Sign in to follow this  
jozeff

Any new development concerning dodosim p3dv4?

Just a little / not so little request. I know I'm getting ahead of myself and perhaps a bit greedy 😉 given the long list of options Simon has already announced for the hardware sim builders plus at this stage I'd settle for a new dodo with little or no options right now but, is there any chance of including an option for the lightweight pop out floats kit? I know it would seriously mess with the dynamics as the flight profile would change during and once deployed. Even if not fully functional it would be a good procedural practice tool. Avionics addons would be a FLOAT circuit breaker, overhead or collective head guarded FLOAT ARM, FLOAT INFLATE switch (on small collective head) with huey starter switch (same part number) in box under the head, or in recessed slot on the larger rectangular head which I have made for my sim pictured below, panel mounted momentary switch FLOAT TEST /NORMAL seen in the second photo and two warning panel lights -Red segment -FLOATS ARMED and Yellow segment - FLOAT TEST seen in the last photo during an LED test.

Thanks,

Stuart

iM3fTN.jpg1fzc4s.jpg

I haven't finished the new illuminated panels for the overhead and hydraulics so the one picture was a 3d printed test piece. The new ones are acrylic.

QrYpDM.jpg

I forgot to include a circuit breaker for the remote Garmin audio panel so I'll probably use the Hoist slot or the empty Floats switch slot.

QnY2AE.jpg

I know the quality of this photo is poor but you can see all the segments. I also added two AUX battery lights and an engine relight which is just for procedural checks and I'll probably put a US tag on its panel switch

Edited by Rogue Trooper
Omitted details

I'm hoping for a Dodosim for MSFS now since it's been so long.  would be the best candidate as far as realism. 

Capt. Robert Rixx

I've been hoping for a new Dodosim helicopter for so long that I finally realized why it's named after a dodo.

• Like 3

Dont hold your breath,

I started this topic 2 years ago and dodo website looks exactly the same...

I jumped completely to xplane11 and dcs for helicopter flying although I love the way p3dv5 looks with orbx, active sky, Rex etc. I'd love to see a great helicopter in there. The helis in p3d fly rediculously stable and are no fun at all.

Edited by jozeff

Bump

I was looking for a thread on the Dodosim/Hovercontrol forum but it has gone.
Is there a chance that it might re-appear as Mark suggested?
I remember a fantastic unbelievably realistic Jet Ranger project and wanted to review it.
Any news?

Kev

AFAIK Dodosim all started with the entertainment market (FS2004, FSX). But since they succeeded on the professional market, the entertainment users were simply forgotten. That's really sad.

- TONY -

My hope for a Dodosim for P3D has nearly vanished 😞

• Upvote 1

- TONY -

2 hours ago, Simicro said:

My hope for a Dodosim for P3D has nearly vanished 😞

I'm guessing the company name sort of gives it away really.....

Cheers

Steve Hall

I haven't given up all hope! I wouldn't classify myself as an eternal optimist but, I struggle to see why they would put so much time and effort into it only to walk away from it. I really hope it flies again.

Maybe not in P3D but hopefully in MSFS next year. When MS started their PR campaign for MSFS that roughly coincided with Dodosim going quiet.

I can only hope that they decided to change tack and move toward an MSFS release. Who knows, maybe Mark and Simon are already under an NDA and partnered with Osobo/MS to help develop inherit Heli flight dynamics into the new sim with a dodo 206 and potentially other dodo choppers finding a home there. In my mind that makes sense as they are recognized experts at producing a functional and responsive heli-sim flight model with accurate dynamics within an MS environment.

I can dream!!

Cheers,

Stuart 🐵

• Like 1

@Rogue Trooper

I'm not sure it's related to MSFS.

My assumption is that the developers have been quite busy (for quite a while now) with professional contracts, neglecting/abandoning the home/leisure market. On the one hand, I can understand that, since the professsional market must be more profitable. On the other hand, it's a shame since Dodosim started with the home market.

Oh well, I will continue to fly choppers in DCS...

- TONY -

22 hours ago, cowpatz said:

I'm guessing the company name sort of gives it away really.....

Haha, you made my evening.!