Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

Aerosoft A318/9

Hey Jos,

I am one of the beta testers of the AS bus and a forum mod at AS. As I do not get paid for my services I am also not listed as a commercial person here. I also refrain from using my real name here for personal reasons. 

And the part that disqualifies me the most; 5000 hrs on an RW CRJ and 6500 on various Airbuses. 😉 

Cheers

• Like 2

5 hours ago, steve howlett said:

Anders you would want to know when someone says  "  but the product is way too unusable to be released " that they have

1 bought it

2 tested it extensively

3 not just said it because of hearsay.

4 or said it after half an hour (or more)on a friends computer.

it needs to be an informed opinion.Flyer024 is a real bus pilot.if he says it's a good simulation that needs an sp1.then thats all i need to hear.and please remember all the patches FSL have had to get it to where it is now.

take care

steve:-)

You don't need much time to infer the addon is (at present) unusable unfortunately, this is why i said "three or four months more".

So that "tested extensively" doesn't even apply here.

If Flyer024 is a real Airbus pilot that doesn't make the addon better or worse, i do see him defending it as if it was the next best thing and right now: It's not. It might be someday, NOW it's not.

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Guys - so far this has been a good thread - if we keep up the "sniping" at each other, it will get shut down quickly.

Let's stay with expressing your opinion on the a/c and not on the poster.

Vic

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I am reading posts on other forums and I am going to look at big streamers later today after my job, but it does look like the unrealistic A318 modeling of fuel and engine thrust is not fixed. Too bad.

The old A318 you could fill up using correct numbers but it never climbed at a realistic rate and used too much fuel. I find the same bugs in people's posts talking about the updated version.

I'd like an alternative to the other Airbus since I am banned thanks to the kind CEO for finding too many bugs on the fsx original release and upsetting his programming talent.

Edited by Boeing or not going

5 hours ago, Flyer024 said:

Hey Jos,

I am one of the beta testers of the AS bus and a forum mod at AS. As I do not get paid for my services I am also not listed as a commercial person here. I also refrain from using my real name here for personal reasons. 

And the part that disqualifies me the most; 5000 hrs on an RW CRJ and 6500 on various Airbuses. 😉 

Cheers

Thank you. That makes your valuable comments much clearer for me.

Jos

2 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

You don't need much time to infer the addon is (at present) unusable unfortunately, this is why i said "three or four months more".

So that "tested extensively" doesn't even apply here.

If Flyer024 is a real Airbus pilot that doesn't make the addon better or worse, i do see him defending it as if it was the next best thing and right now: It's not. It might be someday, NOW it's not.

if it's unusable,how am i able to use it without any problems??i'm using it exclusively on every flight i do and i've had no problems with it.it goes from A-B flying down the ILS to a smooth landing.you know sometimes people just can't stand being wrong nuno and you are one of them.and the joke about this conversation is ..you don't even own it!!.well i do and think it's very good,as i said it will get better after SP1.but it is very usable

steve

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 7/13/2018 at 8:02 PM, flyfed said:

At the moment, P3Dv4.3. There is some functionality in 4.3 that was needed and not available in 4.2 or less.

Their reasoning for using "Professional" in the title is explained in this link. See the third paragraph.

While it's true that the bus requires 4.3, that's not the question he asked. He asked what do Aerosoft mean by "professional", and I answered him. He wasn't specifically asking about the bus. Many/Most of Aerosoft's other "professional" products work on earlier point releases of v4.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

On 7/15/2018 at 10:04 AM, Anders Bermann said:

I don't really care if someone in here, flyes the Airbus, Boeing, CRJ or even if set person is the Pope!

Let's be honest. If the Pope is a flight simmer, we would all want to know. 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, nealmac said:

While it's true that the bus requires 4.3, that's not the question he asked. He asked what do Aerosoft mean by "professional", and I answered him. He wasn't specifically asking about the bus. Many/Most of Aerosoft's other "professional" products work on earlier point releases of v4.

I inserted the 4.3 comment because that requirement is occasionally missed, based on my experience as a moderator on the Aerosoft site. I'm simply trying to help people just thinking "4.x" to know they need to be at 4.3, since many are still holding off on moving from 4.1 or 4.2.

As for the asked question, as you pointed out, it's not about what version of P3D is required. The question in the first post was indeed about the "Professional" in the product title. The link I provided is Aerosoft's official statement on that subject. Nothing wrong with your answer, it's just that Aerosoft's is the very best answer.

Edited by flyfed
punctuation

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

On 7/15/2018 at 5:52 AM, ABermann said:

Agreed!

The attitude in here sometimes baffles me... I don't know why you need to publicize your receipt, for an addon, for it to be justified to make your observation. Especially since it's not equal for all! If the review had been positive, I bet no one would have demanded for proof of purchase...

Makes you wonder...

The product is an excellent add-on. It is true that over at Aerosoft, most of the forum administrators behave in a very un-educated, unprofessional , and rude  manner. (Namely with their: "Have you searched the forum?"  "Oh read 60 pages back, this has already been answered")... Very ,very foolish attitude... Hello Tom, Dave, and Frank!    But this is also  fueled by a couple of trolls and "on purpose" visitors such as Nuno. I personally have set aside any comments by Nuno or Mitch as their only purpose is to destroy every other developer who is not their favorite. 

But, going back to the product yes, it's a beautiful piece of art. And, Aerosoft isnworking on making it even better.

I'd like an alternative to the other Airbus since I am banned thanks to the kind CEO for finding too many bugs on the fsx original release and upsetting his programming talent.

Why is someone with the username "Boeing or not going" interested in Airbus planes? :tongue:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 hours ago, flyfed said:

I inserted the 4.3 comment because that requirement is occasionally missed, based on my experience as a moderator on the Aerosoft site. I'm simply trying to help people just thinking "4.x" to know they need to be at 4.3, since many are still holding off on moving from 4.1 or 4.2.

As for the asked question, as you pointed out, it's not about what version of P3D is required. The question in the first post was indeed about the "Professional" in the product title. The link I provided is Aerosoft's official statement on that subject. Nothing wrong with your answer, it's just that Aerosoft's is the very best answer.

Fair enough Herman. I didn't realise it was yourself 😅. Good answer by the way.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Why is someone with the username "Boeing or not going" interested in Airbus planes? :tongue:

Because they finally realize that their Boeing is not going places where Airbus is going. Boooooo. lol

• Like 1