Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

FSL latest update

With 2x SSAA, full screen in 2560x1440 on my 1080TI, with gray and rainy default weather, I get 100% GPU usage. I think 4x is way too much. 2x is probably a way to for me.

Edited by SimonC

11 minutes ago, SimonC said:

With 2x SSAA, full screen in 2560x1440 on my 1080TI, with gray and rainy default weather, I get 100% GPU usage. I think 4x is way too much. 2x is probably a way to for me.

Really? I'm running  180ti and 1440p as well  and I can do on at 4x with flytampa stuff  and AS. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

21 minutes ago, SimonC said:

What else are your running at the same time?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Really? I'm running  180ti and 1440p as well  and I can do on at 4x with flytampa stuff  and AS. 

Day or night? I'm standing on FT LOWW rwy34 at night with all lights on in FSL A320, and GPU is (maximized window or full screen) doing 99%. FPS drop slightly below my locked 31, to about 29-30, so it's an edge-performance.

Edited by SimonC

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

What else are your running at the same time?

What do you mean?

It give some more , nice work from the FSL team.  52-57fps at ORBX Essa and Lowi , 4K 4MSAA with 2048 texture 3-4 less at 4096 . night majorthunderstorm all lights on

gpu usage 85 and 75 on each 1080TI , i run Vsync 30HZ it hold 30fps in all senarios now  only test unlimited without vsync for test.

Edited by westman

4 hours ago, SimonC said:

What do you mean?

Are you running at the same time ASp4, SF, ProATC etc....

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

With "gray and rainy", I meant the same named weather scenario in P3D. Not running ActiveSky in that case, of course.

But in general, no. Nothing beside P3D.

Sorry to hear that Simon was hoping it could have been other apps overloading your core 0. Just make sure you don't have anything else running in the background and if you do, kick everything of core 0.You should not have any core maxed out.

Trust me, I know what I'm doing. :-) Been simming a long time.

I have no problems really, and I'm quite sure all is as it should be here. I was merely observing how performance dropped in general with DL, and then went yet up again with 4.3 and .262.

What I'm concerned, I'll be flying 2x SSAA at day, and 8x MSAA at night. Switching is a matter of seconds.

I have no idea what they have done as I don’t fly at night or dawn dusk much but I thought I would do a DL test.

So simwings EGLL stand 539 all airport lights with DL ON, all FSL A319 lights ON =32 FPS at my locked FPS of 25 as you would imagine never dropped below 25. WOW

No need to worry about DL anymore. 

Love FSL OCD 

Doing a lot of dawn/dusk flights today lol

Edited by Nyxx

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I

Love FSL OCD 

What is OSD?

David, do you lock the FPS limiter via in-sim locker of via NVI?

Okay, so people might jump all over me for this, but I turn my settings down so that in 2d "cockpit" view with a PFD popup on approach I get 60 fps (unlimited frames, vsynced to my 60hz monitor. )  For me it feels more immersive and natural... 

I get this in all my add-ons; PMDG, IFly, QW787... With AS P3Dv4 running, and at large airports (cyyz, kjfk, etc)

I also get this (60fps) with the FSLabs (again 2d cockpit) only with massive stutters, mostly when turning during taxi. And it gets worse with every update, seemingly. 

I suppose no one else uses the FSLabs bus this way?  Everyone else is happy to lock to 30 fps and fly it that way? My monitor doesn't support 30hz, unfortunately... It is very jittery and unnatural feeling when I've tried to lock it there 

Daniel 

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

What is OSD?

David, do you lock the FPS limiter via in-sim locker of via NVI?

OCD

Obsessive-compulsive disorder, = people who are obsessive over the smallest detail basically. 

37 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

Everyone else is happy to lock to 30 fps and fly it that way? My monitor doesn't support 30hz, unfortunately... It is very jittery and unnatural feeling when I've tried to lock it there  

I lock at 25 within the sim and my refeash is 120Hz, sorry never use 2D since fsx

it's not a pretty picture with every light ON but here you go. This scene is facing London and 90% of the airport in front. It's the hardest hitting scene I have. A white wall in front does not help lol

dl_test.jpg

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This bus is flying like a bute now, unlimited frames set at 25hertz 4k monitor 48inch, 6700k overclocked to 4.6 on each core with setting of ram 3100mhz, I cant sleep. it is fantastic, Using active sky next skyforce all orbx scenery's installed with major airports- it is just great

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3