000 electrons that zip from system to system but the level of operation is nothing less than any other product. Or do you consider typing in the ZFW and ZFWCG in the AS bus different from doing it with another product for example?

Cheers

• Like 4