Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

This looks like a really good solution for creating photo scenery. 

I've downloaded and installed as your video and link above and am running Orthi4XP_v130.exe dated 28/8/2018 16:15, did the tools bit and selected an area (+52N/+0E) clicked [Batch Build] and nothing happened, no error messages, nothing.  I did get the "ERROR: Providers/O4_Custom_URL.py contains invalid code. The corresponding providers won't probably work" message on start up so thats probably got something to do with it.  Help please.

Malcolm

On 8/28/2018 at 3:45 PM, kjjj11223344 said:

As to the other error which states that the Providers contains invalid code - that is a small issue that is happening with the latest version of Oscar's original Ortho4XP code. I bring in all of Oscar's latest changes whenever he adds anything to the original code, to make sure the Ortho4XP for ESP can function exactly like the original Ortho4XP when it comes to XPlane.

In one of his latest changes, that error was introduced. I haven't bothered looking into it nor fixing it, because it doesn't seem to affect creation of tiles. I am sure Oscar will fix it eventually :).

M4rk0 ...... I think the above reply to my raising the issue covers your query ....

On 8/28/2018 at 3:45 PM, kjjj11223344 said:

To conclude: I don't believe either of these two errors led to you not having an Addon_scenery folder. Can you take a video of your workflow when running the program, so that I can spot the error?

Supermalc .....to get the process up and running you have to click 'shift' at same time you click on map to highlight the tile .... you see a sort of red speckled effect inside the yellow box ....

Alfredo ... Ran a tile earlier today with the current version and works just fine .... 

Alan

Edited by AKStirling
  • Like 1

Thanks for the response Alan, think I'm nearly there.

Didn't spot the red hatching on the video so using shift click solved the problem.  Worked like a dream until resample and I got this error message.

ESP_build_dir is None inside of resample... something went wrong, so can't run resample

my config file has this line: ESP_resample_loc=D:\\P3Dv4 SDK\\World\\Terrain\\resample.exe

And the resample path is: D:\P3Dv4 SDK\World\Terrain.  I downloaded resample from LM the other day so its the latest version.

Am I missing a directory structure or something?  Do i need resample in a different location?

Malcolm

Malcolm .... have to leave that one for Alfredo to answer .... basic beginner sized questions I can help with but have to leave the bigger picture nuts and bolts stuff for others .... sorry ....

Alan

I just found out about ortho4xp for P3D last night and made my first tile with no problems:) Awesome!
I'm an avid Xplane user and have tons of ortho for it. I have many tiles that are near perfect..
downloaded from previous 2 years. Seems like it is a lot harder to get cloudless and color matched
tiles now. I haven't used p3dv4 much lately because I like the ortho in XP.

I have figured out a way to convert X-plane ortho to P3d using this program. If there is a faster way,
please let me know. Here's the way I have done it.

The .dds files from xplane tile have to be converted to .bmp. Then they have to be placed where this program
expects the .bmp files to be so when you run this program it thinks they have already been downloaded. If you still
have the jpeg files from the creation of the xplane tile, I guess you convert those to .bmp files. I usually delete
them so I convert from the .dds files. Here are the steps using the BI tile +35-079 from xplane ortho as an example.

- Copy the texture folder inside of zOrtho4XP_+35-079 to Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D-master/Orthophotos/+30-080/+35-079

- Rename the texture folder to BI_18 (these are Bing level 18 downloaded files)
  If you have say level 17 ARC files it would be ARC_17

_ *How to convert the files to .bmp using reduce_imagery.py from Oscar Pilote (Bing level 18 example)
  * read this link  https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/133473-reducing-level-18-file-size/
    to understand reduce_imagery.py
  * Must have python3 with pillow installed
  * reduce_imagery.py from Oscar Pilote doesn't have to reduce... it can keep the level the same depending
    on what you enter in the command line.
  * MUST edit reduce_imagery.py ... change .jpg to .bmp   It's the only .jpg in there. Save it. Good editor
    for this is notepad++ (free)
  (1) Copy edited reduce_imagery.py file to Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D-master/Orthophotos/+30-080/+35-079
  (2) Copy .cmd.exe from windows/system32 folder and paste into Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D-master/Orthophotos/+30-080/+35-079
  (3) Double click on cmd.exe and enter python reduce_imagery.py BI_18 18
      and hit enter. It should start converting. If you had ARC level 17 and renamed your texture folder ARC_17,          then you would have entered python reduce_imagery.py ARC_17 17
  (4) After converting, delete all files in BI_18 except .bmp files
  (5) Create tile using Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D and you should be golden:)

BTW at level 18, the ortho4xp tile for xplane is 27.9 gigs. In p3d the tile is 73.9 gigs.... over twice as big.

