Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Ortho4XP for FSX/P3D

5 hours ago, timreddish said:

gudday Im using P3Dv5.1 is this compatible with ortho4xp1.30?

The bgl files you make with ortho4xp for p3d are fully compatible with all versions of p3d and fsx.

Small print: If you want to make it theoretically better for v5, use the resample.exe file from the v5 sdk. Never noticed any difference between versions, but they seem to be different sizes etc so it’s possible (though unlikely) that something was changed.

I do most of my flying in v5.1, and 100% of my flying over ortho, absolutely no compatibility problems and none would be expected.

More specifically, p3d has had a problem with blurry ortho rendering in the past. This was fixed late in v4’s run (around v4.4, i think from memory), and v5 does a great job of rendering orthoscenery under challenging conditions.

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Hello,

I used ortho4xp as author described to use, but after all process, I have no .bgl files and no "Addon scenery" folder. Any ideas what I do wrong?

Thanks to everyone involved in brining Ortho4XP to P3D. I'm experiencing amazing results in P3D 5.1 w/ EA and the VR experience is sublime!

One question... I unchecked Ortho4XP night masks because I'm unhappy with the way they look (farmland lit up). Night-time land class bleeds through at night (as desired), but gradually disappears up close. Any way to permanently tweak things so when Ortho4XP night masks are unchecked that:

a: Ortho4XP tiles allow night time land class to show through completely ?

or

b: Ortho4XP tiles completely block night time land class ?

Otherwise I'm looking at making a bgl to change underlying land class to textures without night masks

On 4/8/2021 at 9:33 AM, FluidToRadiator said:

Hello,

I used ortho4xp as author described to use, but after all process, I have no .bgl files and no "Addon scenery" folder. Any ideas what I do wrong?

Please post your Ortho4XP.cfg file here.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Announcement - I have updated the latest program to support the "Write App Cfg" button, as well as fixed an incorrect error message that was confusing people. Download at the usual link: https://github.com/stackTom/Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

I am also working on adding automatic water masking and scenproc integration to FSEarthTiles, which I believe is better for fsx and p3d than ortho4xp.

Alfredo Terrero

18 hours ago, kjjj11223344 said:

I am also working on adding automatic water masking and scenproc integration to FSEarthTiles, which I believe is better for fsx and p3d than ortho4xp.

Wow amazing, I am using a method for water masking using QGIS, a manual process with good results (some adjustments are still necessary), however your work will be better. I would like to know if I can help you to test.

Regards,

Walter

• Like 1

Walter Almaraz

4.jpg

23 minutes ago, Walter Almaraz said:

Wow amazing, I am using a method for water masking using QGIS, a manual process with good results (some adjustments are still necessary), however your work will be better. I would like to know if I can help you to test.

Regards,

Walter

I have a small group of beta testers. I’ll send you a PM.

• Like 1

Alfredo Terrero

I have update FSEarthTiles to now support automatic water mask and seasons creation. I believe this is a much better suited program for FSX, P3D, and FS2004 than Ortho4xp for fsx/p3d as it produces better quality images and is more versatile. Check it out here 

Alfredo Terrero

Hello,
I wonder if I can put out a call for advice please?

I have the latest version of Ortho4 P3d installed and I've changed the config to point to resample.exe.
However, each time I compile the scenery, including to tick build for ESP and batch build,
everything goes through it's motions but I'm getting no add on scenery folder produced in the orthophotos folder.

Here's a little extract from my config file....

terrain_casts_shadows=True
use_decal_on_terrain=False
ESP_resample_loc=C:\\P3dOrthoResample\\resample.exe
ESP_scenproc_loc=C:\\Users\\fery2\\Desktop\\scenproc_latest_development_release_x64\\scenProc.exe
ESP_scenproc_script=default.spc
max_resample_processes=8
create_ESP_night=True
create_ESP_summer=True
create_ESP_spring=False
create_ESP_fall=False
create_ESP_winter=False
create_ESP_hard_winter=False

Any suggestions please?
Best....  Phil

I had that problem when I didn't have the CFG pointing to the right location for resample.exe

If you're still having the problem, you could double-check the location is correct by right-clicking while holding the SHIFT button and selecting Copy as Path from the menu, then pasting into your CFG and making sure to add an extra slash in the address. Might not be the problem in your case, but I constantly overlook simple things like almost having the right address.

On 8/17/2021 at 6:17 AM, philmurfin said:

Hello,
I wonder if I can put out a call for advice please?

I have the latest version of Ortho4 P3d installed and I've changed the config to point to resample.exe.
However, each time I compile the scenery, including to tick build for ESP and batch build,
everything goes through it's motions but I'm getting no add on scenery folder produced in the orthophotos folder.

Here's a little extract from my config file....

terrain_casts_shadows=True
use_decal_on_terrain=False
ESP_resample_loc=C:\\P3dOrthoResample\\resample.exe
ESP_scenproc_loc=C:\\Users\\fery2\\Desktop\\scenproc_latest_development_release_x64\\scenProc.exe
ESP_scenproc_script=default.spc
max_resample_processes=8
create_ESP_night=True
create_ESP_summer=True
create_ESP_spring=False
create_ESP_fall=False
create_ESP_winter=False
create_ESP_hard_winter=False

Any suggestions please?
Best....  Phil

Does anyone know if it's possible to customize the Ortho4XP for P3D process? For example, I like the water and land masks, but not the terrain it downloads and how it messes with the airport terrain. It would also be nice to download USGS orthophotos instead of Bing, as USGS data is very good and rarely has clouds. I'd ask at the Ortho4XP site, but it seems to be just for XPlane.

Edited by crushnik

On 7/16/2018 at 5:33 AM, aussibob1 said:

Hi kjjj

This program has the potential to be a real game changer for P3D but I am having problems getting it to work right.

1)   Python3.5 and all required packages are installed correctly

2)   resample.exe is in place

3)   ortho4xp.cfg modifiedas instructed to locate resample.exe

4)   latest version of your program in use and ortho4xp_v130.exe  from the dist folder runs without errors and outputs "stuff" (see d) and e) below).

BUT

a)   there is no sign of "Build for ESP" an a check box

b)   BGLs are not created/output to the orthophotos folder  

c)   there is no sign of an ADDON_SCENERY folder

d)  the orthophotos folder contains downloaded orthoimagery JPGs 

e)   the tiles folder contains (for area +49-001:

earth nav data folder

terrain folder containing .TER files

textures folder containing DDS and PNG files

ortho4xp_+49-001.cfg

Data+49-001.mesh

Data+49-001.poly

Data+49-001.node

Data+49-001.alt

Data+49-001.apt

What have I done wrong???

Aussibob

Sounds like you're using Orth4XP, not Ortho4 P3D

http://www.ruscool.co.nzBanner_MJC5.png05_10_2012_14_25_54_C-GLXV_New_Paint_Apr

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.

On 7/23/2018 at 9:08 AM, capitancanarias said:

Hii ! someone could post a screenshot of your ortho4xp.cfg file, I'd appreciate it. Thank you very much for the help

Watch the video

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.

On 7/24/2018 at 5:33 AM, capitancanarias said:

ortho4xp only work in p3dv4? because i have p3dv3 , maybe It does not work for me.

Watch the video