Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

is there a fix for this problem? i have the same problem with new and clean install.

10x

(ESP_build_dir is None inside of resample... something went wrong, so can't run resample_

Hi,

I tested Orth4XP recently and managed to compile a sizeable photoreal area with it.  I could not get the scenprog component to run though. Did anyone successfully get autogen annotations with it?  What does it employ, OSM data or does it analyze the phototiles?  Is it supposed to get executed after the DFM processing?  Where does it write the AGN files?  Sorry for the questions...

The parallel instancing of resample does not work! I tried that years ago.  Since resample locks resources only one instance can run concurrently. If you can manage to start several instances, all of them wait except the one which gets a time slice for execution.    I think it is a very very old code - it opens the file and locks it, reads a small bit, and the writes to the target file, all in very small increments and even seems to wait, doing nothing, this is why it takes forever.  I already asked LM to look into an update if possible.  

If I may I would like to suggest that resampling could be checked before execution (like the download), wether the target file is already present and skip it if the check is positive.  2   

Cheers,
Mark

@kjjj11223344 first, thanks for this amazing tool. I have been generating tiles in Europe, mostly Germany to start and have a quick question that I don't think I saw in the 20 some pages of this thread...sorry if I missed it.

In some areas, for example looking at tile (I think) +53+014 -- basically on the Baltic coast at the border between Germany and Poland, I found the EUR data source the best. However, it downloads tiles from two sources - ARC and PL. This creates two subfolders for the imagery. However, the ESP resample process only runs on one of those folders, it never ships the others to resample. I can feed them to resample manually I suppose, but wondered if there's something I can do in the GUI or CFG file to fix that?

The same happens when I want to use the feature where I download higher ZL around a city or airport for example, a second imagery folder is created (like BI16 and BI17), but I only get BGLs for the BI16 source.

I can work around this by running the whole tile at 16 and at 17 and manually replacing the tiles, but that's time consuming. Any thoughts you may have on this would be great, or if it is just a limitation, I will try to figure out how to automate sending the second folder to resample. Thanks!

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

On 5/7/2020 at 1:21 PM, roger_wilco_66 said:

The parallel instancing of resample does not work!

FWIW it is working for me using the resample from the v5 SDK. I have the ortho4xp cfg file set to run the number of samples that I have logical processors (6 for me) and six run at a time and each thread occupies 100% of a core.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

One thing still needs to be answered: Are custom zoom levels possible? When I configure it accordingly, ortho4xp-p2d downloads the right BPMs but it doesn't seem like they're being compiled into the bgls.

Daniel

For the guys having problems with scenproc and osm. Have you tried other sources who provide shape files (shp) like geofabrik and then tried to make an own config file and running scenproc manually? I had the same problems but then I could make decent autogen for the Tampa Bay area. Unfortunately good content for Lake Havasu is nonexistent.

For those of you that are having trouble with resample and scenproc running.  Here is what I had to do.

But first a little explanation on why:

running programs from within other programs usually involves cmd.  But cmd does not like spaces in the cmd to be run. so setting the Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D.cfg files to

ESP_resample_loc=F:\\Program Files\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.5.14.34698\\World\\Terrain\\resample.exe
ESP_scenproc_loc=F:\\Program Files\\scenproc_latest_development_release_x64\\scenProc.exe

will have issues running. See the F:\\Program Files - Program then a space then Files. Does not work.  You need to quote these long pathnames with spaces, but adding quotes in the cfg file is not what you want to do.

@kjjj11223344 The python program code in O4_ESP_Utils.py should change

You can leave in the @0@ and @1@ in the default.spc files so it spawns the proper files.

If you are brave and backup that file make the following change: (you are basically going to add the quotes in the code)

near line 222

# TODO: cleanup processes when main program quits
def worker(queue):
    # """Process files from the queue."""
    for args in iter(queue.get, None):
        try:
            file_name = args[0]
            inf_abs_path = \"args[1]\"

and near line 265

def run_scenproc_threaded(queue):
    # """Process files from the queue."""
    for args in iter(queue.get, None):
        try:
            scenproc_script_file = \"args[0]\"
            scenproc_osm_file = \"args[1]\"
            texture_folder = \"args[2]\"
            spawn_scenproc_process(scenproc_script_file, scenproc_osm_file, texture_folder)
        except Exception as e: # catch exceptions to avoid exiting the
                               # thread prematurely
            print('%r failed: %s' % (args, e,))

WARNING: if you don't understand python and the important thing about indentation - you can mess up the code so make a backup of this file.

