Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

On 12/5/2018 at 1:22 PM, theskyisthelimit said:

Should this same exe that has the p3d export in it, now be used as the version 1.30 for doing new tiles for XP11 as well.. or should we (still) use oscars exe/files outside of this branch just for XP11?

You can use the fsx/p3d version to create XP11 tiles as usual, just don't check the build for esp option.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

On 12/6/2018 at 8:55 PM, theskyisthelimit said:

I'm coming to find that often the minimized command windows are still getting "stuck".. have to unminimize and tap space bar on each one a few times to get them going.. anyone else still having this issue?  This could also be why mine took 1hr45 for one esp creation one time and 2hr30min the next (no cpu usage when they get stuck like right now, 10 minutes after it started an esp job process)

That is a bug I have yet been able to track down, so I am not sure why they get stuck. I just leave mine running and they all finish eventually though.

Alfredo Terrero

On 12/6/2018 at 3:18 PM, theskyisthelimit said:

Now getting this message suddenly.. unsure why (i'm running from the exe.. it was fine earlier, i think)..

ESP_build_dir is None inside of resample... something went wrong, so can't run resample

Nothing has physically really changed.. the path in the cfg file is valid too..

Has anyone ran into this?

Another bug I have not been able to reproduce on my end. Do you have steps to trigger it?

Alfredo Terrero

On 12/6/2018 at 11:46 AM, theskyisthelimit said:

What is the typical time it takes to do the esp part for most people..Mine 1hr43min total time, 15 of which is everything but the esp (so around 1hr30min for the esp for one tile).. this on a 5.1ghz machine with 1080 ti (is there any way to utilize some gpu processing to speed this up?).. the minimized windows work great now though.

Other question is on the bgl file / folder size after wards.. i have some tiles around 20-22GB at zl17 via bing (usa area).. for instance.. +41-72 tile is around 22Gb.. while other nearby tiles might only be 8GB after conversion.. i think this is killing my load time into p3d (another issue).. any idea why some of these tiles are so huge and others are "normal" or perhaps depends on terrain.. however, the xp equivalent tiles folder with full textures for this area at same settings is only 5.5GB in size.. confused.

It depends on how much water is in the area, etc. I am planning to add a compression option which tells resample how much compression to use when generating BGLs.

Alfredo Terrero

I've been fiddling with the tool and it is awesome.  I've created many areas that are looking absolutely great.  Two wish-list items that would be great to have:

1- Scenery Autogen

2- Better compression

Also, for some reason, I am not able to create mix zoom level bgls in a tile.  I am using the Zoom window and adding mixed zl16,17,18, and 19.  However, only bgls matching the base zl (16 in my case) are being created, although I do see BMPs and INFs being downloaded and created in their respective folders (BI_17, BI_18, B_19), there's only one ADDONS SCENERY folder for BI_16 that gets created with *_BI16.BGL files only, the other zl folders have no ADDONS SCENERY folder in them.

Thanks again for doing the conversion to P3D... great work

Mustafa

Edited by SkyMan

This looks awesome. Does it replace Orbx and FreemeshX?

Edited by GodAtum

Hi,

Thank you for your hard work! 

I have a question: I only have access to a limited number of sources in the downloaded app (Bing, Google, Arc and Here if I recall correctly). I see that there is a Providers folder with plenty of other sources. How do I add them?

Thanks a lot and happy new year!

1 hour ago, Karelpatch said:

Hi,

Thank you for your hard work! 

I have a question: I only have access to a limited number of sources in the downloaded app (Bing, Google, Arc and Here if I recall correctly). I see that there is a Providers folder with plenty of other sources. How do I add them?

Thanks a lot and happy new year!

Most are hidden in the UI because they are already part of combined providers like "EUR" and "NO".

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/162320-question-on-providers-in-130
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/165736-missing-source-providers

11 hours ago, Daikan said:

Well, thank you! I figured it out while going through the files 🙂

I do have an issue, though. I don’t know if someone would have a solution or an explanation to this:

When I want to create custom zoom levels of 18 and 19 to a 17 base tile, I get folders for 17, 18 and 19 zoom levels with BMP files in each. But the ADDON and scenery folders with BGL for the custom zoom tiles do not always get created. 

