Sign in to follow this  
lennie

C-310 surprise!

Hi all,

After reading some reviews this week i decided to get the Milviz C-310 Redux. Went to the online store, and downloaded it [not sure i am allowed to mention the shop name]; anyhow the install went fine. I printed out the Pilots handbook as i wanted to see the V-speeds before taking the first flight. Milviz placed an icon on the desktop so i could select the Flight 1 GPS; rather neat! So loaded up P3Dv4, unchecked "favorites" and looked for the C-310. Not there?? What was there is the Milviz P-38. Surprise!! I have emailed the store; no reply so far. Wondering if i should cancel with Pay Pal. Anyone ever have this experience? Suggestions? Thanks for reading!

It's in your sim objects folder?

They have a support forum here too:

http://www.milviz.com/forum/index.php?sid=36c67b1b60bb306ed88c13e1cd23a93d

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The 310 should have installed in SimObjects\Airplanes\MV_C310R.   See if you have that.   An Ryan said, contact MilViz in their forum, they may be able to help you there, or at least confirm that it's something you'll need to talk to your vendor to fix.  (It doesn't sound like you bought from them direct).

The MV folks are usually pretty quick and helpful when you reach out to them (and the 310 Redux is awesome)

The P38 is a default aircraft provided with P3D , I cant be sure what happened with your install , check the aircraft folder and find out what its called in the aircraft selection list,  perhaps you missed it .

Should be easy to find in the aircraft list, it's "Cessna 310R <tailno>".

The only other thing that may have happened is you AV software causing an issue with the installation.  I would start with un-installing the C-310, disable your AV, and then re-install.  Be sure to use Admin Rights by right clicking on the MIVIZ C-310 installer - and choose Run As Admin.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

A few simple questions are in order here. 

Milviz does offer a P-38.  So are you seeing an aircraft listed specifically as a Milviz P-38, or are you just seeing a P-38?

What is the name of the file you downloaded?  The filename in the folder on your computer.

What does your receipt say.  You should have a receipt from the site where you made the purchase.  Paypal is just where you paid.

Look carefully through your list of installed aircraft.  They should show in alphabetical order.  Milviz may not use a consistent naming convention.  For instance my Milviz Baron B55 is named "Beech_Baron_B55 Milviz", so starting with B it is early in the list.  My Milviz C310 in the same list is named "MV_C310R" so starting with M it appears much later in the list....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks guys! For helping me figure this out. I looked again in P3D "change vehicle" and the only Milviz one there is the Milviz P-38, i don't think it was there before? At least i do not recall seeing it. I also checked sim objects, airplanes, and the C-310 is not there.

So just looked at downloads again. There are 2 files: one is the POH for the aircraft that i printed out, and the other: MV310R v3; when i right click that file it  becomes "milviz 370-main" to extract files??

No I did not purchase from the milviz website, but have now received acknowledgement of a ticket filed at the web store. Guess i will wait to see what response i get next week. Never had this happen before with purchases at that shop, or from any other. I am not a computer guru, so have to plod my way around in the E:drive [by the way thats where i keep aircraft] As an aside, I remember building P-38s and other planes from balsam and paper in 1945 when the P-38 appeared!! Not a youngster like you guys!!!

If you do right-click->Extract all on that MV310R v3 file it should give you a folder with that name, and inside that folder should be the installer exe that you run.  When it runs it will install the plane, the TrueGlass, and the RealLight kits.

You'll prolly want to register at the MilViz forums, too, and get the v3.7 update, which is the latest.

Thanks guys! For helping me figure this out. I looked again in P3D "change vehicle" and the only Milviz one there is the Milviz P-38, i don't think it was there before? At least i do not recall seeing it. I also checked sim objects, airplanes, and the C-310 is not there.

So just looked at downloads again. There are 2 files: one is the POH for the aircraft that i printed out, and the other: MV310R v3; when i right click that file it  becomes "milviz 370-main" to extract files??

No I did not purchase from the milviz website, but have now received acknowledgement of a ticket filed at the web store. Guess i will wait to see what response i get next week. Never had this happen before with purchases at that shop, or from any other. I am not a computer guru, so have to plod my way around in the E:drive [by the way thats where i keep aircraft] As an aside, I remember building P-38s and other planes from balsam and paper in 1945 when the P-38 appeared!! Not a youngster like you guys!!!

Thanks again to everyone!! I am rather dumb when it comes to placing files correctly; for some reason i have simobjects/airplanes; the another simobjects/ airplanes under the first one. So I had C310 in the wrong place. All good now; just have to learn how to fly this one!!

Cheers, all!!

• Like 1