Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

Hi

First, amazing work! Thank you for your efforts!

I'm having issues getting it to do anything though! No matter which OSM server I select I receive:

"OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative"

I receive the same error no matter which server I choose. I've tried all listed. I change it in the settings UI, press apply and exit, select my tile (making sure I chose the options on the left that we're in the supporting video), and yet it still uses MAP as the OSM source which is rejecting the query.

The tile I am attempting is +53 -002

Any ideas?

5 hours ago, phillmorgan28 said:

Hi

First, amazing work! Thank you for your efforts!

I'm having issues getting it to do anything though! No matter which OSM server I select I receive:

"OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative"

I receive the same error no matter which server I choose. I've tried all listed. I change it in the settings UI, press apply and exit, select my tile (making sure I chose the options on the left that we're in the supporting video), and yet it still uses MAP as the OSM source which is rejecting the query.

The tile I am attempting is +53 -002

Any ideas?

Currently, I hard coded it to always use one server. The UI changes don't have any effect now when building for fsx/p3d. Can you go to this link and tell me what you see: https://overpass-api.de/api/status?

Also, when that happens, it usually means the OSM API has rejected the query because too many files are being downloaded. But internally, the program simply retries after receiving that error. As long as you don't get stuck infinitely waiting for the OSM data download step to finish, then the data will have downloaded. You can confirm by  looking in the OSM_data folder, going to the tile, and then finding 16 .osm files in there. I initially did it so the data would download in only 1 file (thereby eliminating the "server rejected our query" error), but then sometimes OSM would reject the query due to certain tiles containing too much data. Thus, I decided to break up the tiles into 16 squares and download the 16 pieces separately.

Edit:

I just added more informative messages when downloading OSM data. Currently, it might give the impression that it is failing when the OSM server rejects the query, even though it is working fine and will eventually download everything it needs.

Edited by kjjj11223344
more info

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

1 hour ago, kjjj11223344 said:

Currently, I hard coded it to always use one server. The UI changes don't have any effect now when building for fsx/p3d. Can you go to this link and tell me what you see: https://overpass-api.de/api/status?

Also, when that happens, it usually means the OSM API has rejected the query because too many files are being downloaded. But internally, the program simply retries after receiving that error. As long as you don't get stuck infinitely waiting for the OSM data download step to finish, then the data will have downloaded. You can confirm by  looking in the OSM_data folder, going to the tile, and then finding 16 .osm files in there. I initially did it so the data would download in only 1 file (thereby eliminating the "server rejected our query" error), but then sometimes OSM would reject the query due to certain tiles containing too much data. Thus, I decided to break up the tiles into 16 squares and download the 16 pieces separately.

Edit:

I just added more informative messages when downloading OSM data. Currently, it might give the impression that it is failing when the OSM server rejects the query, even though it is working fine and will eventually download everything it needs.

Hi!

Thanks for getting back to me. Please see repose from the API status page:

Connected as: 1444697923
Current time: 2019-06-25T18:51:30Z
Rate limit: 2
2 slots available now.
Currently running queries (pid, space limit, time limit, start time):

As a work around I manually built the Vector data for each tile using the normal UI so it would download from another server, a so cache everything it needed in the OSM directory. I then used the tile selection display and just avoided checking the vector data option the in batch section.

Thanks for adding more detail to the script, once I've finished building my first tile and given it a go, I'll update the repo and give it another go the automated way.

I'll update you either way!

Thanks again!

Well unfortunately it appears to be a failure.

I create a single tile at ZL17 (+53- 002) using EOX2 imagery. I used the OSM data provided by server FR.

All data is present and the images are all there. The whole process appeared to run without issue, no errors in console including the ScenProc process. It took 5hrs.

I have 936 BGL files, of about 35MB each, totalling 35GB. Unfortunately nothing appears in the sim. No ground, no objects, everything is invisible. Known bug or something I've done wrong do you think? I've disabled all other addons, and placed the scenery at the top of my scenery list.

1 hour ago, phillmorgan28 said:

Hi!

Thanks for getting back to me. Please see repose from the API status page:

Connected as: 1444697923
Current time: 2019-06-25T18:51:30Z
Rate limit: 2
2 slots available now.
Currently running queries (pid, space limit, time limit, start time):

As a work around I manually built the Vector data for each tile using the normal UI so it would download from another server, a so cache everything it needed in the OSM directory. I then used the tile selection display and just avoided checking the vector data option the in batch section.

