Sign in to follow this  
jozeff

Any new development concerning dodosim p3dv4?

Thank you Simicro.

I think that depends on what happens with our vendor arrangements.

We are thinking of handing the sales aspect over to a vendor so that we can concentrate on creating stuff. Having to have a support forum there might conflict with the commercial forum rules here.

that and our outdated web site are on the list to sort out but it’s a bit of a hectic time right now.

Sure I understand. Handing the sales aspect over to a vendor is wise to free time for you and allow you to concentrate on tasks of most added value.

Now I believe that the vendor can only handle "simple" support requests like downloads, serials... for example by email.

You would still have to intervene for more complex support requests. Also you would need to communicate with the community. So a forum would be required.

Anyway, whatever happens, please update us from time to time and keep the link with the community through this thread.

I need only one (but excellent) helicopter in P3D and it has to be the Dodosim of course. I'm sure many community members think the same.

- TONY -

Simon is locked in the basement at Dodo Mansions doing his black magic on a certified trainer but I’ve had a chance to do some damage on the 206.

I’ve started on adding the SAS/autopilot controls to the VC. The 2 axis SAS was done for another aircraft but it makes the aircraft much more stable and easy to fly.

I have written some of the VC animation/inputs for the extra systems code that Simon has created beyond normal P3d variables - but there are a lot and I’m nowhere near finished.

This is our default panel layout and probably the image that people have referred to earlier in the thread (it has moved on but the layout is the same except autopilot added to top of radio stack).  

For cockpit builders - it should give you an idea of what is available to drive gauges or to cut your panel bezel.

For VC or VR users - it is designed for FPS over eye-candy. I get 90 to 110 FPS with photo scenery on my test rig. Slightly better than default aircraft and I’ll try to keep it that way - but there is still some complexity to add and only basic textures.

diary206_32.jpg

• Like 4

Oh, the nav/gps switch has moved since this pic and it’s a compressed JPG so it’s a bit fuzzy.

Great!

Thank you for the pic and all your efforts!

It seems that there is a Russian instrument in the panel 😉

- TONY -

😋   AI is operating in Australian mode.

I’m working up the detail in the VC textures right now. This always highlights any inaccuracy or ommisions in the 3d model so there is a bit of tweaking that accompanies that.

Simon has been moving things on including finessing the autopilots for this and a couple of other projects in P3d v3 and v4. Some of our flight school customers have been testing and giving excellent info on the quirks and subtleties so we can get it to feel right rather than just carry out the functions.

Unfortunately he suffered one of those horrible P3d crashes on closing where the program refuses to open from that point on so - that has been a bit of a nightmare.

• Like 2

I remember that in the days of FSX, there were a lot fans of the Dodosim Bell.

And of course we are really missing a good helicopter in P3D.

So if you were a fan of Dodosim in the FSX days, maybe you can drop a short note to encourage the developers?

They would surely appreciate.

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

Keenly awaiting - theres' sim  downunder still merrily flying on 32 bit P3d until the Dodo gets it's new wings 🙂

On 6/29/2019 at 10:51 AM, Dodosim said:

😋   AI is operating in Australian mode.

I’m working up the detail in the VC textures right now. This always highlights any inaccuracy or ommisions in the 3d model so there is a bit of tweaking that accompanies that.

Simon has been moving things on including finessing the autopilots for this and a couple of other projects in P3d v3 and v4. Some of our flight school customers have been testing and giving excellent info on the quirks and subtleties so we can get it to feel right rather than just carry out the functions.

Unfortunately he suffered one of those horrible P3d crashes on closing where the program refuses to open from that point on so - that has been a bit of a nightmare.

Forgive me if this is a feature in the coming version. When piloting a heli in P3D is the constant pressure you have to apply to the stick.

In DCS the Huey had a simple but sim changing option. You set the stick to give the flight you want and then press an Auto trim button. What this did was it kept the stick like you let go of it. A Heli stick IRL does not self center this option is fantastic because to have constant pressure on a Warthog is not fun or realist, the auto-trim changers everything. You make changes when needed and hit the auto trim. I hope you will think about this option, please. Basically, it makes the sim work like you don't have a self centering stick.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Forgive me if this is a feature in the coming version. When piloting a heli in P3D is the constant pressure you have to apply to the stick.

In DCS the Huey had a simple but sim changing option. You set the stick to give the flight you want and then press an Auto trim button. ...Basically, it makes the sim work like you don't have a self centering stick.

Hi Nyxx

Already done 🙂

We had this back in the FSX version. The latest version goes several steps further.

In the old FSX version it worked as a straightforward force trim that you will recognise from DCS. Press to disconnect the linkage, move the stick to desired position and release to establish new “centre” in the way a Huey or Astar etc does . The real 206 doesn’t have this feature but we thought it was worth including for sprung stick users.

For the new P3d version this is now linked into a 2 axis Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System - so if you choose to have autopilot in your aircraft and then activate any of the autopilot’s modes the switch changes it’s funtion to setting target attitude for the autopilot.

Turn the autopilot off and the switch reverts to standard force trim.

The autopilot has “fly through” override and is currently optional, but the number of options is getting a bit ridiculous for file sizes so we might review that.

Some of our commercial products have an additional fine trim beeper too, which may get included. Anybody that has flown the Huey style force trim will know it is a bit coarse (my first use of real world force trim was a definately a bit lurchy but you soon get used to anticipating it and smoothing things out).

...and a big thanks for the support guys 🙂

Edited by Dodosim
  • Like 4

Thank you, look forward to it.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 hours ago, Dodosim said:

Hi Nyxx

Already done 🙂

We had this back in the FSX version. The latest version goes several steps further.

""The autopilot has “fly through” override and is currently optional, but the number of options is getting a bit ridiculous for file sizes so we might review that."

So you are talking about moving control stick so many degrees, and auto pilot is overidden? Cool! Real world tech.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Yes.

You need a centering stick to use that as it works on deflection - but with the force trim a centering stick is no longer the pain it normally would be.

It works like a real world 2 axis autopilot with SAS, ILS descent, intercepts etc. and depending on the mode(s) selected adjustments are made using the collective.

The control head has 6 mode selection buttons.

It is a bit tricky catering for all the possible hardware configurations out there compared to installing in a commercial setting with known hardware but we are trying to make it as flexible as possible.

Non-pilots are going to have a bit of a steep learning curve with the systems if they make use of them, and maybe with not over-speeding the rotors, but turning the SAS on makes it easy to fly.

• Like 1

This all sounds "delicious". Hope you can dial all that in!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

If all the LVAR'S are there , I can map it in my pit...!!!

bring them on!!

great work fellows , looking forward to it...

Jorge