fakeflyer737

FSL latest update

Justn wanted to let you guys know I just updated to the latest version of the 320 and I can fly around at night with DL on and 4X aa (the higher one) and the FPS is amazing, they really did a great job with this update.

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Justn wanted to let you guys know I just updated to the latest version of the 320 and I can fly around at night with DL on and 4X aa (the higher one) and the FPS is amazing, they really did a great job with this update.

261?

2 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

261?

Just now, ZKOKQ said:

Hmmm...when it was released?

Just now, G-YMML1 said:

Hmmm...when it was released?

My timezone "Today"

A319 and A320

I see now. 

Okey, since I'm a freshman in this field, what is the safest way to update to the new version without touching liveries and other important stuff? Should I reinstall the old version first and then install the new one OR just install the new one over the old one?

Thanks!

Just now, G-YMML1 said:

I see now. 

Okey, since I'm a freshman in this field, what is the safest way to update to the new version without touching liveries and other important stuff? Should I reinstall the old version first and then install the new one OR just install the new one over the old one?

Thanks!

I uninstalled the old one and then installed the new. My liveries were still there.

Use the new installer, it will do it for you. No need to uninstall first. Got that info from FSL developer.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Use the new installer, it will do it for you. No need to uninstall first. Got that info from FSL developer.

Okey, thanks.

I presume that I should not reinstall FSSpotlight, shouldn't I?

28 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Okey, thanks.

I presume that I should not reinstall FSSpotlight, shouldn't I?

No, you won't have to

Posted (edited)

Also to note, after the re-install you need to go back into you MCDU and re enter the setting to your liking.

I change sound > from default to the brand name

type of MCDU > from s4 to S7

I use pop up 2D ND etc, so I set VC displays to 5 FPS and 2D to 12 FPS (i used 25 FPS lock)

Cabin logic > to your liking

There are 3 pagers to go though and are worth going though.

O and the #1 setting for me "default state" > "On GPU"

The A319 is a very special thing of beauty the immersion level has been reset again...to a new hight.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Also to note, after the re-install you need to go back into you MCDU and re enter the setting to your liking.

I change sound > from default to the brand name

type of MCDU > from s4 to S7

I use pop up 2D ND etc, so I set VC displays to 5 FPS and 2D to 12 FPS (i used 25 FPS lock)

Cabin logic > to your liking

There are 3 pagers to go though and are worth going though.

O and the #1 setting for me "default state" > "On GPU"

The A319 is a very special thing of beauty the immersion level has been reset again...to a new hight.

David, thanks!

What is you method of reinstalling - complete wipe out and clean new install or new installer over the old one?  

Posted (edited)

Simon from FSL/BA virtual is a beta tester, said to just run the new installer. I've always used windows >programs>un-install.

But if Simon says.....(lol hope you get that) then I jump.....O sorry am in a strange mode today.

So yes I just used the new installer. It uninstalls the old one for you and installed the new one>reboot>done.

Everything was fine just need to re do MCDU setting as I said above.

I better go lie down!

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

I did it this morning. For me it's really good so far. I even managed to land the bugger in GIB this morning 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

With 2x SSAA, full screen in 2560x1440 on my 1080TI, with gray and rainy default weather, I get 100% GPU usage. I think 4x is way too much. 2x is probably a way to for me.

Edited by SimonC

11 minutes ago, SimonC said:

With 2x SSAA, full screen in 2560x1440 on my 1080TI, with gray and rainy default weather, I get 100% GPU usage. I think 4x is way too much. 2x is probably a way to for me.

Really? I'm running  180ti and 1440p as well  and I can do on at 4x with flytampa stuff  and AS. 

21 minutes ago, SimonC said:

What else are your running at the same time?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Really? I'm running  180ti and 1440p as well  and I can do on at 4x with flytampa stuff  and AS. 

Day or night? I'm standing on FT LOWW rwy34 at night with all lights on in FSL A320, and GPU is (maximized window or full screen) doing 99%. FPS drop slightly below my locked 31, to about 29-30, so it's an edge-performance.

Edited by SimonC

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

What else are your running at the same time?

What do you mean?

Posted (edited)

It give some more , nice work from the FSL team.  52-57fps at ORBX Essa and Lowi , 4K 4MSAA with 2048 texture 3-4 less at 4096 . night majorthunderstorm all lights on

gpu usage 85 and 75 on each 1080TI , i run Vsync 30HZ it hold 30fps in all senarios now  only test unlimited without vsync for test.

Edited by westman

4 hours ago, SimonC said:

What do you mean?

Are you running at the same time ASp4, SF, ProATC etc....

With "gray and rainy", I meant the same named weather scenario in P3D. Not running ActiveSky in that case, of course.

But in general, no. Nothing beside P3D.

Sorry to hear that Simon was hoping it could have been other apps overloading your core 0. Just make sure you don't have anything else running in the background and if you do, kick everything of core 0.You should not have any core maxed out.

Trust me, I know what I'm doing. :-) Been simming a long time.

I have no problems really, and I'm quite sure all is as it should be here. I was merely observing how performance dropped in general with DL, and then went yet up again with 4.3 and .262.

What I'm concerned, I'll be flying 2x SSAA at day, and 8x MSAA at night. Switching is a matter of seconds.