Sign in to follow this  
jozeff

Any new development concerning dodosim p3dv4?

looking forward to this.  have waited a loooooooooooong time for the dodo for P3D. 😉

Capt. Robert Rixx

Hey all!

Mark thanks for the updates re the autopilot/SAS system and the buttons. What if any indicator lights or display will the SAS have? I remember asking Simon about the mode options back on HC but with its demise I've forgotten. Any chance of a sneak peak at the SAS head? 

The Genesys HeliSAS uses the following buttons: SAS, HDG, NAV, (SPD or BC), ALT and VRT. I recall Simon said one would be different. Could you remind me what the dodoSAS will have?

I'll be cutting all the amber segments for my new warning panel so slow steady progress being made here. With any look there will be a new dodo to fly it when its done!

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

Stuart

Mark et al.. haven't had any news for sometime now, how is it all going?? any news would be very much appreciated....

Have refurbished my Dodo controls for the event!!!

Jorge

Hi!, just a hello and expecting a reply to say all is good and progressing!!!!

Jorge

PS 5000+ views has to be encouraging!!!

Can't wait to see this in P3DV4...check the thread most days for an update...keep up the good work Dodosim!

Guys, we are in the middle of the summer/holidays time 😉

I'm sure that sometimes in september Mark will come here and update us.

- TONY -

On 7/26/2019 at 6:53 AM, Rogue Trooper said:

Hey all!

Mark thanks for the updates re the autopilot/SAS system and the buttons. What if any indicator lights or display will the SAS have?... The Genesys HeliSAS uses the following buttons: SAS, HDG, NAV, (SPD or BC), ALT and VRT...

You are on the right lines Stuart, No “Back Course” on the unit we’ve modelled. We haven’t locked all aircraft features yet so things are subject to change and I don’t want to give you incorrect information.

We have successfully tested the unit with Flight1 Garmins and one of our commercial customers is interfacing it with a real GPS (non-Garmin). We will be installing a an AP equipped aircraft for a U.K. flight school this weekend.

It is world helicopter day on Sunday so if you are visiting a local helicopter operator - keep your eyes open and maybe say hello.

Things have been hectic with on-site installs and preparing 2 aircraft types for certification, one of which is a P3d V4 206. Something has thrown the climb rate out which we have to fix. Completion men’s that next week we will be free to shake down specific home-user components. Lots of little things like a gauge isn’t switching between metric/imperial/mixed readout

Thank you Mark, great news , unfortunately I am in Australia so no visit for me , although I would like very much to meet you guys!!.

Good luck (professionals do not need much) with the certification and looking forward as always to the Magnificent DODO!!!

Keep us informed as possible..thank you

Jorge

Will the new 206 also be released for FSX?

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

Mark and Simon,

A little update please?

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

at this point, Maybe we should wish for something for MSFS 2020 as far as the 206😯

Capt. Robert Rixx

Started waiting for this update which was "just around the corner", years ago. Finally gave up. Nothing new. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hi everyone! I know the waiting can be frustrating but I think we should bare in mind that the Dodo is a passion project and I imagine it's not a real money spinner. The developers have already given us the most realistic helicopter flight model in the original Dodosim 206 advanced for FS2004 and the much improved FSX dodo with its subsequent service pack 2. They aren't a major software house churning out titles that simply look good or have a vague resemblance to the functions or behaviors of a real world aircraft. They are in fact taking a stock simulator environment that (to all our disappointment) doesn't really model flight dynamics for helicopters in any accurate way and then design ways to fool the base simulator to inject more realistic functionality. If you've being following the MS Flight Sim 2020 news then you also know that at least initially Microsoft with all their cash won't be including helicopters in their initial release. Why? Because it's really really hard to do it right!

Mark and Simon build really accurate sims for commercial and military customers. I think we as a recreational flight sim community have been really lucky to have such passionate people willing to integrate many of those features into a package that we can share in and experience for ourselves for next to nothing. Re reading the updates on the project what is clear is the attention to detail and a reluctance to simply put something out that they themselves are not fully happy with.

Practicing emergency procedures and learning the ins and out of your aircraft for me was a large part of the fun of flying and always gave me the confidence to complete a flight "ready for anything to go wrong". If our simulators can more accurately model that, then they become a far more usable tool that while your not logging hours you will ultimately decrease the time wasted in the cockpit and build confidence should an actual emergency arise. Planning that something will go wrong is very helpful, but being able to practice multiple emergency scenarios without foreknowledge is going to build critical thinking and take some of the fear away when dealing with an actual emergency. Even if you never fly a real aircraft the technical challenge and sense of achievement mastering and more importantly staying proficient at a set of skills has so many cross-overs to all aspects of life. If all you really wanted to do was "Sight see" within a simulated environment you probably wouldn't have chosen helicopters and even if you did it's unlikely you would have sought the Dodo out. The greater level of realism only serves to increase the challenge and indeed the joy of mastering these skills.  That's what the Dodo represents to me. So, I'd like to wish them well with the further developments' and hope someday soon we will have simply the best, most accurate add on helicopter available for P3DV4.* that will become the new gold standard for helicopter simulators to emulate.

Cheers,

Stuart😀

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 2

Hi all!

Happy New Year to everyone from New Zealand!

Mark and Simon I hope you have both had (or continue to have!) a good break and you are eager to push on and make 2020 the year of the Dodo!

It would be wonderful if you could share any new updates.

Thanks for keeping the dream alive 🐵

Stuart 🙂