Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

Hi, Thanks for the program. I have it running and want to make sure it is processing. Two of the blue progress bars are fiiled and the black window has the last line as:

Starting ESP queue with a max of 8 processes. *Resample windows will open minimized to the task bar. This process will take a while... you will be notified when finished

Completed in 23m5sec.

The curser - is blinking.

It has been at least one hour. I assume this is normal. If not, please let me know. Thanks.

stopped the ortho program and restarted. Now I see the resampling being processed.  Looking forward to the results as present FSET user. 

23 hours ago, Cirodi said:

@ kjjj11223344

Hello,

I have created orthosceneries for X-plane by means of ortho4xp 1.30 and I have still the JPGs in Orthophotos folder, plus Elevation_data, Masks and OSM_data.

I have already copied these folders to Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D-master folder

Can I use them to create the same for P3D without going from the whole process since the satellite images download?

Thank you!

It seems that it uses all but the JPGs, because it downloads the same images in BMP format.

Why BMP ? 

Did I miss some setting?

6 hours ago, Cirodi said:

It seems that it uses all but the JPGs, because it downloads the same images in BMP format.

Why BMP ? 

Did I miss some setting?

SOLVED

Been making a few tiles now! 
Reason why it uses bmp is because P3D SDK´s resample cant handle jpeg´s sadly! 
One thing I cant get to work is seasons - guess it depends on the source? Summer, fall, spring and winter images needs to be available right? 
One other issue Im trying to sort is how to mask out default airport areas etc since the alignment between default airports and the ortho scenery rarely match up so u get dual rw´s, taxiways etc. Ideas?

Hello, i cant make the program make BGL´s and AGN files at the same time, is it a bug or something i missed ?

On 9/11/2019 at 11:01 AM, PanosG said:

This message appears after last update.
ERROR: file  Earth nav data\+30+020\+38+023.dsf absent. Recall that the overlay source directory needs to be set in the config window first.
Batch process completed in 1h13m2sec

It works for me after opening the scenproc script (default.spc) in scenproc and saved it.

I Have to make the Tile 2 times, the first time with only resample.exe to get the BGL files and the second time with ScenProc added to the Ortho4xp.cfg to get the AGN files.

When scenproc and the resample is added together in CFG the resample on starts for 1 sec then disapears when ScenProc is starting up.

Hello,

If I stop the bgl compiling, is it possible to resume it later? When I restart the process it starts compiling everything from the beginning...

When I try manually with resample, I get an error because night bmp are not available...
Thanks 

Still running into the same bug from months back: 

When I choose the option for a higher ZL around airports, the high ZL BMP and INF are created but they are not compiled. If I want to compile myself, I run into the issue I was talking about earlier: I get an error message that the night textures don’t exist. I haven’t tried to put night=false in the config file but this should probably do the trick.

It would really be great if everything was compiled as requested from the start. 

Any tips are welcome!!

Edited by Karelpatch
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 4:43 PM, kjjj11223344 said:

What do you mean. Which bug is this and what are the steps to reproduce it, so I can attempt to fix it.

Hello and sorry for answering months later!!

The bug I’m talking about happens when you want to create a higher ZL custom zone inside a tile and there are water masks involved. 
For example if you choose ZL16 for your tile and want to define a custom zone with ZL18 within this tile and this zone has water, Ortho4XP is going to create water masks for ZL16 but not for ZL18. So you will end up with no water in the custom ZL18 zone.

The only workaround I found a while back is a real pain:

- Create the ZL16 base tile + custom ZL18. 

- Save a copy of the ZL18 BMP in another folder (so you know which BMP files you’ll need to keep that cover your custom zone) and delete all their .inf files.

- Download a new complete ZL18 tile, no need to compile. This way you have the correct .inf files with correct water mask informations.

- Move all the .inf files to the ZL18 copy folder containing only the custom zone. This way you can compile the relevant BMP files. 

On 9/21/2019 at 1:51 AM, Cirodi said:

Why BMP ? 

Did I miss some setting?

@cirodi I thank you for posting the same question I have had.
I might consider batch processing the entire JPG folders to BMP. using actions in Photoshop.

Questions

1. What does the Tiles folders do for Ortho4P3D actually do?
    Each tile when selecting Build for ESP FSX/P3D creates a Addon Scenery folder within the Orthophotos folder for which you add this to your P3D Scenery Library.
    containing
    Scenery {containing BGLs}
    Textures {Empty}
  2. Does the BGLs contain Mesh and Water mask info as well as Scenproc autogen all in that 1 Folder?

Just questioning about the Mesh generation really.

I'm finding that there are strips of missing photoscenery at the vertical junctions of two tiles, several miles wide, and extending north/ south along several tiles. Any possible explanations?

Petraeus