Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

AK ..... When I last ran the program and went through the Assemble Vector Data - Triangulate 3D Mesh - Draw Water Masks - Build Imagery/DSF one step at a time I ended up with what I think was scenery for X-plane (See my looonnng post above).  I never tried "All in One"

To develop the scenery for P3D (as shown in the video tutorial) we have to Batch Build by clicking on the Globe Icon - selecting the area we want to create scenery for - Then, in the left panel select Assemble... -  select Triangulate ... - select Draw water .... - select Build Imagery ...... - select Build for ESP ..... Then click on the Batch Build button.

In the video the program works then  its magic BUT I cannot get the Batch Build button to work.

For kjjj : I have redownloaded the prog form GIT but the  issue persists.  Could there be an error in the most recent  /src/04_GUI_Utils.py (This coming from someone who has absolutely no competency in Python!!!!!!!)

Just curious. While the program was compiling the BGLs, the INF stated "CompressionQuality=100" Is there any way that we can edit the compression quality? Although 100 is lossless compression, it produces quite large files. I typically like to use a value of 85 as it's a fairly reasonable file size to quality trade-off. Also, while I'm thinking about it, would there be a way to tell the program to group multiple images together in the INF instead of generating one BGL from one BMP and it's accompanying Mask? Too many BGLs in an area can lead to stuttering.

I appreciate the work that has been done to bring this program to us users using P3D.

-Chris

Chris (@Rotornut44)
Owner / Lead Developer at Emerald Scenery Design.

Another day and still no solution found. Deleted installation. Re-downloaded from GIT using the  OP link. Reinstalled. Confirmed that Python 3.5 installed and working. Ditto for PIP. Made sure that GDAL, Numpy, Pillow, pyproj, Rtree and Shapely had been installed through PIP. Made sure that sharing and permissions would not interfere with any writes. Turned off Firewall and Antivirus.

After all this ( and following the video tutorial steps) the program runs and seems to function properly right  up until I hit the Batch Build button - At this point the program windows just sit there looking back at me as if to say, " We have you beaten" !!!.No error messages.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Aussibob

Man this is amazing!!!!

I was suffering with the ugly clouds and my poor learning curve from p3d to xp and was dreaming for a tool like this for merging one of the best thing I think XP have overhauled p3d.

Thank you very very much and my best regards for your tool.

Gumerson

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 4:15 AM, 09tir98 said:

The resample step is what took so long. That step took 2 hours.

On 7/17/2018 at 5:37 AM, AKStirling said:

I ran creation of a single BI17 tile yesterday using exe version and shut the process down eventually as still in progress after 7 hours ... also noted a high overhead in storage space required.... 61 GB ..... surely something must be amiss???

PS ... run a reasonably fast PC .... will check out the video, see if anything jumps out at me ....

Yup, high zl takes a while :). I’ve noticed oscar’s code takes a long time in creating the water masks. And then of course resample takes a while. Not sure I can do much about those.

High zl also takes up a large amount of drive space. As long as you’re seeing output on the main program screen or on the black command line window, though, everything is working correctly.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

On 7/17/2018 at 7:21 AM, aussibob1 said:

AK ..... When I last ran the program and went through the Assemble Vector Data - Triangulate 3D Mesh - Draw Water Masks - Build Imagery/DSF one step at a time I ended up with what I think was scenery for X-plane (See my looonnng post above).  I never tried "All in One"

To develop the scenery for P3D (as shown in the video tutorial) we have to Batch Build by clicking on the Globe Icon - selecting the area we want to create scenery for - Then, in the left panel select Assemble... -  select Triangulate ... - select Draw water .... - select Build Imagery ...... - select Build for ESP ..... Then click on the Batch Build button.

In the video the program works then  its magic BUT I cannot get the Batch Build button to work.

For kjjj : I have redownloaded the prog form GIT but the  issue persists.  Could there be an error in the most recent  /src/04_GUI_Utils.py (This coming from someone who has absolutely no competency in Python!!!!!!!)

Are you using the exe or are running the main program with python? I’ve never seen that error you mention. Do you get any output on the command line window, or inside the program? If you could post a video, that would be great.

