Sign in to follow this  
Phantom88

F-16C Block 50 "Viper"

As many of you know DCS is developing a Fighting Falcon block 50

Looks like The Viper is a high priority on DCS Aircraft Development list.......
from Wags.........

"While the F-4E is still planned, we have other modules in higher priority like the Hornet, Yak-52, Mi-24, F-16, and AH-1. Focus on the F-4E will come once we clear several of these projects.

So, I would not expect any F-4E news for quite some time."

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Amazing! If this F-16 is on the same level as their F/A-18, I'm really looking forward to it! 

Thanks for the heads-up.

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Meh, being flying the best F16 sim of all time, Falcon BMS, for years, nothing will top that.

• Like 1

spacer.png

DCS: F-16C Block 50 and Other News
sv0vnL0.png 
DCS: F-16C Update

As mentioned in our yearly wrap up, one of our biggest projects for this year is the legendary F-16C Fighting Falcon, also called the Viper. In parallel with the Hornet, we already have a sub-team working on the Viper that includes programmers who have completed their Hornet tasks. Much of their focus is currently on the flight model, Flight Control System (FLCS), cockpit and the external model. Using much of what we learned with the Hornet, progress has been good, and is in no way slowing down Hornet completion.

As we pour the concrete, we can start to pass along some of our plans. Please remember they are plans, not timeline promises.

Our Viper will be an F-16C with the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) upgrade. We feel this to be the most versatile version of the F-16 with capabilities for SEAD, precision attack, close air support, anti-ship, and of course air-to-air. We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

Core systems of our F-16C include:

• F-110-GE-129 turbofan engine
  • AN/APG-68(V)5 multi-mode radar
  • AN/ALR-56M Radar Warning Receiver
  • AN/ALQ-131/184 ECM pods
  • CCIP (Common Configuration Implementation Program) update
  • ALE-47 countermeasure system

This will be a massive project, so we will separate it into two phases: Phase 1 Early Access release and then Phase 2 Product Sustainment.

Phase 1 Early Access Release:

• Color Multifunction Display (CMFD) symbology, Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) format, and Head-up Display (HUD) symbology
  • Digitally TACAN and Electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator (EHSI)
  • BDU-33, BDU-50LD/HD, Mk-82LDGP, Mk-82AIR, Mk-84LDGP, BLU-109/B, CBU-87 CEM, and CBU-97 SFW unguided bombs
  • 2.75” rockets LAU-68 and LAU-131
  • Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)
  • AIM-9L/M/P/X Sidewinder
  • AIM-120B/C AMRAAM
  • M61A1 20mm cannon

Phase 2 Product Sustainment:

• Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS)
  • Link 16 Data Link
  • AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick
  • AGM-88C HARM
  • AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS)
  • Sniper XR Advanced Targeting Pod
  • GBU-10, GBU-12, GBU-24A/B laser-guided bombs
  • BRU-57/A Smart Rack
  • CBU-103 CEM and CBU-105 SFW Inertially Aided Munitions (IAM)
  • GBU-31/A, GBU-32, and GBU-38/B JDAM
  • AGM-154/A and /B JSOW
  • AGM-158/A JASSM
  • Integration of the JHMCS with the HARM Targeting System (HTS), Link 16, and AIFF
  • ALE-50 towed decoy

As this project accelerates, we will be providing updates to keep you abreast of our progress to this much awaited addition to DCS World.

• Like 1

Patrick

Thanks for the update! Amazing news! 

Any idea of when this will be surfacing? 🙂

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Lord i wish they would finish a module before starting more.  I really worry about the future of DCS, it seems the entire business model is predicated on selling more modules as quickly as possibly.  I do very much like the sim, but i wish they would focus more on the core engine and improvements to the 'game' aspect.  For me, even though (at the core) it's 20+ years old, Falcon 4 is more fun to spend time with.

...sigh...of course i'll buy the module though, some people (i.e. me) just don't learn!

• Like 1

Ian R Tyldesley

5 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Thanks for the update! Amazing news! 

Any idea of when this will be surfacing? 🙂

I would think it will take less time as the Hornet as many of the same systems will be modeled.

4 hours ago, WotanUK said:

Lord i wish they would finish a module before starting more.  I really worry about the future of DCS, it seems the entire business model is predicated on selling more modules as quickly as possibly.  I do very much like the sim, but i wish they would focus more on the core engine and improvements to the 'game' aspect.  For me, even though (at the core) it's 20+ years old, Falcon 4 is more fun to spend time with.

...sigh...of course i'll buy the module though, some people (i.e. me) just don't learn!