The \" basically adds quotes around the things to run the resample command and scenproc.  This is what it looks like in my case without quotes and with

F:\Program Files\scenproc_latest_development_release_x64\scenProc.exe F:\default.spc /run F:\Program Files\Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D\OSM_data\+40-090\+43-082\scenproc_osm_data\scenproc_osm_data0_0.osm F:\Program Files\Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D\Orthophotos\+40-090\+43-082\BI_12\ADDON_SCENERY\texture

What happens is at the first space the cmd thinks it's done and there is no such program as F:\Program it needs to be quoted.

"F:\Program Files\scenproc_latest_development_release_x64\scenProc.exe" "F:\default.spc" /run "F:\Program Files\Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D\OSM_data\+40-090\+43-082\scenproc_osm_data\scenproc_osm_data0_0.osm" "F:\Program Files\Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D\Orthophotos\+40-090\+43-082\BI_12\ADDON_SCENERY\texture"

People that do things like make simple folder names without spaces don't have this issue and the program just works.

Oh and since this is trying to run a program - windows does not like that security wise so run Ortho4x as admin too.

Anyways this helped me.  Thanks for the fantastic program for P3D

You should see many windows running resample and scenproc all at the same time

screenshot

Edited by ronh99
sp
  • Like 2

On 9/21/2019 at 3:49 PM, Cirodi said:

SOLVED

what did you do? i have the same problem, 10x

On 5/22/2020 at 6:28 PM, 1282552 said:

what did you do? i have the same problem, 10x

I also have a ton of Orthos from my X-Plane installation, so looking around and collecting info from other posts this is what I did:

Copy your XP Orthos into the Ortho4XP-FSXP3D "Orthophotos" folder

Google "reduce_imagery.py" it belongs to Oscar, the Original author of the tool and download it.

Have Python 3.7 installed (not sure if it´s compatible with other versions)

Edit the file and replace "jpg" with "bmp" in line 33

Paste the file in the Ortho FSX folder where the BI_16 folder is located (if used Bing and ZL16, if not replace it with the proper string)

open a cmd window in that folder and type "py reduce_imagery.py BI_16 16" it will convert all the jpg files into (new) bmp files inside that folder

Run Ortho4XP-FSXP3D, it will skip the Ortho Download automatically since the files are already there

In my machine it takes aprox 10 minutes to generate an FSX tile based on existing BMPs

Regards

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 9:17 AM, 1282552 said:

is there a fix for this problem? i have the same problem with new and clean install.

10x

(ESP_build_dir is None inside of resample... something went wrong, so can't run resample_

Hi, edit your Ortho4XP.log please.

On 2/16/2020 at 12:01 PM, Kaan KASIM said:

Is it possible to have custom zoom levels? It's been asked many times in this thread but there has been no answer from the developer. I guess that answers it...

Not currently 🙂. Possibly in the future. I am basically working non stop from now until July ish, but after that. I will have a lot more free time to work on ortho4fsx. Plan to fix a lot of bugs and add some features a lot of people want. Not sure how doable custom zoom levels are for FSX. I never had the need for this, so I didn’t look into it. I might take a crack at it when my schedule frees up :).

• Like 1

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

On 3/12/2020 at 7:27 PM, simtokuo2 said:

Hi

The problem has been resolved.

create_ESP_night=True -> create_ESP_night=False

If this fixed your problem, it means you did not install imagemagick most probably. Please try to install that. Unless you don’t care about the night/seasonal textures (which need a lot of work IMO). In which case, no need to install imagemagick.

Alfredo Terrero

On 3/17/2020 at 6:27 AM, r_flo15 said:

Hi guys,

thanks to the creator of this software!!! nice work!

i have three questions:

1) any chance of changing the size of the tiles within the tiles collection window? i would like to have the half size of it...

2) is there a list of which source the imagery setting is? (GO=google earth, BI=bing maps,etc. ...)?

3) if i followed the last posts correctly, the autogen option is still no implemented? at this point autogen has to be done seperately and afterwards (e.g. with scenproc)?

thanks you!

Glad you enjoy it!

1) not currently

2) I don’t have a link for you, but I’m sure there are lists with this on the internet, especially ortho4xp sites. You can also go to the Providers folder and open each .lay file in a text editor. That will have the source that the file is pulling from.

3) if you set it up as per the readme on github, the program will call sceneproc automatically and generate autogen for you.

Alfredo Terrero

On 3/17/2020 at 1:58 PM, bredok said:

HELLO , CONGRATULATION FOR THIS FANTASTIC WORK

WHEN I ADD ZL17 OR ZL18 AREA AND FOR EXAMPLE I DO AN ALL IN ONE WITH 16 AT THE END THE RESAMPLE CONVERT ONLY THE MAIN. THE ZL17 AND ZL18 ARE NOT CONVERTED! THERE ARE A VERSION THAT WORK WHIT THIS DIFFERENT ZONE? OR ANY KIND OF CONFIGURATION?

THANKS

This is currently not supported. Maybe in the future I will work on it as many people have asked for it.

Alfredo Terrero