Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

On 12/26/2019 at 12:46 AM, theskyisthelimit said:

Finally digging into this portion, but, is the replacing of the @o@ like this with the at symbols and no quotes or does it need quotes..?  This folder also has subfolders in it:

@P:\Program Files (x86)\Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D-master\OSM_data\+40-080@ 

EDIT: i changed it to this style:

IMPORTOGR|P:\Program Files (x86)\Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D-master\OSM_data\+40-090\+40-081\*|*|building;landuse;natural;leisure|NOREPROJ   (and afterwards no texture files are in the folder)

Same thing with @1@ is it like this :

@P:\Program Files (x86)\Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D-master\Orthophotos\+40-080\BI_17\ADDON_SCENERY\texture\@

And this must be modified for each tile? Or has that changed in recent versions?

If you’re going to manually run SceneProc, you need to take the @ out and just write the paths you needs. Out of curiosity, why are you trying to run it manually? Please let me know if you need more help.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

On 12/26/2019 at 1:47 AM, theskyisthelimit said:

Has anyone ran into this error before:

Caught exception: Ortho4XP_v130.exe: RegistryKeyLookupFailed `CoderModulesPath' @ error/module.c/GetMagickModulePath/665

Seems to be after it attempts to run resample.exe (i have the correct path, but now since i upgraded versions of ortho4xp it seems its not popping up and running)?  At least on the error above, i think its because i didnt run the ImageMagick setup first (new clean OS)

edit: after resample(s) ran for a while it gave me this error :

invalid command name ".!ortho4xp_earth_preview.!frame2.!canvas"

Please install ImageMagick using the provided executables in the “dist” directory and the error will go away. If you don’t do that, then night and scenery creation won’t work.

Alfredo Terrero

Apologies for not being able to answer all questions. Extremely busy with school at the moment. I plan to fix bugs and hope to add FS9 support as time permits :).

Edited by kjjj11223344

Alfredo Terrero

Is it possible to have custom zoom levels? It's been asked many times in this thread but there has been no answer from the developer. I guess that answers it...

On 2/16/2020 at 6:01 PM, Kaan KASIM said:

Is it possible to have custom zoom levels? It's been asked many times in this thread but there has been no answer from the developer. I guess that answers it...

This would be extremely important to me as well, as my main intent is to create sat pics for add-on airports that don't come with them. Tried it with an airport in the northern region of Japan (RJER), and the result was very promising!

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Hello

Run and completed.

But ADDON_SCENERY\texture was empty.

What have I done wrong?

Running ScenProc... Run the below command on each file in this directory if you want to run scenProc manually:
D:\\Tools\\P3D_etc\\P3D_Ortho4XP\\scenProc\\scenProc.exe D:\Tools\P3D_etc\P3D_Ortho4XP\ScenProc_configs\default.spc /run D:\Tools\P3D_etc\P3D_Ortho4XP\OSM_data\+50-010\+50-006\scenproc_osm_data\scenproc_osm_data0_0.osm D:\Tools\P3D_etc\P3D_Ortho4XP\Orthophotos\+50-010\+50-006\BI_16\ADDON_SCENERY\texture
Starting ESP queue with a max of 8 processes. *Resample windows will open minimized to the task bar. This process will take a while... you will be notified when finished

--  Ortho4XP.cfg  ---

verbosity=1
cleaning_level=1
overpass_server_choice=DE
skip_downloads=False
skip_converts=False
max_convert_slots=4
check_tms_response=True
http_timeout=10.0
max_connect_retries=5
max_baddata_retries=5
ovl_exclude_pol=[0]
ovl_exclude_net=[]
custom_scenery_dir=
custom_overlay_src=
road_level=1
road_banking_limit=0.5
max_levelled_segs=100000
min_area=0.001
max_area=200
clean_bad_geometries=True
mesh_zl=19
curvature_tol=2.0
apt_curv_tol=0.5
apt_curv_ext=0.5
coast_curv_tol=1.0
coast_curv_ext=0.5
limit_tris=0
hmin=0.0
min_angle=10.0
apt_smoothing_pix=8
sea_smoothing_mode=zero
water_smoothing=10
iterate=0
mask_zl=16
masks_width=100
masking_mode=sand
use_masks_for_inland=False
masks_use_DEM_too=False
masks_custom_extent=
cover_airports_with_highres=False
cover_extent=1.0
cover_zl=18
ratio_water=0.25
overlay_lod=25000.0
sea_texture_blur=0.0
add_low_res_sea_ovl=False
experimental_water=0
normal_map_strength=1.0
terrain_casts_shadows=True
use_decal_on_terrain=False
ESP_resample_loc=D:\\Program_Files\\Prepar3Dv4SDK\\World\\Terrain\\resample.exe
ESP_scenproc_loc=D:\\Tools\\P3D_etc\\P3D_Ortho4XP\\scenProc\\scenProc.exe
ESP_scenproc_script=default.spc
max_resample_processes=8
create_ESP_night=True
create_ESP_summer=True
create_ESP_spring=False
create_ESP_fall=False
create_ESP_winter=False
create_ESP_hard_winter=False

