Sign in to follow this  
pinkeysome1

Avg fps for pmdg

Hi Anthony,

Please don't take this the wrong way but saying "I have a pretty good pc" and what do you define as "normal"?

Your really do need to give your PC spec/setting and what are you running with P3D v4.3? Nothing apart from the PMDG or countless addons, also the NG runs better than the 777&747. So which PMDG are your referring to?

If this is any help at all. You can see my PC spec's below.

I run Orbx OLC/Global/Vector, then ASp4/ASCA/SF, ProATC and always use addon airports.

On Runway 27 EGNX I get 65 FPS in the PMDG NG. But even then it's all down to settings.

For people to be able to help you or to say that's "normal" please give all the info you can share.

Happy to help but it's impossible with so little info.

Thanks.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Okay, sorry about that I have a I5-4690K with a R9 390x with 8GB VRAM 16GB if mem. Yea, man I get 30 fps on the gnd at a default airport even worse at an addon airport if you could share your settings so I could test just trying to get my sim running better. :)

Anthony Taylor

4 minutes ago, pinkeysome1 said:

Okay, sorry about that I have a I5-4690K with a R9 390x with 8GB VRAM 16GB if mem. Yea, man I get 30 fps on the gnd at a default airport even worse at an addon airport if you could share your settings so I could test just trying to get my sim running better. :)

What is so bad about 30 FPS?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I am running an i7-8700k OCed to 4.8GHz. I paired the CPU with the 1080ti running at 4k. 16gb of system ram. 

In the 747, I get min 35 fps on the ground at most earosoft airports with rainy and cloudy weather. 

At all flightbeam/ flytampa/ fsdreamteam airports, I'll get mid 40s to upper 40s on the ground with the same weather. 

In the air, I. gettinf 60+ sometimes into the 80s. 

At both awrosoft and flightbeam airports with partly cloudy skies, I'll get lower 40s to mid 50s. Depending what airport I am located.

All the above figures are during the day time and during the night time without aircraft lights on and dynamic lights enabled.

During the night time with the aircraft lights on and dynamic lights enabled, I get a fps fluctuating from high high 20s to mid 30s...sometimes high 30s.

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

5 hours ago, pinkeysome1 said:

There is nothing wrong with it but I would like to get more, my pc should be able to handle it.

Why?  Frame rate is not a measure of quality.  If the rendering is smooth with very few stutters and the textures are not blurry then what difference does the frame rate make?

• Like 3

Dan Downs KCRP

Have you overclocked that i5 4690k CPU, Anthony? What screen resolution are you using? What are your P3D settings (Scenery Complexity/Autogen Density/LOD Radius etc)? What are your AF/AA/SSAA settings? Do you have lots of AI planes active? Do you use a complex weather addon? Are you using default terrain scenery/autogen, or do you have (for example) ORBx FTX Global/Region software installed?

Without this kind of information, trying to determine whether your framerates are normal or not is next to impossible.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

But do you guys have "hickups"?

I fly the NGX and I always have some hickups in FPS, e.g. when I open, move or resize my ATC window some displays (MCP: HDG, ALT, SPD; the clock) will shortly dim and the FPS drops massively. It happens also radomly during flight and the sim almoust freezes (or freezes for 1s).

Don't have this behaviour with any other ACFT not even with the FSL.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech