Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

On 7/13/2018 at 5:11 PM, kjjj11223344 said:
Hey guys,

I modified Ortho4XP version 1.30 to enable support for FSX/P3D. The main advantage over FSEarthTiles is that water masks are created dynamically and accurately from OpenStreetMap data at extremely high detail (no more slaving over creating accurate water masks). I will try to add creation of night and seasonal masks in the future (no ETA as I'm very busy).

Any chance this will be updated to match the master of 1.30 where its currently at.. has a few extra features in the config panel that dont exist in the p3d version.  Hoping still there is a way to prevent the command windows from popping up or stalling down the road at least.

The one added feature that could have some relevance is ""imprint_masks_to_dds=True/false" which helps with Vram usage apparently (if set to true) at least in the master 1.30 for xp.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Hi Every one !!!

Well this product is really great !!! big thanks !! my is working after many hours clicking there and here … etc etc (im not the coputer guy) i have 2 question that i cant find by my self how to fix it 

1- How to change the way the mask is done, i mean i am doing caribbean islands, and in some of them the beauty is in the water (beaches) but the program clip the water to near the island and the beauty is lost, and my question is how  to make the making not that narrow from the island, is there any parameter that i could change ?

2- In almost all the islands and actually all the tiles the picture airport is never align with prepar3d airport, looks like 2 airports, just wondering how to fix it

Thanks for your help and time !!!

//Gustavo 

Hi,

Is there a way to use a tile already downloaded and be used for P3d instead of XP-11. The Tile is for my hometown airport and can't be downloaded again because Sat image has been updated from the SOURCE.Any 

help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks ,

Mike

On 10/30/2018 at 11:21 AM, theskyisthelimit said:

Any chance this will be updated to match the master of 1.30 where its currently at.. has a few extra features in the config panel that dont exist in the p3d version.  Hoping still there is a way to prevent the command windows from popping up or stalling down the road at least. However, I don't think this new dds feature will work for fsx/p3d.

The one added feature that could have some relevance is ""imprint_masks_to_dds=True/false" which helps with Vram usage apparently (if set to true) at least in the master 1.30 for xp.

I haven't been active much, as have been very busy with school. I just merged in the latest changes of 1.30. I will build a tile to make sure all is good, and should have the prebuilt binary updated by tomorrow after I can test it (since I assume the majority of people use the pre built binary). However, I don't think this dds feature will work for ESP.

I also modified the spawning of resample processes so they now spawn minimized and don't constantly spawn on top of your current windows.

I have also been investigating on integrating the sceneproc autogen creation functionality, and hope to work on it more over the holidays, time permitting.

Edited by kjjj11223344
  • Like 2

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

On 11/30/2018 at 4:58 PM, mm71w said:

Hi,

Is there a way to use a tile already downloaded and be used for P3d instead of XP-11. The Tile is for my hometown airport and can't be downloaded again because Sat image has been updated from the SOURCE.Any 

help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks ,

Mike

Not currently, but I have been suggested some ideas on how to get this to work. But I my main goal now is to integrate sceneproc :).

Alfredo Terrero

On 11/14/2018 at 3:36 AM, gusmor said:

Hi Every one !!!

Well this product is really great !!! big thanks !! my is working after many hours clicking there and here … etc etc (im not the coputer guy) i have 2 question that i cant find by my self how to fix it 

1- How to change the way the mask is done, i mean i am doing caribbean islands, and in some of them the beauty is in the water (beaches) but the program clip the water to near the island and the beauty is lost, and my question is how  to make the making not that narrow from the island, is there any parameter that i could change ?

2- In almost all the islands and actually all the tiles the picture airport is never align with prepar3d airport, looks like 2 airports, just wondering how to fix it

Thanks for your help and time !!!

//Gustavo 

1) Is not currently modifiable, do you mean you'd like to use the satellite water as opposed to default fsx/p3d water?

Alfredo Terrero

5 hours ago, kjjj11223344 said:

Not currently, but I have been suggested some ideas on how to get this to work. But I my main goal now is to integrate sceneproc :).

Thanks for reply .....I did a lot of reading though this topic and found that if you use " python reduce_imagery.py " and change .jpeg to .bmp , i can now use my tiles from X-plane (ortho120.)    🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mm71w said:

Thanks for reply .....I did a lot of reading though this topic and found that if you use " python reduce_imagery.py " and change .jpeg to .bmp , i can now use my tiles from X-plane (ortho120.)    🙂

Interesting, I will take a look 🙂

Alfredo Terrero

The exe has been updated to include all of Oscar's latest fixes as well as the new fix which spawns resample minimized to the taskbar.

Alfredo Terrero

1 hour ago, kjjj11223344 said:

Interesting, I will take a look 🙂

Kjjj11223344----- Look at page 7 of this topic for strat919 post. He has all the info needed for transfer .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kjjj11223344 said:

The exe has been updated to include all of Oscar's latest fixes as well as the new fix which spawns resample minimized to the taskbar.

is the exe on the fist page of this topic? 

Nevermine , found it

Edited by mm71w

19 hours ago, kjjj11223344 said:

Should this same exe that has the p3d export in it, now be used as the version 1.30 for doing new tiles for XP11 as well.. or should we (still) use oscars exe/files outside of this branch just for XP11?

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

What is the typical time it takes to do the esp part for most people..Mine 1hr43min total time, 15 of which is everything but the esp (so around 1hr30min for the esp for one tile).. this on a 5.1ghz machine with 1080 ti (is there any way to utilize some gpu processing to speed this up?).. the minimized windows work great now though.

Other question is on the bgl file / folder size after wards.. i have some tiles around 20-22GB at zl17 via bing (usa area).. for instance.. +41-72 tile is around 22Gb.. while other nearby tiles might only be 8GB after conversion.. i think this is killing my load time into p3d (another issue).. any idea why some of these tiles are so huge and others are "normal" or perhaps depends on terrain.. however, the xp equivalent tiles folder with full textures for this area at same settings is only 5.5GB in size.. confused.

Now getting this message suddenly.. unsure why (i'm running from the exe.. it was fine earlier, i think)..

ESP_build_dir is None inside of resample... something went wrong, so can't run resample

Nothing has physically really changed.. the path in the cfg file is valid too..

Has anyone ran into this?

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 6:04 PM, kjjj11223344 said:

I'm coming to find that often the minimized command windows are still getting "stuck".. have to unminimize and tap space bar on each one a few times to get them going.. anyone else still having this issue?  This could also be why mine took 1hr45 for one esp creation one time and 2hr30min the next (no cpu usage when they get stuck like right now, 10 minutes after it started an esp job process)