Sign in to follow this  
henkaltena

P3D 4.2 and PMDG737NGX what's happening?

Hello to all

When I start up P3D v4.2 and load the PMDG 737-800NGX for P3Dv4.2 (panel state cold and dark), the following strange things happen:

1) Parking brakes are automatically switched on, and I can't switch them off.

2) As soon as I switch the battery switch on (overhead panel), I hear a warning sound.

3) When I program the FMC, and try to fill in a previously made flightplan (i.e. from EHAM to LSZH) as a  CORoute, I get the message: invalid entry. When I do the same in FSX, it works fine.

Can anyone help me?

Henk

3 hours ago, henkaltena said:

1) Parking brakes are automatically switched on, and I can't switch them off.

Your chocks are on. Please read the Intro Manual and/or tutorial.

2) As soon as I switch the battery switch on (overhead panel), I hear a warning sound.

Battery discharge warning. Turn on the GPU or APU. Please read the Intro or Tutorial.

3) When I program the FMC, and try to fill in a previously made flightplan (i.e. from EHAM to LSZH) as a  CORoute, I get the message: invalid entry. When I do the same in FSX, it works fine.

Without the specific message, I can't say anything for sure, there's no difference here in P3D versus FSX, so you're not doing something correctly.

This is a complex add-on. There's a lot to it. I get that there may be familiarity based on prior experience, but it's always best to look inwardly before looking elsewhere: "what am I doing differently or incorrectly?"

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

19 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Your chocks are on. Please read the Intro Manual and/or tutorial.

Battery discharge warning. Turn on the GPU or APU. Please read the Intro or Tutorial.

Without the specific message, I can't say anything for sure, there's no difference here in P3D versus FSX, so you're not doing something correctly.

This is a complex add-on. There's a lot to it. I get that there may be familiarity based on prior experience, but it's always best to look inwardly before looking elsewhere: "what am I doing differently or incorrectly?"

Kyle

Thanks for the answers.Did not read the manuals, (sorry for that) because I fly the 737NGX for a long time, and started then with flying the tutorials (FSX).

The parking brake issue is solved (I should have known that!)

The warning does not diappear, when I switch on the APU

In the tutorials, the FMC is programmed, no company route is used. I always make mine with Flightsim Commander 9 (which is only developed for FSX). Those plans have the extension ---.pln. I noticed that the used flightplans in PMDG have the extension ---.rte. Is there a way to make such flightplans outside of the 737NGX?

Thanks again.

henk altena

12 minutes ago, henkaltena said:

Kyle

Thanks for the answers.Did not read the manuals, (sorry for that) because I fly the 737NGX for a long time, and started then with flying the tutorials (FSX).

The parking brake issue is solved (I should have known that!)

The warning does not diappear, when I switch on the APU

In the tutorials, the FMC is programmed, no company route is used. I always make mine with Flightsim Commander 9 (which is only developed for FSX). Those plans have the extension ---.pln. I noticed that the used flightplans in PMDG have the extension ---.rte. Is there a way to make such flightplans outside of the 737NGX?

Thanks again.

henk altena

Henk,

After starting APU or connecting GPU you need to transfer the load to the buses from the battery. If you just connect either GPU or start APU and do not transfer the load you are at the same postions.

.RTE Flightpans, depends on the program you use, PFPX or simbrief for example can export in .rte formats. you need to check with the developer of Flight sim commander if they export in .rte format.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hello

Thanks for all help.

In the meantime, the warning after switching on the battery is also solved. Reason was that the throttle was at full power. Pressing F1 or moving the throttle slider did a reset of the throttle and now it is fixed.

The flightplans from the 737NGX indeed have the extension xxx.rte. Despite the fact that Flightsim Commander does not support p3d, I can use the program for making flightplans, and after saving for PMDG,the flightplan is in the PMDG directory in FSX. From there, I copy the plan to the PMDG directory in P3d.

Thanks again for all help.

Many happy landings

Henk

Than the sound was the T/O warning system. Get familiar with it, if you hear that than something very vital ist not set for a proper take-off (Flaps etc.)!

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

On 7/16/2018 at 9:07 AM, henkaltena said:

Despite the fact that Flightsim Commander does not support p3d, I can use the program for making flightplans, and after saving for PMDG,the flightplan is in the PMDG directory in FSX. From there, I copy the plan to the PMDG directory in P3d.

I haven‘t used FSC for ages but if I remember correctly you can change the export path for the PMDG routes in the settings. I think I did that with P3Dv2. 

Hello Marc,

You are right. Thanks. After having copied all the 737NGX routes from my old PMDG flightplans (FSX), I can now use my company-routes again in P3D.

Thanks for all help.

Henk