Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

Aerosoft A318/9

I purchased the fsl and I   think it's as good if not better then the pmdg stuff.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

7 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

NOT for 150 bucks IMO!

Yeah FSLabs 'blows '.He's got that right.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

12 hours ago, nickpap89 said:

I own both products. FSLabs A320 blows Aerosoft out of the water. It absolutely murders it! You get what you pay for.

"Boeien" as we say in Holland (freely translated as 'Who cares').

What's your point? The FSL is more then twice as expensive then the AS bus ($180 - 80$), so it pretty darn should blow the AS bus out of the water.
I for one, am not looking for a bus containing each and every rivet (i.e. has most systems rendered), I'm perfectly happy with the AS bus.
Other pilots want top of the bill (both figuratively as literally speaking) so they buy the FSL. Presto: Everybody happy!

• Upvote 3

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I luve FSL, developer puts his heart into his products and updates, that's what we need from dev's, commitment and service!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Egbert Drenth said:

"Boeien" as we say in Holland (freely translated as 'Who cares'

Huh ... that's an utterly free translation. Maybe a local dialect? 

Jos 

EBBR

1 hour ago, beep747 said:

Huh ... that's an utterly free translation. Maybe a local dialect? 

It's 'boeien' as in 'het kan me niet boeien'. You were perhaps thinking about the plural of the Dutch translation of the English word 'buoy' (een '(water)boei')? I do know the expression 'boeien' as in 'who cares' very well and it's certainly not a local dialect.

Anyway... it's always funny to see how people compare products, say which they like most (for their kind of use) and then get beaten over it. Of course some people get beaten for a good reason because they feel the need to bash the other product and sometimes even imply that everyone who sees it differently is a stupid moron. As long as everyone would say something like 'I like this product more for my personal use' then no one would have te be insulted or become angry and topics like these could be very interesting. Simply stating that one products beats another one out of the water is a pretty useless because no one has a clue why. There may be various reasons why someone prefers one product over the other! I myself don't even own one of these products because for my current way of flying the default Airbus 320 of Aerofly FS 2 is great enough. Main reasons: it quickly gets me from A to B (runway to runway) by pushing the right buttons and it's free. (And performance is the best.) These are very valid reasons for me to prefer this Airbus at this moment in time. Now imagine I would have come here in this topic and only posted that the default Aerofly FS 2 Airbus beats the FSL and AS ones out of the water... that clearly wouldn't make much sense for most people in this topic, would it?! But by saying WHY I prefer this Airbus right now, it becomes perfectly clear and no one can say those aren't valid reasons. It's all very personal so let's keep it personal.

Whenever someones says 'I prefer this product over that other one' he or she should also say WHY exactly. And without bashing the other product. That would make this forum a much nicer place to hang around.

Edited by Guest

Here is a great read for everyone.

Airbus Decent Monitoring

http://www.smartcockpit.com/docs/Airbus_Descent_Monitoring.pdf

Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

15 hours ago, nickpap89 said:

I own both products. FSLabs A320 blows Aerosoft out of the water. It absolutely murders it! You get what you pay for.

Smacks of a self-fulfilling prophecy to me... 

Doesn't the Aerosoft bus have that TFDi Reallight? How does that compare with FSL cockpit lighting? 

Eric 

The reason i bought the Aerosoft bus was mainly because of the Copilot interface.that is really cool in my opinion.if i was looking for realism i'd get a cpl and buy my own airbus.as the real world bus pilots on here are saying,it's a good simulation but nothing like the real deal.that goes for the FSl version as well.

steve

• Upvote 1

Kurt you disagree with real world bus pilots or just everything i said..just a little more info please.

steve

7 hours ago, garydpoole said:

Smacks of a self-fulfilling prophecy to me... 

Smacks of what I term "purchasing authenticity".  You can see this happen in many hobbies which have a "professional" tier above them and stratified cost tiers to go along with it.  One of my other passtimes is photography, and it happens there as well -- amateurs spend a lot of money buying professional level gear (like Canon's L lenses) for the authenticity that comes with it whether they need, or can even make use of, any of the functionality it brings.  There is a special kind of defensiveness that comes with this, because the people doing it make having the gear part of their identity, and if anyone makes it seem less special, less elite, it becomes a threat to their ego.  This can make them aggressive in defense of the "specialness" of what they have, because it is so integral to their self-perception.

The funny part of this is that the actual professionals tend to not care as much.   They have a tool that they need, but they already walk the walk, so there's no threat to them in people who may make their gear seem less special.  In fact, quite the opposite -- if there's something that will do what they need, cheaper, they'll hop on it.

I think we see this a lot in some of the "hardcore" fans of PMDG and FSLabs -- it is critical that what they spend lots of money for always be better than other options, because anything less is a threat to the authenticity they've purchased.   I'm willing to bet that if you take as a group the people who are vocally defensive of the products from these manufacturers and dismissive of "everything else", you'll find it's almost entirely amateur simmers, with very few actual commercial pilots.   What does it matter to them if an AS product is "as good as" FSLabs in some aspect?   They still do the real thing every day.

I'm not by any means saying this applies to all pros, or to all FSLabs/PMDG fans -- it would be irresponsible to make such sweeping generalizations.  But I think it's a definite pattern.

(If I were to buy a Bus it would be the Aerosoft one, because I refuse to do any more business with FSLabs, but I already own both PMDG and FSLabs products, so it's not like I can't afford / don't want them.  I just have enough to worry about in my life without adding having to maintain my ego over flight sim products.)

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 5

23 hours ago, tooting said:

you can do a hold in it for a start

Not sticking up for one or the other, Aerosoft intends on adding holds to their Airbus along with several things that are missing on the release version.  It is still a WIP.

I purchased the Aerosoft version and also have FSLab's A320 and A319.  (also have the Flight Factor A320 Ultimate)

I haven't tried the Aerosoft yet, but I do like the look of the FSLab's cockpit a little better.