I've been flying over this tile and it looks great! Runs smoothly.... the biggest difference I can tell is that
in xplane, it renders out farther. In p3dv4 it is not clear until I get closer.... but still great!

Edited by strat919
  • Like 3

On 8/30/2018 at 11:21 AM, Supermalc said:

Thanks for the response Alan, think I'm nearly there.

Didn't spot the red hatching on the video so using shift click solved the problem.  Worked like a dream until resample and I got this error message.

ESP_build_dir is None inside of resample... something went wrong, so can't run resample

my config file has this line: ESP_resample_loc=D:\\P3Dv4 SDK\\World\\Terrain\\resample.exe

And the resample path is: D:\P3Dv4 SDK\World\Terrain.  I downloaded resample from LM the other day so its the latest version.

Am I missing a directory structure or something?  Do i need resample in a different location?

Malcolm

Looks like I've fixed it.  Got to "Batch process completed in 19m54sec" now.  Haven't actually installed the scenery yet.

Poor debuging on my behalf, I changed too many things.  Firstly, I renamed the directory all the ortho4xp stuff is in to "Ortho4XPforP3D" no spaces.  Put resample.exe in this directory and updated the config accordingly.  Secondly I used the "Erase cached data" option to remove all data.  I remember doing an early run with "Extract overlays" ticked in error and thought maybe that left some rubbish. 

Anyhow after these changes resample.exe ran without issue.

Malcolm

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 11:41 AM, Supermalc said:

Looks like I've fixed it.  Got to "Batch process completed in 19m54sec" now.  Haven't actually installed the scenery yet.

Poor debuging on my behalf, I changed too many things.  Firstly, I renamed the directory all the ortho4xp stuff is in to "Ortho4XPforP3D" no spaces.  Put resample.exe in this directory and updated the config accordingly.  Secondly I used the "Erase cached data" option to remove all data.  I remember doing an early run with "Extract overlays" ticked in error and thought maybe that left some rubbish. 

Anyhow after these changes resample.exe ran without issue.

Malcolm

I've been very busy lately with school lately, so apologies for the late response. That error you describe was reported by an earlier member, but I have yet to go around to fix it. I think it has to do with the order in which certain buttons are clicked.

I also want to fix the night textures as the current output slightly differs from what FSET makes, and I think FSET night textures look better.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

49 minutes ago, kjjj11223344 said:

I've been very busy lately with school lately, so apologies for the late response. That error you describe was reported by an earlier member, but I have yet to go around to fix it. I think it has to do with the order in which certain buttons are clicked.

I also want to fix the night textures as the current output slightly differs from what FSET makes, and I think FSET night textures look better.

Working fine for me. I fly VFR mainly and don’t use the night textures. 

Malcolm

• Like 1

Hi Guys

Bit of a novice at this but followed the video instructions and changed 

ESP_resample_loc=F:\\ortho4xpvm\\resample.exe
max_resample_processes=8
create_ESP_night=True
create_ESP_summer=True
create_ESP_spring=False
create_ESP_fall=False
create_ESP_winter=False
create_ESP_hard_winter=False

TO

ESP_resample_loc=C:\\C:\Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D\\resample.exe
max_resample_processes=8
create_ESP_night=True
create_ESP_summer=True
create_ESP_spring=False
create_ESP_fall=False
create_ESP_winter=False

My problem is that is not creating the Addon folder just dds files see pics attached.

Can someone help 

TIA

Matt

http://www.mediafire.com/view/c2zj5sdc38dc92d/img_3.JPG/file

http://www.mediafire.com/view/vw30f10cmizt1tk/IMG1.JPG/file

http://www.mediafire.com/view/cseglbg6474av3c/Img2.JPG/file

http://www.mediafire.com/view/caagtdglvfbrr7h/img4.JPG/file

On 9/9/2018 at 5:49 AM, raf83 said:

Hi Guys

Bit of a novice at this but followed the video instructions and changed 

ESP_resample_loc=F:\\ortho4xpvm\\resample.exe
max_resample_processes=8
create_ESP_night=True
create_ESP_summer=True
create_ESP_spring=False
create_ESP_fall=False
create_ESP_winter=False

TO

ESP_resample_loc=C:\\C:\Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D\\resample.exe
max_resample_processes=8
create_ESP_night=True
create_ESP_summer=True
create_ESP_spring=False
create_ESP_fall=False
create_ESP_winter=False

My problem is that is not creating the Addon folder just dds files see pics attached.

