Sign in to follow this  
jozeff

Any new development concerning dodosim p3dv4?

Hi Stuart, that panel looks very nice , I do a lot of helo flying (SIM), long time ago I got my Hovercontrol Certified Helicopter Pilot (on the DODO) and have a cyclic, collective and pedals modeled after the Bell 206 ( from the Bell plans)  using the Leo Bodnar chips, I am interested in the gauges you have there ..what are they??  I use Spad.Next for all my controls.

Also awaiting  for the return of the DODO , that I am sure will be the greatest helo in any SIM..!!!

Jorge

Mark and Simon, you have all my encouragements for the next Dodosim for P3D!

- TONY -

Hi Mark and Simon , could you give us an update on what we could expect without a time schedule?? would be nice to know you are still thinking of reviving the DODO for all of us !!!  I am sure there is a big silent majority looking at this forum and your website for signs of action...

regards  Jorge

• Like 1

Well........................

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

mmmm....was that "  well..." ... a call to arms or a disparaging comment???.

I take it as a call to arms , expecting some numbers to encourage the DODO team...!!!

I was thinking... would it not be fantastic if the revival of the DODO was pre announced in a dedicated AVSIM DODO Forum and coincided with Prepar3d V5??

Jorge

A dedicated AVSIM DODO Forum would do for me.

No need to correlate with P3Dv5 IMHO 😉

- TONY -

Fantastic news.

206 simpit is ready and waiting.

sim01.JPG

It's taken 5 years to get this far, but it sure beats watching TV.

David

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all the encouraging and very kind words.

I’ll try to answer individual questions/comments later, I’ll check with admin here to make sure I’m OK to post work-in-progress shots.

To let you you know what we are up to since I posted.

We took on a new commercial project that isn’t a 206, unfortunately the project lead and our good friend lost his life so we have had a difficult few weeks and extra work we hadn’t allowed for.

That project is moving forward and has already forced us to generate a new feature that will be going into the P3d 206 Pro lite and judging by the cockpit pictures above, at leat one simmer is going to be very happy to see it (hint, hint).

Got to run, but I’ll post some more first chance I get.

• Like 5

Very hard to offer support in such a difficult time , but here we are....

Great to see you are now in AVSIM as a Commercial Member , indicates to all of us that the DODO light has started to shine again!!!

great news..

Jorge

• Like 1

Some random notes on things that have been done in the P3d 206, it is very different from the old one.

We we had a lot of requests for an autopilot so Simon created our own (separate from the P3d AP, ours is combined SAS and autopliot)

Military customers required accurate behaviour for engine failure in the hover at zero airspeed. Hugely difficult in P3d  but we got there and is now standard in our core code (at 6 ft you need to decide really quickly if it is engine or tail rotor failure and act accordingly).

Too many physics and systems additions to list here.

Rotor and engine overspeeds - pilot has to manage rotor rpm with the collective in powered and unpowered descents and aggressive manoeuvres. Auto rotations are as much fun/scary as they should be

More contact breakers work in the roof panel and the radios have features that aren’t in P3d by default.

Compatible with Flight1 GTN 750/650 but I haven’t put it into the model yet (works great on a 10 inch touchscreen). 

2d gauges intended to be displayed through a bezel sat on a screen (making it easier to switch to another aircraft). 

It is hard not to sound like a brochure so I’ll finish there.

I don’t know how long it is going to take to complete, we are only just starting wider beta testing.

I don’t have any recent pics - but this was taken from a VR build we showed on Oculus and Flyinside at the UK Heli Expo. 

The textures weren’t quite finished but it shows all the gauges and needles are 3d models with no 2d displays.

diary206_27.jpg

• Like 4

A legitimate real hope for a worthy heli for P3D. Surely, if this makes it into P3D, it won't be taken for granted.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Great news Mark...

In the two cockpits shown in this post I noticed that neither has an annunciator Panel, I remember askin Simon for the LVARS for it and then he offered me a list , I have also made an annunciator Panel in my 3D printer with all the lenses and labels made in plastic paper and stuck to them ...looks nice ... I am now waiting to see how it will be implemented .

Jorge

PS >It was not a list was an entry in the Dodosim 206 FSX_debug.cfg file..

Edited by aeronauta

Hi Jorge

There are some very nice cockpits being built.

The new version is built with cockpit builders in mind. There is a menu with options for things like:

“Does your controller a simple joystick,..full replica with detent lock?” and walks you through moving the throttle to its critical 6% detent position and we calibrate to that.

That way if your physical throttle lock isn’t placed quite perfectly at 6% of sensor’s travel it gets corrected and you won’t hot start and blow your turbine.

Personally, for the main panel I prefer to have a bezel over a screen with the dials showing from behind. Partly because of reliability and simplicity but mainly because we have another single turbine in the pipeline and maybe a glass cockpit heavy, so swopping between them would just be a case of changing the bezel over. 

But, yes, the Lvars are available to anybody who wants to make a hardware  annunciation panel and a few manufacturers have also requested them.

It's really good to see you here Dodosim.

Any news from having a dedicated Dodosim forum, here on AVSIM?

- TONY -