Sign in to follow this  
Guest RocketRod

Texture Problems within MSFS

Guest kokosbolle

Something just happend to ALL my textures, they are like flickering randomly anywhere in my world, and its extremely annoying! I have 100 of addons installed and it would be terrible to reinstall :'(Please help me : |

Guest iholrf

Sounds like your vid card is overheating. Check the fan. Overheating of the GPU will result in texture flashing. If the fan is working fine, then you might try slowing the GPU clock down (use ATI Tool for ATI Cards for fine tuning, or Coolbits for Nvidia to reveal the clock sliders in the native driver.EDIT: Here is a link:http://www.ascendant-online.net/en/downloads/os.php#videoThink of your comp as an air cooled engine.In the summer, engines run much hotter and its not always because the ambient temperature is higher, but the relative humidity is as well. Humidity *will* hinder efficient air cooling (enthalpy raises - it takes longer and requires more energy to transfer heat to humid air than dry - 1.84 kJ/kg.C for humid air and 1 kJ/kg.C for dry air - check the Laws of Thermodynamics).If the air is humid but it is still passing over the fins at the same rate, the engine must run hotter in order to raise the temperature of the humid air by 1 degree. As we're more concerned with cooling than heating, we need to look at it from the bottom side: the humid air does not draw as much heat from the engine because its not around long enough to remove the same amount of heat as dry air under exactly the same conditions, and thus the engine (CPU/GPU) will run hotter.CheersShad

Guest kokosbolle

Thanks for the replay :)But i dont think that is the problem, i problaly did'nt explain it to good either. It's not flashing actualy, it's kind'a noisy, when i move the camera fast around in spot plane wiew it's at its worst.

Guest kokosbolle

No one ? :|

Guest cadaha

Try lowering mip map setting to 4 - 5Carl

Guest kokosbolle

Still got the problem :'(

Guest cadaha

Screenie may help us to see what the problem is mate. :)Carl

As a gauge and panel developer, I noticed this problem when there was an error in my code. Sometimes a faulty code accesses to a restricted memory space, and it causes strange effects in FS, such as the one you describe here.Consequently, I suggest that you remove all the add-on modules, such as FSUIPC, Active Camera, or others, and test again with a FS standard aircraft, such as the Cessna.Note: to remove the add-on modules, you don't need to physically remove the files. Stop FS, rename the .dll files as .bak files, and restart FS.Hope this helps...Eric

Guest RocketRod

You might try setting your TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=?? back to 19. It's in your FS9.cfg Worked for me.Rodney