- 1st attempt after having created a working ZL17 scenery:

Scenery folder and bgl files were created for ZL18 but nothing inside the ZL19 (except the bmp and inf). 

- 2nd attempt:

I restarted the process without changing anything. This time again, no ADDON_SCENERY inside the ZL19 folder. 

- 3rd attempt:

This time I changed the custom zoom and removed all ZL19 and added ZL18 tiles. End of process: no more ADDON_SCENERY inside ZL18 and ZL19. The scenery files inside ZL17 are rewritten, like each time. 

What am I missing? I did check the tile specific CFG file and the zones are written. And I always save and load the cfg. 

Thanks a lot. 

Edit: to say things simpler, it looks like the resampling happens only to the base 17 zoom level and not on the custom zoom levels. 

Edited by Karelpatch

Any screenshots??

How do I add the generated tiles into P3D??

Edited by GodAtum

Allright,

I think I found 2 bugs with custom zoom levels:

• When I select custom zoom levels, my BMP and INF files get created but are not processed by resample.exe.
  • The second issue is with the water masks. No custom zoom level water masks are created and the custom ZL inf files contain no TIFF source.

can anyone confirm that this is working with P3D SDK 4.4.16.27106 I just can't get it to start and when I click on the resample.exe for example it says that I'm missing some files ect...

Edit: ignore, it seems that the SDK wants to be installed on the same as P3D. I was trying to put it on a stand along comp just to access the resample but no go.

Edited by FPStewy
Updated Info

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

In case anyone else is interested, things I've learned doing this.

- run ortho4xp in admin mode

- when installing use the included imageMagic 7.0.8.10-Q8-x64

- install Notepad++ to modify the cfg

- the default install of the p3d-sdk will be in the windows Program/Files folder which is not good, just copy the resample file to (example) c:\\files\\resample.exe don't link it to the Program/Files folder in the ortho4xp.cfg

- from the test I've done and read you can only use the default zoom of 16 unless I'm mistaken and ignore the zoom settings

- make sure in the settings you use_masks_for_inland to True

- don't click on the all-in-one use the batch build

- I was successful in doing a tile zoom 16 but there's no overlays which took 26.6 gb

- make sure you watch the Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D on youtube by kjj11223344

This should help if you are new to Ortho4XP for P3D

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

In case anyone else is interested, things I've learned doing this.

- run ortho4xp in admin mode

- when installing use the included imageMagic 7.0.8.10-Q8-x64

- install Notepad++ to modify the cfg

- the default install of the p3d-sdk will be in the windows Program/Files folder which is not good, just copy the resample file to (example) c:\\files\\resample.exe don't link it to the Program/Files folder in the ortho4xp.cfg

- from the test I've done and read you can only use the default zoom of 16 unless I'm mistaken and ignore the zoom settings

- make sure in the settings you use_masks_for_inland to True

- don't click on the all-in-one use the batch build

- I was successful in doing a tile zoom 16 but there's no overlays which took 26.6 gb

- make sure you watch the Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D on youtube by kjj11223344

This should help if you are new to Ortho4XP for P3D

Good points.. but as far as the zoom of 16 goes.. i havent experienced this (in my case).. i'm able to generate tiles greater than zl of 16 and i can also use the batch build option and it seems to work, aside from the known issue of the command windows sticking.

The tiles are generally 20GB+ which are quite a bit larger than the ones dedicated for XP at say 8GB roughly.. when you load up 20-30 of these tiles or more into P3D, the load time gets dramatically long as a result.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

3 hours ago, theskyisthelimit said:

The tiles are generally 20GB+ which are quite a bit larger than the ones dedicated for XP at say 8GB roughly.. when you load up 20-30 of these tiles or more into P3D, the load time gets dramatically long as a result.

are you able to include any autogen or overlay for the tiles ?