Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Problems after Windows 10 Update

Dave, a couple of days ago Windows 10 did an update and I've had a bunch of problems since then.  But now when I get everything set up and ready to fly, I get the chatter, but can't communicate with any controllers.  When I brought up the config tab and got to messing around, I found that when I did a frequency test, I got a box that said "This is not a valid frequency at this location.  I went thru everyone at KSAN and got that message.  P2ATC has been working perfect until now.  You showed me how to set P2ATC up with speakers and after the update now I can hear myself in the speakers when I transmit, as before like you said would happen I wouldn't be able to hear myself.  I can't figure out how to stop that as it is annoying.  Seems like since the update I've had different issues on every flight now.  Don't know what to do.  Can you please help?  Thanks,

Rodger

Don't know if this helps but, usually when I push the PTT on my yoke the chatter stops so I can talk to clearance delivery, ground, tower etc.  But I have noticed that it doesn't do that anymore.  I went and reset the PTT button in the config tab but nothing has changed.

Edited by C130FE

It sounds like  the Windows update reset some of the Windows sound settings.  You should go back through the installation section and check all of the Windows Settings.  The fact that you hear yourself in the speakers indicates that the "Listen" option on the Windows Recording device setup is checked.

When you push the PTT button on the Yoke, the PTT button on screen should change colors to green.  If not, then something may be wrong with the PTT button setting or another program may be grabbing it.  Remember, when setting the PTT button, just press the button you want and the button number will be filled in for you.  The button numbers are not the same as displayed in the SIM.

Dave