Thanks for adding more detail to the script, once I've finished building my first tile and given it a go, I'll update the repo and give it another go the automated way.

I'll update you either way!

Thanks again!

Ignore my previous post, I now understand the normal OSM data will not work since we build a different set for ScenProc.

Also, your changes have worked. The process is up and running, and I get download success notifications.

Thank you for your help. I will retry now 😄

Exiting to see some 3d overlays are now possible.

Curious for everyone using the ortho in p3d though.. have you found any way around excruciating load times for the ortho.  I just had about 15 tiles or more from one region and this made my load times go from around 4 minutes to at least 12 minutes for the same test.  My main install is on SSD but the ortho on 7200.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I cant seem to get the scenproc part to work. I have the link correctly set up for it in ortho4xp.cfg. It does create a texture folder in addition to the scenery folder but once the scenery is created the texture folder remain empty. What am I doing wong? is there also a setting in Ortho4xp I need to activate to get scenproc to work or something? I followed the instruction and started scenroc beforehand once to set ut up correctly.

Mike

Same problem here, texture folder is empty. I also put in manually the batch attributes as suggested from Ortho4XP for Scenproc. It opens and closes but it cant create because of this error message (check screenshot below)

I do ran everything as Admin and set up Scenproc before launching in for P3D V4 + checked the folders and osm data, everything is there, but no files in texture.

112859652_scenproc-error.jpg

Edited by Nytro

On 6/28/2019 at 3:41 PM, mikced76 said:

I cant seem to get the scenproc part to work. I have the link correctly set up for it in ortho4xp.cfg. It does create a texture folder in addition to the scenery folder but once the scenery is created the texture folder remain empty. What am I doing wong? is there also a setting in Ortho4xp I need to activate to get scenproc to work or something? I followed the instruction and started scenroc beforehand once to set ut up correctly.

Mike

Hi, this seems to be a bug with scenproc. Another user reported a similar error to me. Can you try this - open the default.spc file in scenproc. Save it from within the scenproc editor, and rerun ortho4xp. Please let me know if that helps. Sorry I hadn’t answered sooner, I am very busy with school lately :).

I need to speak to Arno, the creator of scenproc, about this, as another user and I have narrowed this down to a scenproc bug (it seems to not want to process spc files downloaded from GitHub for some reason, until these are saved again from within scenproc... however, this issue only affects some users).

Edited by kjjj11223344

Alfredo Terrero

On 6/29/2019 at 1:08 AM, Nytro said:

Same problem here, texture folder is empty. I also put in manually the batch attributes as suggested from Ortho4XP for Scenproc. It opens and closes but it cant create because of this error message (check screenshot below)

I do ran everything as Admin and set up Scenproc before launching in for P3D V4 + checked the folders and osm data, everything is there, but no files in texture.

112859652_scenproc-error.jpg

Yes, the default script doesn’t work if you copy and paste it into scenproc. You need to change the first line with @0@ (change the @0@ to the location of the OSM file you want to process). You need to do this for every osm file for your tile in the OSM_data folder. Also, change the @1@ to the output folder (ie the texture folder).

However, I don’t recommend running it manually as it is a lot of work. Please see my reply above this one for a possible workaround. Let me know if it helps.

Alfredo Terrero

After opening default.spc in scenProc.exe and then save it as new file, it works!!!!

Panos Georgotas

May anyone kindly modify the program so that the compression quality variable of the inf file can be changed?

I left the program to download Ortho over night and when I woke up this morning, not much had happened. It downloaded two OSM files and then was stuck trying to contact the OSM server "after 256 seconds." I've been encountering this issue a lot recently, oddly enough.

It's great to see that you're now adding autogen with scenproc, I hadn't looked at this project in a while. I am having 2 issues though. It seems that the building autogen is extremely light when you're not in cities (I live in a suburban area and there are very few houses in the autogen), is there an option to bump that up. I have building autogen set to max in P3D.

The other problem is that in the sim, unless I'm immediately over an area, it is VERY low resolution and blocky Example this shot was from ~2500 ft and as you can see, unless I'm on top of it, it looks horrible. I'm assuming this may actually be a Sim setting, but I can't find which one. Thanks!!!

Also, is there a way to configure what directories it uses, specifically where it outputs to? I'm letting it run on my server and trying to get it to dump to a network share so I can grab it from my desktop.

Edited by fat######79
Another Question