Edited by simtokuo2

Hi guys,

thanks to the creator of this software!!! nice work!

i have three questions:

1) any chance of changing the size of the tiles within the tiles collection window? i would like to have the half size of it...

2) is there a list of which source the imagery setting is? (GO=google earth, BI=bing maps,etc. ...)?

3) if i followed the last posts correctly, the autogen option is still no implemented? at this point autogen has to be done seperately and afterwards (e.g. with scenproc)?

thanks you!

HELLO TO ALL,

WHEN I ADD ZL17 OR ZL18 AREA AND FOR EXAMPLE I DO AN ALL IN ONE WITH 16 AT THE END THE RESAMPLE CONVERT ONLY THE MAIN. THE ZL17 AND ZL18 ARE NOT CONVERTED! THERE ARE A VERSION THAT WORK WHIT THIS DIFFERENT ZONE? OR ANY KIND OF CONFIGURATION?

THANKS

On 1/20/2020 at 1:00 AM, kjjj11223344 said:

Please install ImageMagick using the provided executables in the “dist” directory and the error will go away. If you don’t do that, then night and scenery creation won’t work.

HELLO , CONGRATULATION FOR THIS FANTASTIC WORK

WHEN I ADD ZL17 OR ZL18 AREA AND FOR EXAMPLE I DO AN ALL IN ONE WITH 16 AT THE END THE RESAMPLE CONVERT ONLY THE MAIN. THE ZL17 AND ZL18 ARE NOT CONVERTED! THERE ARE A VERSION THAT WORK WHIT THIS DIFFERENT ZONE? OR ANY KIND OF CONFIGURATION?

THANKS

I just downloaded this and installed the Plymouth area based on the video provided in forum (forgot name of person that posted it) GOT 2 questions since I never owned Xplane.

1. in order to put in orthos throughout different areas like las vegas, socal, Hawaii, norcal, Washington, etc etc etc....Do I have to download the Xplane 11 orthos from an Ortho site, or does this package represent any place I want to overlay?

2. Can I delete and get rid of my ORBX Global and ALL my Orbx OPEN LC Addons ? 

• Like 1

Did anyone manage to get an improved Scenproc config for generating more buildings and trees, specifically for Europe? 🙂

I can't seem to get this to work.

I ran it on 1 tile; got bunch of autogen files in textures; load it up in P3D V4 and nothing -- all I get is the ortho tile and zero autogen buildings/trees/roads.

Any thoughts?

I've posted over on ScenProc forum and Arno says my log is fine.

UPDATE

AH.

I figured it out -- it's OSM.

I started looking at OSM files that were downloaded for Scenproc and one of them (area where I am at) has literally nothing; no houses, trees, buildings, roads, etc. I then opened another OSM (it downloaded 4 of them) and it had everything; OSM looked normal. I loaded P3D to that airport in area and there were buildings.

I'm seeing notice on OSM Java app that they are overloaded--wondering if that's why my OSM data is messed up.

UPDATE #2

So. Just 1 tile -- had 4 OSM files downloaded in scenproc_osm_data; 2 of the 4 have zilch -- no houses, buildings, trees while the other 2 do.

Any thoughts?

Tile I'm doing is +30-082 -- this is Jacksonville, FL which is insanely populated.

UPDATE #3

Tried another tile and exactly same issue -- 1 scenproc OSM has nothing in it; 2nd has everything, 3rd nothing, 4th everything.

Not really sure what to do at this point.

UPDATE #4

It turns out that the issue is folder--at some point it only downloaded 4 OSM files for scenproc; until I deleted folder the Ortho4XP run would just proceed after seeing there are files (instead of realizing there wasn't enough of them.)

I deleted folder; re-ran and now I'm up to about 11 OSM files (still downloading sections.)

All is well; just need to find better autogen script for Scenproc.

Edited by Ither

CEO | Walker Air Transport | walkerair.us