Sign in to follow this  
Guest SJDickson

Best Scenery/Combo

Guest SuperKungFu

Judging by what the forum has told me and a couple of friends, they gave me a list of some of the payware/freeware scenery out there. I would like to get your opinion on which is the best out there and would make the best combo. Since I

Ultimate Traffic, Ground Environment Pro and Active Sky v6 is the best combination, as far as I am concerned.Ultimate Traffic for accurate terrain, lakes, rivers, roads, etc for VFR flying, GE Pro for ground/night textures and Active Sky for clouds, sky colors and additional textures. I couldn't imagine that you would need anything besides that, althought there are some nice freeware goodies as well, like Airport Environment Update, Koorbygen Autogen, various lighting enhancements, etc.Pat

Guest SJDickson

Mesh: FSGenesis 38m(1)Landclass: FSGenesis US Landclass(2)Vector (roads, railways, water bodies, rivers, coastlines, urban landclass): Ultimate Terrain USA(3)Ground Textures: Ground Environment ProWater Textures/Environment Maps: Bird's Eye ViewWeather/Sky Textures: ActiveSky v6Cloud Textures: Flight Environment(1) FSGenesis has 38m mesh for most of North America and some other parts of the world. Other mesh packages are available at various resolutions for most of the rest of the world.(2) Covers the US and parts of Canada only. There are other landclass packages available for other parts of the world, some commercial, some freeware.(3) Ultimate Terrain also has a separate Canada/Alaska and a Europe package.I've tried many different packages and combinations but that mix above is about as good as FS2004 gets, in my opinion.Unfortunately, no one package has the best ground, water, sky and cloud textures so you have to mix and match. This can get complicated since the various packages tend to overwrite one another's textures, meaning that install order is important. I have resorted to making copies of the textures I want from each package and installing them into the appropriate folders myself to overcome this annoying problem.

Guest thedoggg

I think he means Ultimate terrain,not Ultimate traffic (although a traffic add on would also look good).Regards, Carlos

Guest SuperKungFu

Very nice keep going with the advice. Btw...which is a better choice, Ground Environment Pro or ground Environment 2006

Guest Tingoose

You don't need bluesphere project with GEpro. GEpro can do what bluesphere does and then some. Therefore GEpro will cancel out bluesphere.

You don't need USA Roads with UTUSA, not sure if anyone pointed that out,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest SuperKungFu

What about Zinertek- ultimate night environment professionalZinertek- wepWeuv2would those conflict with any addons listed above?

Guest SuperKungFu

Also, i want the both the water and land to look at its best however the setup display doesn't allow me to push both up. if land goes up the water goes down and visa versa. Is there a way to manually push up both?Display.jpgAnd all these addons does wonders to the ground and sky but kinda neglect the water. Are there any mods out there and makes the water look at its best. The stock one is too bright that's why i installed this freeware water addon called waterzone. if there's anything better out there please share.

Though I don't have any of those you refer to, they will not, in and of themselves, cause problems but they attempt to replace a lot of the same textures the other programs are replacing. When you run 2 or 3 texture replacement programs simultaneously, the chances of incorrect textures being displayed greatly increase. Since you really don't know which textures are being replaced by all these programs, some anomolies may exist when running them together.As others have suggested, Ultimate Terrain in any variety, ASv6, Flight Environment 3, Ground Environment Pro, some descent mesh and landclass from FSGenesis will serve you well and you'll undoubtedly save some hard-earned cash in the process.Jim Karnhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

That's the way to set it up. You can also go into your FS9 cfg and add the following under the Terrain section:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=3.800000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4Holger Sandmann has explained these setting in detail but for the life of me I can't find the post. They will help the textures in the distance be a little clearer and not as muted as they appear without the entries. Jim Karnhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

I never bought Ultimate Terrain.I think, I missed out on something all these years. I still don't have it. FSX is so closeby... so I am going to wait. I think its one mistake I did in my addon purchase. I was so caught up with the photoscenery, nothing else mattered. After I bought German scenery 4 I realized that a good terrain and Mesh data and Land class and texture can do an amazing job without the problem of fuzzy texture you get in photo sceneries.Mind you, I still like Photo sceneries when flying high and SLOW.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Trans_601

All of the Zinertek products are blown out of proportion.GE Pro will replace night lighting anyway, plus it is specifically designed to work with the new autogen.