Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

Is it possible to use custom zoomlevels for an airport and its surroundings, including using different source?

So far, if I just compile a tile for one given zoomlevel, lets say the standard 16, all is fin. I have dine the same adding custom zoomlevels for the airport an interestling, what I get is the area meant to be covered with the neew zoom levels, it simply comes like a "hole" in the tile. I mean the airport area is showing my default scenery (ORBX in my case) and the rest of the tile is the zoomlevel tile 16...

Am I missing something here?

Cheers

Kano

Edited by kanoasurf2

Kano

Intel i9-12900KF (no overclocked), MSI RTX 3090 Gamin Trio, 64GB XPG Lancer DDR5-5200, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F Gaming, Seasonic Prime TX 1000w Titanium, Alphacool Eisbaer 280, Fractal Define 7 XL, LG 43UN700 4K

On 7/22/2018 at 5:44 PM, kjjj11223344 said:

You need to change the ESP_resample_loc setting in Ortho4XP.cfg to be the path to your resample.exe from the P3D or FSX SDK. Make sure to insert double backslashes instead of single (so c:\\path\\to\\resample.exe instead of c:\path\to\resample.exe).

Ok so probably a dumb question.  What does the “to” represent?

Matt Wilson

These are my first steps with Ortho4XP under Prepar3d, while I used it for XP before. This is the recent version from Github. I went through most of this thread and learned quite a lot.

- Installed Ortho4XP under I:\Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D-master

- Installed imagemagick from the dist folder,

- Edited the resample line to

ESP_resample_loc=J:\\Program Files\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.4.16.27077\\World\\Terrain\\resample.exe

- Ran Ortho4XP exe as admin.

- Selected ZL16

- Opened the map and klicked the tile using Shift + leftclick,

- Set the check marks according to the video clip

- Clicked batch build.

Batch bild ran until step 3 completes. Finishes with

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-> Encoding of the DSF file
     Final nbr of nodes: 972162
     DSF file encoded, total size is : 22780951 bytes (21.7M)
 *Activating DSF file.
ESP_build_dir is None inside of resample... something went wrong, so can't run resample

I found this already reported by someone else early in this thread, but no solution was found. 

Any advice how to proceed?

Thank you and kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

13 hours ago, pmb said:

Batch bild ran until step 3 completes. Finishes with

-> Encoding of the DSF file
     Final nbr of nodes: 972162
     DSF file encoded, total size is : 22780951 bytes (21.7M)
 *Activating DSF file.
ESP_build_dir is None inside of resample... something went wrong, so can't run resample

I just got a solution from user theskyisthelimit who originally enountered the issue. Obiously, a bad tile entered the cache and prevents any further action over and over. Here's the solution, should anyone else being stuck here. Go into the map window and "Erase (all) cached data" (upper left) . 

Credit goes to theskyisthelimit, now I can proceed.😊

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On 1/17/2019 at 12:20 AM, mpw8679 said:

Ok so probably a dumb question.  What does the “to” represent?

It’s “path to resample” = you need to link to your resample.exe (P3D SDK)

I would like to build some scenery for Norway with "Norgeskart.no". How do I add that as provider in v1.3 for P3D. The default available providers only provide a so so quality for the region of Norway I want to make scenery for. There is one provider "EUR" that use a combination of providers but it produce bad result in the part of Norway that I want to create scenery. How do I go about to use "Norgeskart"?

Thanks

Mike 

Hi

This really relates to the p3d version of Ortho4xp

The thing is. i am working on some photoscenery for France bordering to Italy. I use the "EUR" source that seem to be a source that use different providers depending on country automatically. The problem I have is that for areas in a zone that include both France and Italy territory it adds BMP files for Italy in its own sub folder but never compiles it to BGL filesl. Am I missing a setting perhaps?

So where there is multiple countries in a zone it adds the following folders:

(For France) FRorth_18 and within it all the bmp files and in addition an ADDON SCENERY folder with BGL files for P3D. (This is correct as its suppose to be)

(For Italy) PCN and within it only BMP files no conversion and no ADDON SCENERY folder with p3d files

Much appreciate any help guys, sorry for the bad English :)

Thanks

Hello,

I'm currently trying to render the whole France, I know that big but if it's possible with the initial Ortho4XP for XP, i wander it's possible also with the FSX/P3D version.
But i have some problems that i will detail here for the developper

On 7/13/2018 at 5:11 PM, kjjj11223344 said:
Please notify me of any bugs here, so that I have a better chance of seeing it.

• Firstly : When you save the config file form the UI, it removes all the configuration for the ESP so you need to grab it and insert it manually again..
  • I didn't find the exact process of compiling the sources, i found how to install dependencies but by the error, i guees there is something to build... 
    λ python Ortho4XP_v130.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "Ortho4XP_v130.py", line 9, in <module>
        import O4_Imagery_Utils as IMG
      File ".\src\O4_Imagery_Utils.py", line 34, in <module>
        import O4_ESP_Utils
      File ".\src\O4_ESP_Utils.py", line 8, in <module>
        from fast_image_mask import *
    ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
  • The major bug / misunderstanding is the default LOD set for some images, i don't really understand why some small pictures have to be set as Default. In my case some ZL12 are set to Default and their process time is near 35 minutes per image! 
            # Default land class textures will be used if the terrain system cannot find photo-imagery at LOD13 (5 meters per pixel) or greater detail.
            # source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/microsoft-esp/cc707102(v=msdn.10)
            # otherwise, nothing will be added, so the default of LOD = Auto will be used
            LOD_13_DEG_PER_PIX = 4.27484e-05
            if img_cell_x_dimension_deg > LOD_13_DEG_PER_PIX or img_cell_y_dimension_deg > LOD_13_DEG_PER_PIX:
                contents += "LOD = Auto, 13\n"

• When there are different Zoom Level in a render, as exemple you have some zone in each of zooms level but, i don't know why, only one is rendered, so for exemple only the ZL18 is rendered but not the others..
  • Is it possible to group all the selected tiles in a single Addon_Scenery folder so if we render a big zone with many tiles, with need to add one entry to the scenery.cfg?
  • Because each BGL file has the name of the picture it represents, is it possible to cache already generated BGL files to prevnet them to be generated again?
  • If a tile has already been generated with checking the ESP box, is it possible to add an option that if we only select the ESP button, it will grab the pictures and go through the rendering without having to pass the step 1 - 3?
  • Is it possible to delete automatically all BMP files after rendering because it takes space. And about space : is there a way of reducing the size of the BGL files because 12Gb for 9 tiles en ZL12 seems too big...

Thanks for reading my comments, and i'm sorry if my english is not very clear... I'm still available to answer some misunderstandings.

Tchekda.

Edited by Jim Young
Added last bullet at request of OP

On 7/14/2018 at 5:11 AM, kjjj11223344 said:
Hey guys,

I modified Ortho4XP version 1.30 to enable support for FSX/P3D. The main advantage over FSEarthTiles is that water masks are created dynamically and accurately from OpenStreetMap data at extremely high detail (no more slaving over creating accurate water masks). I will try to add creation of night and seasonal masks in the future (no ETA as I'm very busy).

All that it requires is ticking the box "Build for ESP (FSX/P3D)" before clicking on batch build. The BGL files will be placed inside the main program directory\Orthophotos\. From there, find the folder which contains the orthophotos for the area just downloaded. In that folder will be an ADDON_SCENERY folder. This can be renamed to whatever name you wish and added to FSX/P3D scenery.

The program requires resample.exe from the FSX/P3D SDK. You can install the SDK from Lockheed Martin's website if you have P3D. If you have FSX, the SDK comes on one of the discs of the deluxe edition or in the gold/acceleration pack disk.

In Ortho4XP.cfg, you need to change the last line (ie
ESP_resample_loc=F:\\ortho4xpvm\\resample.exe
)
And type in the location to your resample.exe from the SDK after the equals sign, deleting the current location that is already there. Notice that backslashes need to be escaped with another backslash, so make sure to always put two backslashes instead of one for windows paths.)

