Sign in to follow this  
LRBS

A few shots of -8

Wonderful pictures/shots of the 747-8 Freighter! Really like this simple but elegant blue/white house livery. Wondering what those long hours would be for the pilots cooped up in that large plane with "just a few windows"!

What make engines does this one have/use? Must be rather powerful!

46 minutes ago, P_7878 said:

Wonderful pictures/shots of the 747-8 Freighter! Really like this simple but elegant blue/white house livery. Wondering what those long hours would be for the pilots cooped up in that large plane with "just a few windows"!

What make engines does this one have/use? Must be rather powerful!

It's not that bad on the upper deck. Roomy, but can get cramped with 8 people on a long flight.  Worse one I've done is 17 1/2 hrs of block with 8 people on the upper deck.

All B748 aircraft use the GE GenX engines.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Thank's for the shots!

I like the trim setting why they didn't place in the 400, where the MD11 already had in the first place.

Edited by simbio

1 hour ago, simbio said:

Thank's for the shots!

I like the trim setting why they didn't place in the 400, where the MD11 already had in the first place.

Well besides being a different manufacturer.  The B744 was developed two years prior to the MD-11.

And while it is nice to see it on the screen, the Trim indicator on the 400 is not in a bad location.  It's a bit combersome in the simualtor to use, but in the aircraft it's easy to see.  Just look at your leg, only time you really need to reference it is when you set it for departure or when verifying it.

Edited by thibodba57

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Brian: Great to hear first-hand! Thanks for it.

Alex: The new shots (of the classic livery) are also excellent. Thanks!

Great pics! Wonder one thing: if it uses 787 engines, why doesn't boeing make a trent 1000 version, as it would maybe make BA and other 744RR operators change their minds about the -8 and it could be more attractive for them. Also I felt that @ TOGA the trent 1000 was much more powerful.

22 hours ago, LH340fan said:

Great pics! Wonder one thing: if it uses 787 engines, why doesn't boeing make a trent 1000 version, as it would maybe make BA and other 744RR operators change their minds about the -8 and it could be more attractive for them. Also I felt that @ TOGA the trent 1000 was much more powerful.

Both the 78 and the 748 utilize the GEnx engines. Granted different variants/thrust ratings.  You'll have to ask Boeing why they decided not to go with any RR engines. Could be any number of reasons.  The Trent has a 1" larger diameter.  Which might translate to more than an inch in the cowling.  That might not seem like much but the 748 is already close enough for pod strikes landing in crosswinds require a different technique in crosswinds than the 744.

beta.gif   

My Liveries