Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

6 hours ago, euroau said:

I left the program to download Ortho over night and when I woke up this morning, not much had happened. It downloaded two OSM files and then was stuck trying to contact the OSM server "after 256 seconds." I've been encountering this issue a lot recently, oddly enough.

The overpass API servers are frequently overloaded. Consider donating to the OpenStreetMap Foundation to help with covering operational costs and improving server capacity.

• Like 1

May anyone kindly modify the program so that the compression quality variable of the inf file can be changed? fat######79 may be rescued if this exists.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:36 PM, fat######79 said:

It's great to see that you're now adding autogen with scenproc, I hadn't looked at this project in a while. I am having 2 issues though. It seems that the building autogen is extremely light when you're not in cities (I live in a suburban area and there are very few houses in the autogen), is there an option to bump that up. I have building autogen set to max in P3D.

The other problem is that in the sim, unless I'm immediately over an area, it is VERY low resolution and blocky Example this shot was from ~2500 ft and as you can see, unless I'm on top of it, it looks horrible. I'm assuming this may actually be a Sim setting, but I can't find which one. Thanks!!!

Also, is there a way to configure what directories it uses, specifically where it outputs to? I'm letting it run on my server and trying to get it to dump to a network share so I can grab it from my desktop.

The low resolution might be fixed by getting a faster drive, or by changing the compression of the generated BGLs. I hope to make the compression option configurable soon.

As to the autogen density, the real fix to this is either modifying the default.spc scenproc file, or creating your own spc file and enabling it in Ortho4XP.cfg. SPC files guide scenproc on how to create the autogen, and it is difficult to create a general purpose script for all areas of the world (although Arno, the creator of scenproc, told me the provided default.spc is a good general purpose script for most areas of the world).

As to the custom output directory option - great idea. I’ll add that to future features to add (hopefully soon). Not sure if the default Ortho4XP supports this feature (if it does, it may or may not work with the building for FSX/P3D, as I haven’t tried it yet).

Edited by kjjj11223344

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

On 7/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, euroau said:

I left the program to download Ortho over night and when I woke up this morning, not much had happened. It downloaded two OSM files and then was stuck trying to contact the OSM server "after 256 seconds." I've been encountering this issue a lot recently, oddly enough.

Do you have the latest version of the program? It should now show more helpful messages when it gets stuck downloading OSM data. It might take a while as OSM servers throttle the amount of downloads you can do at a time, but I’ve never had the issue where it never finishes. Older versions of the program make it seem like it is stuck when it is actually working.

Alfredo Terrero

11 hours ago, kjjj11223344 said:

Do you have the latest version of the program?

I currently have the distribution released on June 25th. I deleted the old folder before downloading the new one.

I'll try downloading a tile again and let you know how it goes.

10 hours ago, euroau said:

I currently have the distribution released on June 25th. I deleted the old folder before downloading the new one.

I'll try downloading a tile again and let you know how it goes.

Sounds good. If you could let me know which tile it is, I could test it out. The OSM servers limit the size of each file downloaded. Currently, I split each tile into a 16 pieces and download each individually. It could be that for the tile you are downloading, each piece is still too large. In which case, I’ll need to modify the code to split the tile into even more pieces when the download fails (currently it just split it into 16 pieces for every tile).

Alfredo Terrero

15 minutes ago, kjjj11223344 said:

If you could let me know which tile it is, I could test it out.

So, it got a bit further with the OSM downloading this time, however it still got stuck downloading the OSM data (it got through 11 files). The tile I'm trying to download is +37-123.

If this can help in anyway, the Command Prompt says:

Attempting to download OSM data from 37, -122.25 to 37.25, -122.0
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 2 sec...
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 4 sec...
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 8 sec...
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 16 sec...
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 32 sec...
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 64 sec...
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 128 sec...
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 256 sec...
Exception in thread Thread-3:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.py", line 916, in _bootstrap_inner
  File "threading.py", line 864, in run
  File "src\O4_Tile_Utils.py", line 163, in build_tile_list
  File "src\O4_Vector_Map.py", line 44, in build_poly_file
  File "src\O4_Vector_Map.py", line 148, in include_scenproc
TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'int'

Edited by euroau

6 hours ago, euroau said:

So, it got a bit further with the OSM downloading this time, however it still got stuck downloading the OSM data (it got through 11 files). The tile I'm trying to download is +37-123.

If this can help in anyway, the Command Prompt says:

Attempting to download OSM data from 37, -122.25 to 37.25, -122.0
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 2 sec...
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 4 sec...
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 8 sec...
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 16 sec...
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 32 sec...
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 64 sec...
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 128 sec...
        OSM server MAP rejected our query, new tentative in 256 sec...
Exception in thread Thread-3:
  File "src\O4_Tile_Utils.py", line 163, in build_tile_list
  File "src\O4_Vector_Map.py", line 44, in build_poly_file
  File "src\O4_Vector_Map.py", line 148, in include_scenproc
TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'int'

Thanks for the error message, I will check it out.