Alfredo Terrero

23 hours ago, christopherbritton said:

Just curious. While the program was compiling the BGLs, the INF stated "CompressionQuality=100" Is there any way that we can edit the compression quality? Although 100 is lossless compression, it produces quite large files. I typically like to use a value of 85 as it's a fairly reasonable file size to quality trade-off. Also, while I'm thinking about it, would there be a way to tell the program to group multiple images together in the INF instead of generating one BGL from one BMP and it's accompanying Mask? Too many BGLs in an area can lead to stuttering.

I appreciate the work that has been done to bring this program to us users using P3D.

-Chris

The compression is not a changeable option yet, but I can add it. Didn’t know a lot of bgl’s could produce stuttering. On my own machine, I never see a difference, but I can make it produce less BGL’s to prevent stuttering on other’s machines.

Alfredo Terrero

Also, does anyone have the FSEarthtiles source code? At 2m/pixel setting for example, it produces higher quality textures than ortho4xp at zl 16 (even though zl 16 is approximately 2m/pixel). I believe it’s because FSET has logic to resample the BMP images to produce the least distortion possible within the sim. Would love to port that algorithm over to Ortho4xp.

Edited by kjjj11223344

Alfredo Terrero

10 hours ago, aussibob1 said:

Another day and still no solution found. Deleted installation. Re-downloaded from GIT using the  OP link. Reinstalled. Confirmed that Python 3.5 installed and working. Ditto for PIP. Made sure that GDAL, Numpy, Pillow, pyproj, Rtree and Shapely had been installed through PIP. Made sure that sharing and permissions would not interfere with any writes. Turned off Firewall and Antivirus.

After all this ( and following the video tutorial steps) the program runs and seems to function properly right  up until I hit the Batch Build button - At this point the program windows just sit there looking back at me as if to say, " We have you beaten" !!!.No error messages.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Aussibob

Aussibob - did you shift left click when selecting an area on the map?

Alfredo Terrero

On 7/17/2018 at 6:37 AM, AKStirling said:

Aussibob ..... trying out your 'Assemble Vector Data' approach .... currently at step: BuildImagery/DSF .... did you then click on 'All in one'????   

Request to kjjj - would you mind posting the video to YouTube as my ESP won't let me access the link given .....????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkvmlbJXAq4&feature=youtu.be

Alfredo Terrero

Aussibob - did you shift left click when selecting an area on the map? Aussibob - did you shift left click when selecting an area on the map? Aussibob - did you shift left click when selecting an area on the map? Aussibob - did you shift left click when selecting an area on the map? Aussibob - did you shift left click when selecting an area on the map? Aussibob - did you shift left click when selecting an area on the map? Aussibob - did you shift left click when selecting an area on the map? Aussibob - did you shift left click when selecting an area on the map? Aussibob - did you shift left click when selecting an area on the map? Aussibob - did you shift left click when selecting an area on the map?

This will be burned into my memory for ever more.

In Australia we have a paint manufacturer who prints in the paint can lid: "When all else fails - Read the instructions".    Should have RTFM

Thank you kjjj

Aussibob

• Like 1

Glad to see you've taken your medicine with fortitude and a healthy sense of humour ......

Thanks to kjjj for the youtube link ..... 

I am getting this error message when trying to batch build a tile:

FSX/P3D building requires both the tile and mask zooms to equal. Setting the mask zoom to the tile zoom of 16

I watched the tutorial video and can't figure out what is wrong, can anyone help please? 

thanks!

757FO

I think you have to ensure that the zoomlevel on the program's main page needs to be the same as the Masks_zl on the settings page.  So change the zoom level to what you want on the main program page (e.g. 16)  then open the settings by clicking on the icon and in the Masks settings change masks-zl to 16 as well. 

18 hours ago, 757FO said:

I am getting this error message when trying to batch build a tile:

FSX/P3D building requires both the tile and mask zooms to equal. Setting the mask zoom to the tile zoom of 16

I watched the tutorial video and can't figure out what is wrong, can anyone help please? 

thanks!

This is more a warning message than an error message. The program automatically sets the mask zoom level to that of the main tile zoom level, so there is nothing to worry about.

Alfredo Terrero