jozeff

Any new development concerning dodosim p3dv4?

Dear all,

Have been flying lots of helicopters in DCS and Xplane and they are awesome. I love native VR in p3dv4 but I miss a really good heli. HTR and mpdesign and cabri g2 are ok but I miss the dodosim 206. It was pretty amazing. Any chance it will be patched to V4? Is anybody working on a 64 bit version?

Thanks in advance

Jozeff

• Upvote 2

I really hope the Dodosim B206 will be coming to P3Dv4 too. It was the only realistic helicopter for the P3D platform. Absolutely brilliant. Have had hundreds of hours in it over the years. First in FSX and then up to version 3 of P3D. In P3Dv3 it was starting to really show its age, especially on the interior. But it was so stunning to fly so I really didn't care.

• Upvote 2

By the way, after checking the dodosim forums the development is actually still ongoing. With a lot more features in the new version. See more here: http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=2ed96ed293a16d84c2324903e117d459;act=ST;f=46;t=22770;st=0

Seems like it's getting close. With a ton of new features, and of course a brand new hi def 3D cockpit and exterior. Looks very promising based on the latest pictures of the avionics.

Edited by JanReidar
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JanReidar said:

By the way, after checking the dodosim forums the development is actually still ongoing. With a lot more features in the new version. See more here: http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=2ed96ed293a16d84c2324903e117d459;act=ST;f=46;t=22770;st=0

Seems like it's getting close. With a ton of new features, and of course a brand new hi def 3D cockpit and exterior. Looks very promising based on the latest pictures of the avionics.

They have been talking about it for many years. So far, nothing. 

Compared to how the changes were being made a year ago, current status of work is looking very promising for release this year (hopefully , of course), I seriously think it might happen.

Tnx! Clicked on the link but all info is 5 years old.... What makes you think it's getting close?

Grtz

Jozeff

1 hour ago, jozeff said:

Tnx! Clicked on the link but all info is 5 years old.... What makes you think it's getting close?

Grtz

Jozeff

Goto the last page and work back.

8 hours ago, jozeff said:

Grtz

Jozeff

Go to the last pages. Last posts are from july this year.

Since hovercontrol is no more, is there any other sites I can follow the progress for the Dodoosim 206HD for P3D v4?

Hello all

I’m Mark Adams from Dodosim with an update -

We were very sad to see Hovercontrol end. It was a great community and instrumental in both Simon and myself getting involved in flight dimming as a hobby and later as developers. We are currently looking for a new home for our support forum.

If any of our supporters and friends from Hovercontrol want to make themselves known by personal message or whatever it would be great to hear from them.

We have been extremely busy with commercial projects and all my hardware got taken out of commission in a disaster at Dodosim mansions.

The good news is that we are back working on the home user 206 for Prepar3d V4.

I need to check the moderators and forum rules here about what I can and can’t post about commercial projects as a developer.

What we have been up to:

The commercial version of the 206 is now in a number of aviation authority certified training simulators and commercial trainers. Another different aircraft is starting the CAA approval process plus we developed an aircraft that went into use with military rotary flight training.

206 home user version:

The physics and systems are pretty much done as they are based on the commercial product. Home users have different demands and we are working through those - such as a high def model (not yet finished). This morning I’ve been working on what I think is the last 2d gauge (whisky compass) but I think I need to go back to some detail touches on a few.

It is a completely different product to our 206 FSX and does more of those “impossible to do in the sim” than the original did.

I need to check the forum rules first, but if it is permissible I will supply more info on progress and features in another post.

• Like 16

THANK YOU for these great news, dear Mark from Dodosim :biggrin:

All the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dodosim said:

We are currently looking for a new home for our support forum.

AVSIM provides free space for support forums.  Developers are allowed to moderate and advertise within their own support forum as long as it remains "official".  So you could pin a link to all of your products and provide a description of each.  In the regular forums, this is not allowed.  Official means it is your main support forum for your products and you do not have a support forum on your own site or other sites.  When that happens it turns into free advertising for your products.  All I would need via PM would be the name of the forum, description, and names of individuals you want to moderate your forums.  I would also like a logo to place next to your forum.

If you are a commercial member, I need to know that so I can change your status from New Member to Commercial Member. 

I hope you and your fellow developers will consider AVSIM as the spot for your official support forums.

Jim

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dodosim said:

The good news is that we are back working on the home user 206 for Prepar3d V4.

Best news I've heard in months, welcome back.

• Like 1

This is the best news I have heard for a long time ...

Welcome back to FS Mark ( Bluebottle) and Si!!!

Long live the DODO!!!!

Jorge

ps: I did my HC Heli Certified Pilot in the DODO !! many years ago!!)

I thought that Dodosim was dead and gone. Just like RealAir, it's rising from the ashes. PhoenixSim might be a better name.

Fantastic news, great to hear from you guys!

Best flight sim news I've heard in ages. 🙂

Great stuff!

Just installed fsx again especially for the dodo! I have all the other Sims and add-ons you can imagine but I love the good old 206 and the great features and lovely manual.

Let's hope for the best!!

Jozeff

For a piece of good news, it's good news! 😍
Can't wait to own this master in 64 bits for my 206's cockpit simulator... 🕹️🚁  Thanks, mates! :wub: