Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

Thank You for making Ortho4XP usable for P3D :biggrin:. I understand there are issues but so far it's "GREAT" and will only get better and easier to use.

In XP11,  I have Ortho photo scenery for the entire USA with the addition of "The X-plane OrthoPhoto Project". I have successfully created a few tiles for P3DV3 and V4 and I am very happy :smile: so far.

My biggest issue is creating multiple zones in a tile (BI16 base with BI17 and BI18 around select airports and cities). As stated by others, the .bmp and .inf files are being created in the, ie., BI17, BI18 folders for the tile, but the information is not being resampled to .bgl files. There is no ADDON SCENERY folder being created. I have followed the same procedure that I used when making multiple zone tiles in XP11.

Has there been a fix for this issue or can someone walk me through how to make this happen?

Thanks in Advance

Are there any news about adding Autogen generation to that great tool? Ortho4XP for P3d v4 works awesome so far. Im impressed whats possible if you choose the right satellite providers :) I really hope you could add autogen generation in tiles. That would be awesome, then we wont have to wait for ORBX anymore :)

1 hour ago, Nytro said:

Are there any news about adding Autogen generation to that great tool? Ortho4XP for P3d v4 works awesome so far. Im impressed whats possible if you choose the right satellite providers :) I really hope you could add autogen generation in tiles. That would be awesome, then we wont have to wait for ORBX anymore :)

For the original (X-Plane) version I doubt this will ever happen as there are tools like World2XPlane or OSM2XP for that purpose. I have no idea what exists for FSX/P3D though.

3 hours ago, Nytro said:

Are there any news about adding Autogen generation to that great tool?

You can use ScenProc

https://www.scenerydesign.org/scenproc/

for that purpose. It creates OSM-based buildings and trees and is quite good - if the OSM data are good. It supports FSX, Prepar3d (including version 4), and AeroflyFS2 and I have used it for AeroflyFS2 myself. It needs a bit of learning, though, and you should search for pregenerated scripts.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On 5/16/2019 at 11:50 AM, pmb said:

You can use ScenProc

https://www.scenerydesign.org/scenproc/

for that purpose. It creates OSM-based buildings and trees and is quite good - if the OSM data are good. It supports FSX, Prepar3d (including version 4), and AeroflyFS2 and I have used it for AeroflyFS2 myself. It needs a bit of learning, though, and you should search for pregenerated scripts.

Kind regards, Michael

Yeah I searched already around about scripts & tutorials to that Scenproc program, but sadly I found nothing that helped me. I have absolutely no idea how that works and it seems like to me it works only on a very small area and not on a large scale for a complete tile. Having said that Im open for someone who give like an noob step by step example. I watched a YT video from a guy who did that on a very small island in Holland, but he did not show how he got the osm data in the first place. Plus I have no idea how I tell the program the location of buildings and trees.

After building a tile with ortho4xp you have around 70  - 300 bgl files, every one of them from a very small area of that tile. 1. I dont know the coordinates of that area + the exact "sector" 2. Even if I would know how to, to do that on every of those small bgl files would take a very very long time.

So it must be like an automated process were a a program automaticly places autogen based on osm data per tile I assume.

Greets

Nytro

Edited by Nytro

The first step is simple. Go to OSM, select "Export" on top, next "Select another area manually" in the l.h.s. pane. Now you are given a selected area which you can modify. Then choose "Export" in the l.h.s pane.

This only works for quite small areas, though. If you select a larger area, choose "Overpass API" in the l.h.s pane.

This should give you a file map.osm as an input into ScenProc.

Unfortunately I can't help you with the P3D scripts as I only did it for AeroflyFS where the scripts are different. But a good source for help is https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/ where Arno Gerretson the developer is around.

Also the ScenProc manual has quite a number of scripts for FSX/P3D but I agree it's lenghty and there is a certain learning curve.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hello,

New to O4XP and sorry if I missed it but how can I adjust contrast, brightness & saturation settings (using the EXE version)?

Searching over other forum I see that some contrast/brightness settings should be available inside "ortho4xp.cfg" but I don't have them, neither in the UI settings.

Another one: is it possible to process small areas, I mean smaller than the standard tile size proposed on the map?

Also how can I select local providers (instead of globals)?

Thanks

Edited by roland_lfor

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

I have found some answers on the contrast/brightness settings here.

Settings are provider dependent since v1.3.

• you have to create a filter file (.flt) inside the /filters folder
  • open your provider .lay file and add something like: (take care that you must not append the filter extension .flt)
    color_filters=my_filter

Filter can include inputs like:

levels 0 1.10 255 0 255     0 1 255 0 255    0 0.95 255 0 255
brightness-contrast -20 20
saturation 30

I have to experiment.

EDIT : I'm unable to see any changes with strong correction settings. Maybe it's functional only for XP?

Edited by roland_lfor

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

please post the complete program I don't know how to use python
Edited by Tonino87

Hello 

Good evening have the following question concerning the resample. the program has gone 
through and has created in the orthophotos directory the subdirectories 17, 18 and 19 according 
to the zoomlevels. but now only the 19 was resampled, the others not. how can I adjust that he 
starts at 17 and goes through to 19. Thank you very much for your answers...

kind Regards

Ramon

On 6/15/2019 at 2:17 PM, Tonino87 said:

please post the complete program I don't know how to use python

It's already included in the package: under "dist" folder

Roland

Hey Guys, I have added scenProc integration. Now, you should be able to see autogen in your sim. Instructions for getting the autogen are here: https://github.com/stackTom/Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D

Where it says "To create autogen with ScenProc".

A warning - the current scenProc script I have included is very general. It might not yield the best autogen results (ie wrong building types/not enough trees or buildings) depending on which area of the world you use it on. However, I talked to Arno, the creator of ScenProc, and he says this is a good general script for *most* areas of the world. You can add your own custom scripts (or modify the provided default one) to achieve better results depending on the area of the world you are creating a tile for.

Finally, if anyone comes up with a script which provides better results than the one I have provided, please share so I can make that the new default one 🙂

• Like 1

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Awesome work Alfredo!

When I try to use the new release i get the following error:

Step 1 : Building vector data for tile +47+007 :
--------

Downloading OSM data for ScenProc, this might take some time, please wait...
        OSM server MAP sent us an error code for the data (data too big ?), new tentative in 2 sec...
        OSM server MAP sent us an error code for the data (data too big ?), new tentative in 4 sec...

This goes on forever. However I can build the tile +50-004.

Is this an OSM server related error or has something to do with  the vector data processing?

Best regards

Yan

21 hours ago, yanbam said:

Awesome work Alfredo!

When I try to use the new release i get the following error:

This goes on forever. However I can build the tile +50-004.

Is this an OSM server related error or has something to do with  the vector data processing?

Best regards

Yan

That was a bug, it is now fixed :). Please download again from github and it should work now.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero