Sign in to follow this  
Delta111

PMDG 737 Not saving properly in FSX:SE

I have read that numerous others have had the same problem I have been facing...After programing the FMC, I save the flight...I continue on  with no problems except my own flight errors...I leve it in frustration, come back re-load the plane sits on 8R in Gatwick all dark and nothing works, but the engines are sounding.....I touch nothing until it initializes...

I have tried some of the remedies and they do work, sometimes...

My question is...Does does P3V4 have this problem..??  Since I have P3V4, will purchasing the same 737NGX for that flight sim actually worth it, or just forget the 737 and learn the 777 or 747 on P3V4...?? Any discounts for having the same aircraft for both sims...?? (737)...  Once I have a better understanding of the workings of the FMC on the 777/747 or more like the Autopilot, then come back to the 737 on FSX..?

7 minutes ago, BarryR said:

I have read that numerous others have had the same problem I have been facing...After programing the FMC, I save the flight...I continue on  with no problems except my own flight errors...I leve it in frustration, come back re-load the plane sits on 8R in Gatwick all dark and nothing works, but the engines are sounding.....I touch nothing until it initializes...

I have tried some of the remedies and they do work, sometimes...

Two documents will remove all of your frustration:

1. The Intro Manual - it explains that you should not re-load the aircraft in the same sim session (close the sim first, and then load the flight file); and
  2. The Tutorials - they explain how to fly the plane without you having to try over, and over again on your own

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

1. Yes that is what I do...Close it down, start again....

2. I am using the tutorial, word for word and still have problems...Not casting blame, just stating a fact...Obviously I am not doing something right, as I fly into the sunset, passengers oblivious to where I headed...

So ..Does does P3V4 have this problem..?? or can it reload/restart without closing down the sim...?

Barry Ronald

I have never had a problem with loading a previously saved scenario and having it work in any version of P3D.  I do it most sessions where the aircraft is either at the gate or at a point in the mission such as before takeoff or before TOD.  Always works.  However, you will have problems if you don't have any default aircraft, such as the F22 (I use the BE58), set as the default aircraft.  When you open P3D it should open to the Select Scenario screen and a default aircraft should be in the little window. You could also have problem if you are not running as admin.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

5 hours ago, downscc said:

I have never had a problem with loading a previously saved scenario and having it work in any version of P3D.  I do it most sessions where the aircraft is either at the gate or at a point in the mission such as before takeoff or before TOD.  Always works.  However, you will have problems if you don't have any default aircraft, such as the F22 (I use the BE58), set as the default aircraft.  When you open P3D it should open to the Select Scenario screen and a default aircraft should be in the little window. You could also have problem if you are not running as admin.

Thanks much for the response....I wanted the 777 or 747 PMDG  for P3V4 but was on the fence if it had the same problem...Thanks for the push....of course my FMC programing is obviously a whole other issue !!!! or should a say the AP....!!  but thanks, Ill get thru it....eventually...