Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eek

FSPainter Airbus FDE update?

Hello. I am currently moving from FS2002 to FS2004 and wonder if their is an updated FDE for the older FSPainter AI Airbus's? Or can I just copy over my current FSpainter AI aircraft folders located in FS2002 to FS2004? If their was a FDE update, where can I find it? I've found this File "ai_airbus_complete_120685.zip" which is Version 2. Is this the most current?Thanks all..

Guest MD11Forever

Not sure which FDE's are in that file. There was a site with FS9 FDE's for the FSP models, but it appears to be down and I have no other link.

It's funny we just had a discussion in the FSX forum where a simmer made a comment stating, "Who still uses FS2002?". This just confirms there are those of you out there. In the day and age where a new version of the sim is just around the corner here we have a person who's just getting up to speed on the current version that's about to be retired by most.Very interesting... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

"a person who's just getting up to speed on the current version" Heck no... ;-)I like to stay one version behind. Staying one version behind saves me money, and provides me more enjoyment with less work. I bought FS2004 the day it was released, but had performance issues with it. I love to "fly" the sim, and tweak it to some degree, but I found I was tweaking FS2004 more than I was flying so I decided to go back to FS2002 and fly. I merged FS2004 textures with FS2002 and have never looked back.My reason for lagging behind....Some of the very good add-ons don't work. I hated the fact that PIC767 didn't work. Now it does, and all the major problems (SP3) have been worked out. Some of the PSS products didn't work, now they do... The list goes on and on... Their were frame rate issues with FS2004. A patch was released, so now I don't have to worry or waste my time trying to figure out why my frame rate drops over time. It's quick, I installed FS2004, then the patch. Now I'm working on my AI. Next I'll buy/move some of my add-on aircraft which have all been patched for FS2004. I don't have to wait before I can use my pay ware, it works the day I install it. The move to FS2004 is much quicker, and less painful for me this way. If I'm lucky, some of the add-on scenery/aircraft will go on sale after FSX is released.Most of the scenery I want, has been produced, so when I do move over to FS2004 for good, I'll be set to fly and fly in scenery I need. I will buy FSX the day it comes out, but will stay in the FS2004 world until such time, I know which hardware runs FSX the best. The hardware I currently have now may run FSX OK, but I built the system only for FS2004. It gets very disappointing when flying, and the sim starts to slow down because of low FPS. Now with the hardware I have, FS2004 performs very well. It's a lot cheaper buying hardware that is not cutting edge..Make sense? As they say "Time is Money". This approach saves me time and money.. :-)Things I don't like: :-( watching the forums and seeing great payware/freeware being released and not being able to fly it. Its the cost I pay, for lagging behind. After seeing the Tinmouse II B737-200 released, I decided at this point in time I'd make the big move to FS2004. Its a lot of work/time, but once that work is over, I'll be fly for 2-3 years with out tweaking..

Guest AOA

Hi RJThat`s a pretty good philosophy you have there.I do pretty much the same thing in regards to addons and I`m never fretting over patches which makes me a happy simmer.:)Pete

You're correct Pete... Time and time again I see people complaining for a "patch" whether it be for Flight Simulator itself, or for some add-on.I have to admit, I too was upset x( when PIC767 didn't work in FS2004, one of the reasons I stuck with FS2002 :7 . I too am a happy simmer :-rotor , enjoying mainly IFR flights and not "fretting" :-sae over patches or video card driver updates.Why someone would be shocked that people still fly FS2002 I'll never know :-roll . They're not my keeper. Some people still fly FS98, and that's their choice, no one else's.For people to think that FS2004 is dead because FSX is just around the corner, I find funny. FSX will run fine on systems today, but it's being "fine tuned" to run on "Vista", not XP. It will be some time before I buy "Vista", again my choice, no one else's.This thread was not started to talk about those "silly" people who still fly FS2002 and have decided to move to FS2004. I started this thread with a question, a valid question.Sorry to have shocked any FS2004 users out there... :-lolI love these forums, people crack me up all the time.. :-xxrotflmao

Guest Eek

>It's funny we just had a discussion in the FSX forum where a>simmer made a comment stating, "Who still uses FS2002?". This>just confirms there are those of you out there. In the day>and age where a new version of the sim is just around the>corner here we have a person who's just getting up to speed on>the current version that's about to be retired by most.>>Very interesting... :-) I wouldn't think FS9 will be retired by most anytime soon. From what I can tell, it appears to be a minor upgrade. Hardly worth replacing my FS9 that I have spent hours tweaking and adding AI, textures, and other various add-ons.They are adding "gameplay" and the rivets cast shadows.:-roll Neither of which, do anything for me. That's fine, I'll get it eventually. I hope they do something about smoothing the winds and altimeter between weather stations. Haven't seen anything saying they are addressing it. This is my biggest beef with FS9. But, I won't rush out and buy it as soon as it hits the stores.I bought FS9 when it came out, since I never owned FS2002. I was still running FS2000. Same thing. I had spent too much time getting FS2000 working well. The problem for me was a lack of add-ons. It was nearly a year before anybody came out with a simple TCAS. I paid $25 and it was barely usable, since it gave collision alerts while I was on the ground. There was no way to shut this thing up. A month later, there was a free one in the Avsim library that actually worked.:-madWhat it all boils down to for me, is the benefits don't outweigh the hassle of rebuiding my sim and waiting for the add-ons to trickle out again. I've come to the conclusion it's better to wait about a year after a new release to upgrade. By that time, the major flaws have beeen patched and there are a fair amount of add-ons available. I don't have to fly a stripped down sim while waiting for the add-on developers to do their magic. It also becomes apparent what hardware works best and I can upgrade/rebuild my system as needed to accomodate the new version before I install it.:-samurai I haven't read the FSX forum, so I don't really know how excited everybody is about FSX. But, judging from the initial press release and what little I've read about it, it doesn't look like anything to get excited about. Am I missing something?:-hmmm

Now that FSX has been released in many parts, and it appears many people have performance issues (including Dillon), I wonder if Dillon has retired FS9?I've got my copy of FSX, but it's still unopened... I hope in 3 years time when I decide to upgrade to FSX people won't :-lol.Hope to see the autogen issue fixed by then...