I have provided a binary built using pyinstaller in the dist folder. If you don't trust it, then feel free to install all the required modules manually and run Ortho4XP_v130.py in the main folder with python.

Forks and pull requests are welcome with bug fixes/feature improvements. I plan to add creation of night masks and season masks by porting over these algorithms from the masking scripts of the new version of FSEarthTiles.

Here is a link to the github where you can download the code and the binary (note, you need to download the whole repository even if you just want the binary):

Finally, and this is pretty obvious, use at your own risk :).

I want to download  +30+117,But the file is always downloaded incompletely,There are 168 pictures in other plots(USA16 or other),But  +30+117 only 48 pictures,Very incomplete !

Trouble help me see what the problem is...

My English is not good

Have enthusiastic people help me to see if who can download   +30+117 normally ?Thank you !

Edited by wozf2011

On 7/13/2018 at 11:11 PM, kjjj11223344 said:
Hey guys,

I modified Ortho4XP version 1.30 to enable support for FSX/P3D. The main advantage over FSEarthTiles is that water masks are created dynamically and accurately from OpenStreetMap data at extremely high detail (no more slaving over creating accurate water masks). I will try to add creation of night and seasonal masks in the future (no ETA as I'm very busy).

All that it requires is ticking the box "Build for ESP (FSX/P3D)" before clicking on batch build. The BGL files will be placed inside the main program directory\Orthophotos\. From there, find the folder which contains the orthophotos for the area just downloaded. In that folder will be an ADDON_SCENERY folder. This can be renamed to whatever name you wish and added to FSX/P3D scenery.

The program requires resample.exe from the FSX/P3D SDK. You can install the SDK from Lockheed Martin's website if you have P3D. If you have FSX, the SDK comes on one of the discs of the deluxe edition or in the gold/acceleration pack disk.

In Ortho4XP.cfg, you need to change the last line (ie
ESP_resample_loc=F:\\ortho4xpvm\\resample.exe
)
And type in the location to your resample.exe from the SDK after the equals sign, deleting the current location that is already there. Notice that backslashes need to be escaped with another backslash, so make sure to always put two backslashes instead of one for windows paths.)

I have provided a binary built using pyinstaller in the dist folder. If you don't trust it, then feel free to install all the required modules manually and run Ortho4XP_v130.py in the main folder with python.

Forks and pull requests are welcome with bug fixes/feature improvements. I plan to add creation of night masks and season masks by porting over these algorithms from the masking scripts of the new version of FSEarthTiles.

Here is a link to the github where you can download the code and the binary (note, you need to download the whole repository even if you just want the binary):

Finally, and this is pretty obvious, use at your own risk :).

Using Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D

I experience following problem when tile downloading (Build Imagery/DSF) starts:

Occasionally this line appears: "Part of image(XXXXXXXXX) could not be obtained (even at lower ZL) it was filled with white there."

This results in little white squares in the downloaded image tile.

The rest of the program worked fine and resulted in the "scenery -BGL files"

Using the original Ortho4XP for x-plane scenery  this problem does not appear, all tiles are always completely dowloaded.

I believe the cause of above problem  is within the used release of python.

My internet is OK. The problem lies not within it!

9 hours ago, qaywert said:

Using Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D

I experience following problem when tile downloading (Build Imagery/DSF) starts:

Occasionally this line appears: "Part of image(XXXXXXXXX) could not be obtained (even at lower ZL) it was filled with white there."

This results in little white squares in the downloaded image tile.

The rest of the program worked fine and resulted in the "scenery -BGL files"

Using the original Ortho4XP for x-plane scenery  this problem does not appear, all tiles are always completely dowloaded.

I believe the cause of above problem  is within the used release of python.

My internet is OK. The problem lies not within it!

Do you use v1.3 of ortho4xp as well, or the old version? I have not touched the code which downloades tiles, so not sure what the issue is. What area is giving you this issue, so I can try to reproduce it?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Just testing today :-) Amazing work now its possible what i missing since orto4xp is out for XP11. Great work hope you will improve from time to time.

thank you