Alfredo Terrero

On 7/14/2019 at 12:35 PM, kjjj11223344 said:

The low resolution might be fixed by getting a faster drive, or by changing the compression of the generated BGLs. I hope to make the compression option configurable soon.

As to the autogen density, the real fix to this is either modifying the default.spc scenproc file, or creating your own spc file and enabling it in Ortho4XP.cfg. SPC files guide scenproc on how to create the autogen, and it is difficult to create a general purpose script for all areas of the world (although Arno, the creator of scenproc, told me the provided default.spc is a good general purpose script for most areas of the world).

As to the custom output directory option - great idea. I’ll add that to future features to add (hopefully soon). Not sure if the default Ortho4XP supports this feature (if it does, it may or may not work with the building for FSX/P3D, as I haven’t tried it yet).

I have my Scenery on an SSD, so it's plenty fast enough. At a higher ZL that issue goes away

I've been playing around with Scenproc configs and am learning my way around it. There's just a LOT to learn.

Hi folks. Downloaded and installed ortho4xp from the link at the start of the thread, however it's not working. When trying to make geotiffs I get the following error:

Building geotiffs.
------------------

-> Initializing providers with potential data on this tile.
   The orthophoto 10992_16384_BI15.jpg is already present.
   Converting orthophoto(s) to build texture 10992_16384_BI15-WGS84.tif.
Exception in thread Thread-1:
  File "src\O4_Imagery_Utils.py", line 1137, in build_geotiffs
  File "src\O4_Imagery_Utils.py", line 1459, in convert_texture
  File "subprocess.py", line 267, in call
  File "subprocess.py", line 709, in __init__
  File "subprocess.py", line 997, in _execute_child
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

All help gratefully received!

Lambourne

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

17 hours ago, lambourne said:

Hi folks. Downloaded and installed ortho4xp from the link at the start of the thread, however it's not working. When trying to make geotiffs I get the following error:

Building geotiffs.
------------------

Lambourne

I am getting the same error. I downloaded the default Ortho4XP (without fsx/p3d support) and I also get the same error. This makes sense, as I did not touch this part of the code (and the parts of the code I did touch, I added conditional statements to ensure that my new logic would only execute when in fsx/p3d mode).

Can you download the original Ortho4xp and see if you get the same type of error (you should). If so, I will talk to Oscar so we can hopefully fix it in the main Ortho4XP program. I always pull the latest fixes of Ortho4XP into my program, so when he fixes it, I will merge those patches into my fork.

Here is the original Ortho4XP v1.3 - https://github.com/oscarpilote/Ortho4XP

You might try v1.2 ortho4xp - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cjjwu92mausoh04/AACt-QzgMRwKDL392K_Ux3cPa?dl=0. That might not have the same bug.

Alfredo Terrero

11 minutes ago, kjjj11223344 said:

I am getting the same error. I downloaded the default Ortho4XP (without fsx/p3d support) and I also get the same error. This makes sense, as I did not touch this part of the code (and the parts of the code I did touch, I added conditional statements to ensure that my new logic would only execute when in fsx/p3d mode).

https://github.com/oscarpilote/Ortho4XP/issues/85#issuecomment-513562309

Edited by Daikan

20 hours ago, lambourne said:

Building geotiffs.
------------------

Lambourne

Please see this: https://github.com/oscarpilote/Ortho4XP/blob/master/Install_Instructions.txt#L49

You need to have the gdal whl installed into your local python. That fixes the issue.

Unfortunately, the way Oscar wrote the code, it won't work from the .exe file I have provided. However, it works if you open a commnad prompt and run python Ortho4XP_v130.py, as you would run the original Ortho4XP anyway (which doesnt provide an exe). I will investigate to see how to make it work with the prebuilt exe file.

Alfredo Terrero

1 hour ago, kjjj11223344 said:

Please see this: https://github.com/oscarpilote/Ortho4XP/blob/master/Install_Instructions.txt#L49

You need to have the gdal whl installed into your local python. That fixes the issue.

Unfortunately, the way Oscar wrote the code, it won't work from the .exe file I have provided. However, it works if you open a commnad prompt and run python Ortho4XP_v130.py, as you would run the original Ortho4XP anyway (which doesnt provide an exe). I will investigate to see how to make it work with the prebuilt exe file.

Aha. I'm running from your exe and compiling my own binaries is beyond my skills. Is there anything I can do, bearing that in mind, to fix this?

I have assumed that my general lack of success with Ortho4XP (Ortho4P3D, should we call this??) was because of the create geotiff problem. Despite running the exe and following the instructional video you posted back towards the beginning of the thread, I'm not getting any bgl or scenery/texture folders in the output, just files I assume are for Xplane.

I'm happy to help write a basic noob's guide or step-by-step for getting this version up and running if I get that far!

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

28 minutes ago, lambourne said:

Aha. I'm running from your exe and compiling my own binaries is beyond my skills.

You don't have to compile anything - that's the whole point with Python scripts. To be able to run the .py you just need to install a Python runtime and a few modules as described in the official Ortho4XP installation manual.