Sign in to follow this  
John Snyder Jr

Newbie Question about mouse...HELP

I have got everything with mouse in the preferences turned off and still if I move my mouse across the screen the view changes. Anyone have any idea why that could be happening. Thanks for any help! 

John Snyder Jr

The view changes or the view moves? Those are both different things

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi John,

Do you by chance see on your screen a white crosshair right in the center of your view. If so then you have inadvertently activated "Mouse - View Direction ON toggle" Shift+O or Space+Shift+^ (the carrot "^" symbol is actioned with keyboard 6/^ key) or you could be temporarily activating the "Mouse - View Direction ON toggle" by holding the "Spacebar" key and moving your mouse. To disable the action release the spacebar or toggle the action to "off" using Shift+O or Space+Shift+^

You will see these settings in Options>Settings>Controls - View Settings - Views - alphabetically listed under "M" for mouse.

Thanks for the reply's but that didn't work. I ended up deleting all the presets for my QualityWings 757 and starting over and that solved the problem. I had downloaded a bunch from the community and apparently one of them was causing the problem. Anyway all is well now and thanks for your input! 🙂

John Snyder Jr