Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

Is it possible to think of a version for FS2004 ?... by replacing resample.exe with the right executable ... and some minor modifications 😇

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

On 8/20/2019 at 6:37 PM, fat######79 said:

I just wanted to post some of my results. I have to run 2 passes with ScenProc because I have multiple data sources for GIS, but I think it looks great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Syziz2pNU

Looks pretty good. Could you provide the script you used? What do you used as autogen source OpenStreetmap? Thank you!

Greets

Nytro

Edited by Nytro

After months I just tried Ortho4XP with the Sceneproc plugin and I am so happy with the results! The scenery I got is amazing, beyond what I was hoping for.

Now does someone know if the annoying bug of the impossible multiple zoom levels been solved (a few months back you couldn’t add some zones with better ZL because the water masks wouldn’t be created)?

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 2:11 PM, Karelpatch said:

After months I just tried Ortho4XP with the Sceneproc plugin and I am so happy with the results! The scenery I got is amazing, beyond what I was hoping for.

Now does someone know if the annoying bug of the impossible multiple zoom levels been solved (a few months back you couldn’t add some zones with better ZL because the water masks wouldn’t be created)?

What do you mean. Which bug is this and what are the steps to reproduce it, so I can attempt to fix it.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

On 8/20/2019 at 2:24 PM, lagaffe said:

Is it possible to think of a version for FS2004 ?... by replacing resample.exe with the right executable ... and some minor modifications 😇

I actually began work on this. However, I have hit a roadblock because resample for FS9 is more different than I had expected, and I am not very experienced the file structure required for water masking for FS9. If you have an example project with water masking for FS9 that I could take a look at, it would help me a lot at the place I am currently stuck at.

Alfredo Terrero

I just fixed a bug which prevented water masks from working properly with certain providers. Please redownload to obtain this fix. BTW, how can I have a "sticky" topic on the first page in order to announce what my latest bug fixes/feature additions have been?

Alfredo Terrero

Hey,
This is absolutely amazing. Just one problem I noticed, is that night textures suck. How would I get them without those light effects? I'd really rather have them completely dark during night time, than my lonely forest looking like New York.

This message appears after last update.
ERROR: file  Earth nav data\+30+020\+38+023.dsf absent. Recall that the overlay source directory needs to be set in the config window first.
Batch process completed in 1h13m2sec

Panos Georgotas

Hello all, 

I have made some islands with both - SbuilderX and Ortho4xp (P3D version) and have some blue/tropical like water around the islands that I'd like to remove and instead have the ortho water transition into the P3D deep blue water. I have tried increasing the mask width in O4XP with not much help.

https://prnt.sc/p63x3i
Could someone shed some light into why it does this and how to get around it? Perhaps some sort of exclusion zone?

Many thanks in advance.

-PEACE FARM

13 hours ago, peacefarm said:

Hello all, 

I have made some islands with both - SbuilderX and Ortho4xp (P3D version) and have some blue/tropical like water around the islands that I'd like to remove and instead have the ortho water transition into the P3D deep blue water. I have tried increasing the mask width in O4XP with not much help.

https://prnt.sc/p63x3i
Could someone shed some light into why it does this and how to get around it? Perhaps some sort of exclusion zone?

Many thanks in advance.

-PEACE FARM

A more clear example ... notice the banding and light color. 

http://prntscr.com/p6a70l

Edited by peacefarm

Hello

I would like to load ortho4xp 1.3 with Python but get a error. 
if I deactivate "from fast_image_mask import *" in O4_ESP_Utils.py the program starts normally. 
I have python 3.7.0 with all liberies installed. Without "fast_image_mask" the season will not be executed ... error message. 

what can I change in the code or missing a dll?

Kind Regards 

Ramon

Hi

Everything works perfect now. Changed the Python Version to 3.6.6. 

Now all Directorys are resampled with one Line of Code changing.

Kind Regards

Ramon

@ kjjj11223344

Hello,

I have created orthosceneries for X-plane by means of ortho4xp 1.30 and I have still the JPGs in Orthophotos folder, plus Elevation_data, Masks and OSM_data.

I have already copied these folders to Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D-master folder

Can I use them to create the same for P3D without going from the whole process since the satellite images download?

Thank you!

Edited by Cirodi

Been making some Ortho4p3d - just qurious - what´s the reason for that it´s downloading .bmp instead of jpeg like the native ortho4xp software? 
One ZL18 image file becomes roughly 48Mb instead of around 2.5Mb when using jpeg. Possible to change some config file so it downloads jpeg´s and converts them instead to bring the final .bgl files sizes down a bit?