Can someone help 

TIA

Matt

Are you making sure to tick the build for esp option?

Also, there is an error in your path to resample. It should look like this:

C:\\Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D\\resample.exe

(You had two "C:\\" before).

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

On 9/9/2018 at 6:49 AM, raf83 said:

Oi pessoal

Pouco novato nisso, mas seguiu as instruções de vídeo e mudou 

ESP_resample_loc = F: \\ ortho4xpvm \\ resample.exe
max_resample_processes = 8
create_ESP_night = Verdadeiro
create_ESP_summer = Verdadeiro
create_ESP_spring = Falsa
create_ESP_fall = Falsa
create_ESP_winter = Falsa
create_ESP_hard_winter = Falsa

PARA

ESP_resample_loc = 😄 \\ 😄 \ Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D \\ resample.exe
max_resample_processes = 8
create_ESP_night = Verdadeira
create_ESP_summer = Verdadeira
create_ESP_spring = Falsa
create_ESP_fall = Falsa
create_ESP_winter = Falsa
create_ESP_hard_winter = Falsa

Meu problema é que não está criando a pasta Addon apenas arquivos dds ver fotos anexadas.

Alguem pode ajudar 

TIA

Matt

Try install ImageMagick from dist folder!

Hey,

Thx for your great work on this project. However i encountered two bugs, while trying to compile some sceneries. First one might be my fault but i dont know how to fix it.

1. Photo-textures are just laying on top on the default FSX textures. Thus i get sometimes double coastlines and weird mesh problems. It seems that the default mesh is higher prioritized or the Ortho4XP mesh is missing, although it is set on highest priority in the scenery.cfg. New coastlines are not correctly recognized by the sim, there are still visual ocean waves on the old shores.

nevNpUw.jpg

CNknc3P.jpg

3dzrcc4.jpg

• 2. the option "high_zl_airports" is not yet supported by your version. If you use it anyway, only one of both (higher or lower zoom level textures) randomly will be compiled to .bgls. Furthermore .tff mask files are only generated for lower zl textures and thus not applied on the final high-zl-texture. It would be awesome if you could implement a fix for that :)

I am using FSX:SE with P3d V.1.4 SDK (might be a problem?) and this is my config file:

Spoiler

verbosity=1
cleaning_level=1
overpass_server_choice=random
skip_downloads=False
skip_converts=False
max_convert_slots=4
check_tms_response=True
http_timeout=10.0
max_connect_retries=5
max_baddata_retries=5
ovl_exclude_pol=[0]
ovl_exclude_net=[]
custom_scenery_dir=
custom_overlay_src=
apt_smoothing_pix=8
road_level=1
road_banking_limit=0.5
lane_width=5.0
max_levelled_segs=100000
water_simplification=0.0
min_area=0.001
max_area=200.0
clean_bad_geometries=True
mesh_zl=19
curvature_tol=2.0
apt_curv_tol=0.5
apt_curv_ext=0.5
coast_curv_tol=1.0
coast_curv_ext=0.5
limit_tris=0
hmin=0.0
min_angle=10.0
sea_smoothing_mode=zero
water_smoothing=10
iterate=0
mask_zl=16
masks_width=180
masking_mode=sand
use_masks_for_inland=True
masks_use_DEM_too=False
masks_custom_extent=
cover_airports_with_highres=False
cover_extent=1.0
cover_zl=17
ratio_water=0.25
overlay_lod=25000.0
sea_texture_blur=0.0
add_low_res_sea_ovl=False
experimental_water=0
normal_map_strength=1.0
terrain_casts_shadows=True
use_decal_on_terrain=False
ESP_resample_loc=D:\\SDK\\Environment Kit\\Terrain SDK\\resample.exe
max_resample_processes=8
create_ESP_night=True
create_ESP_summer=True
create_ESP_spring=False
create_ESP_fall=False
create_ESP_winter=False

Best regards,
Alex

You need to exclude the default hydro-polygons and re-define them to fit the photo textures.