Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

FSLABS - A320 - Thrust Lever Position

Hi all

My minimum PFC  throttle position rests at the Climb detent the VC  and my max physical throttle positon is the TOGA detent. 

How do I set the throttles up using FSUIIC to make my minimum PFC throttle position rest at Idle in the VC ? 

Cheers

29 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Hi all

My minimum PFC  throttle position rests at the Climb detent the VC  and my max physical throttle positon is the TOGA detent. 

How do I set the throttles up using FSUIIC to make my minimum PFC throttle position rest at Idle in the VC ? 

Cheers

You have to set that all up in the aircraft using the MCDU.  Page 3 of 'Options' and then 'Controls' and 'Thrust Levers'.  You will have to set detent zones for each throttle gate position.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

While we are on the topic of FSL flight controls, I have a separate tiller. I use it with my PMDG planes via fsuipc. Is this possible under FSL? 

Eric 

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

While we are on the topic of FSL flight controls, I have a separate tiller. I use it with my PMDG planes via fsuipc. Is this possible under FSL? 

Yes, run mine Airbus style tiller on all PMDG and FSL A3xx and most of my other airplanes , setup via FSUIPC

Edited by westman
  • Like 1

I use the twist axis on my joystick with the ‘steering set’ axis in FSUIPC. Works well. No need to faff about pressing buttons as once you let go it self centres. 

Edited by Airline2Sim

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

8 hours ago, Flic1 said:

You have to set that all up in the aircraft using the MCDU.  Page 3 of 'Options' and then 'Controls' and 'Thrust Levers'.  You will have to set detent zones for each throttle gate position.

Thanks

i have set the detents as per the manual,  but this has created a new problem. I have set my CLimb detent about halfway up my physical throttle unit and the Fwd Idle detent at the bottom stop position.  The problem is, there is no smooth travel of the VC thrust leavers between the Fwd Idle and CLimb detents. The VC thrust levers just snap from Idle to climb as I move my physical levers to the CLimb position which makes command of the lower thrust range for taxi impossible. 

I’m using FSUIPC and have disabled my P3D controller settings - as for all my other aircraft 

43 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Thanks

i have set the detents as per the manual,  but this has created a new problem. I have set my CLimb detent about halfway up my physical throttle unit and the Fwd Idle detent at the bottom stop position.  The problem is, there is no smooth travel of the VC thrust leavers between the Fwd Idle and CLimb detents. The VC thrust levers just snap from Idle to climb as I move my physical levers to the CLimb position which makes command of the lower thrust range for taxi impossible. 

I’m using FSUIPC and have disabled my P3D controller settings - as for all my other aircraft 

I use a Saitek throttle but my climb detent is also about in the middle.  It sounds like you have the ranges too close together for CL and Idle.  These are my settings:

Fwd Idle: -1.00/.97

CL:  .02/.34

FLX MCT: .55/.81

TOGA:  .97/1

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Thanks

Remember Erich, you are only setting the detents themselves with the settings in the MCDU.  You are Not setting the lever travel.  Your numbers should be very close together for just the area that you want to be the actual detent.  Just enough so it will be comfortable to catch the detent. If the numbers are too close, you will be missing the detent and have a difficult time with it.  If the numbers are too far away from each other you will take up the whole travel with the detents and not have any smooth travel, or not enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, signmanbob said:

Remember Erich, you are only setting the detents themselves with the settings in the MCDU.  You are Not setting the lever travel.  Your numbers should be very close together for just the area that you want to be the actual detent.  Just enough so it will be comfortable to catch the detent. If the numbers are too close, you will be missing the detent and have a difficult time with it.  If the numbers are too far away from each other you will take up the whole travel with the detents and not have any smooth travel, or not enough.

Thank-you both

i’ll review in the morning and let you know

thanks again 

The settings suggested above by Flic1 are spot-on ! for me !!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Have had marginal success. The detents work but I seem to have a nul zone between Fwd Idle and CL. The VC levers don’t move until my physical throttles have travelled halfway to the CL detent - and when they do move they still leap forward somewhat, although it doesn’t snap straight to CL anymore. . My Idle Fwd is set at 0.00 and my CL detent at 0.490

Not sure if this is an FSUIPC issue or not? 

I was being an word not allowed and wasn't really paying attention. 

Idle Fwd and  thrust levers work fine now.  I blame the heat

Thanks Robert/Eric