Hello Ian,I feel your pain...I really do

It was little over a year that DCS Totally revamped their game engine with the introduction of DCS World 2.5,This has brought Many,Many improvements to the core game engine including new terrain.lighting,explosions and weather conditions just to name a few.

IMHO  DCS has done a total 180 deg. turn  as far as sharing and providing game/module updates,news and videos In the last few yrs

The Hornet(which was released in early access in May of last year) has had updates to it's many systems on a weekly basis

I think DCS is developing modules as their own technology and weapons system knowledge becomes available,Personally I would hate to wait another 1-1/2 or 2 yrs till the Hornet was fully developed in order to enjoy it on my PC.

I'm actually having a blast flying and learning the aircraft as new systems and weapons come online.

• Like 1

Patrick

9 hours ago, WotanUK said:

I can certainly understand your 'frustration' (if that's the right word?).

Personally, I don't really mind this approach, as long as they don't abandon modules / addons half-way and never finish them.

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Of course i agree with you both, i just wish there was something to do with my perfectly simulated aircraft.  I bought the original KA-50 module from Russia before it was released in the west i have supported DCS since the very beginning, i have every module, yes even the terrible and now abandoned Hawk, i just wish Eagle would focus on implmenting things like better ATC or a Dynamic Campaign (my top priority) leave the Aircraft for the moment to other people; i would even pay for those type of addons just like the additional aircraft modules.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

I think it's perfectly fine what they are doing now. They release new features for the Hornet pretty much weekely. And even in Early Access The F18 gives me all the fun i can get. It's not the missing features which will make me truly enjoy the Hornet. Is it for you? Which feature which is missing you consider it mandatory for you to have fun with it?

For the F16 the best guess from them is that they hope to release it before 2019 ends.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

***Could be some trouble for DCS*** 
https://www.standard.net/news/milita...104ff5152.html 
"
OGDEN — A Russian is jailed in Weber County, charged with smuggling F-16 fighter manuals to Moscow and trying to obtain guides for other front-line Air Force jets.Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko is scheduled to go on trial Aug. 19 in U.S. District Court in Salt Lake City on charges of conspiring against the United States, smuggling and violating the Arms Export Control Act.
Tishchenko was arraigned and pleaded not guilty March 15.

He was charged in a sealed indictment June 15, 2016, but could not be arrested until this year after he traveled to Georgia and that nation agreed to extradite him. Russia does not have an extradition treaty with the United States."

Patrick

***DCS STATEMENT***

"

"Given the seriousness of this situation that Eagle Dynamics got pulled into, we will later issue a formal statement after discussion with legal counsel. Until then, nothing has changed with our future plans, and there is nothing more to say on this matter until we release an official statement."

Patrick

***STATEMENT***FROM***WAGS*** 
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...12&postcount=1"Lausanne, 14 May 2019.

The Eagle Dynamics group, headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, confirms that one of its employees has been jailed in the State of Utah (USA) on charges of seeking to procure, export and sell restricted US fighter jet manuals, in particular the F-16.

Eagle Dynamics confirms that it was not involved in any way in the actions of its employee who acted in a purely private context and for his own personal interests.

The Company develops all of its DCS aircraft game modules exclusively on the basis of publicly available information and has never used nor tried to obtain any classified information.

The Company launched an internal investigation into the actions of its employee, and found nothing in the company's records that relates to the facts that are being held against him. The investigation confirmed in particular that no company resources were used and that no export restricted documents were obtained or stored within the company's systems. Furthermore, the Company confirms that the employee was not involved in any of the work or research pertaining to the development of the Company's upcoming F-16 module.

The development of the F-16 and other modules currently in the pipeline will continue in order to further enhance the simulation experience of DCS World. These events will not affect Eagle Dynamics' commitment to its users and faithful community. 

Thank you,
Matt Wagner
Senior Producer, Eagle Dynamics SA"

Patrick

***FROM DCS FB PAGE***

60505426-10161905288065341-8968113269935

From Wags....

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe_goodoldrebel View Post
The texture on the left MFD seems like a placeholder but...trust me... i really want to be corrected! lol.gif

Nothing in the image is placeholder. All is operational and in the game. The images was taken on the PG map.

As mentioned earlier, our work on the Hornet has allowed us to much more rapidly develop the Viper. Work began only in October of last year.

More news tomorrow...

Edited by Phantom88

Patrick

Few more......

DCS-F-16-C-Cockpit-02.jpg

DCS-F-16-C-Cockpit-03.jpg

Patrick