Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

B747-8 Beta Program Bug Report- FULL DISCLOSURE

18 hours ago, lasnubes said:

Since so many of you are interested in the Beta process, and how it works, I wanted to share the following BUG REPORT I submitted departing London Stansted this am-

EippdTE.jpg

For the more finicky amongst us- thankfully the "bug" wipes away after a few moments in the slipstream.

Whilst the testing program is serious, occasionally we are allowed brief moments of levity.... I hope this brought YOU a smile.

🙂

I'll be REALLY impressed if turning on the windscreen wiper causes that bug to smear the windscreen!!!

• Like 2

Well... the beta process is all about bug squashing soo... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Well... the beta process is all about bug squashing soo...

🤣

• Like 1

On 7/15/2018 at 8:53 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Gotta say, the ones I used to be the most puzzled by were the ones that managed to catch the leading edge of the prop. Then I did the math and realized that even a single-bladed theoretical prop would swing through about 50 times in a single second (assuming 3000 RPM for simplicity). Add two blades, and the likelihood of passing through the arc unscathed, even as a bug, are pretty slim.

Still...how unfortunate to be in that spot, at that time...

That‘s why you can pretty well fly with an open gyrocopter through (light) rain without really getting wet from above... even this 600RPM-pizza above you keeps the rain away.

On 7/15/2018 at 10:09 AM, Steve Dra said:

But the real question is:  If this is a new feature (don't recall if bug splatters were being added to this release), AND if there is a real issue with it....is it called a bug bug report? Hehe.

I can see it now "I have to report that my testing scenario noted that I should see 4 mosquitos, 2 june bugs, 3 dragonflies, and 3000 dung beetles (due to them swarming in July as I depart from Jomo Kenyatta International).  Sadly I only counted 1200 dung beetles." 😞

Reply from RR "That's a load of crap!...count them again closely....we've spent a ton of coding time to get the dung beetle swarming parameters in June at Jomo Kenyatta International just right! "

Ok..in all seriousness...they DO fly!  Here is the proof:

Go to 1:15 in the video...hilarious that you hear the theme music to the scene in James Bond Gold Finger where the planes to their formation flight...I rolled on the floor laughing!

Actually, the music is the theme to "You Only Live Twice". Oops, should've read on to see that several others had already pointed this out.

Kind Regards,

Edited by somiller

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

On 7/15/2018 at 3:43 PM, Steve Dra said:

Saddend that more airlines didn't adopt her, but that's that way it is in the real world...2 huge engines will trump 4 economically every time...and as much as I love the aesthetics and flying qualities of the Queen, she destined to advocate her crown in the future. 😞   But she'll live on in our simming world!

It's the Farnborough Airshow in the UK this week, lots of new aircraft orders are placed there. "HOPEFULLY" we may get lucky and order is placed for the 747-8i.

Come on British Airways order a few!!!!😁

On 7/15/2018 at 3:58 PM, lasnubes said:

🙂

In the turn at TURNBERRY...

Going to Prestwick are we?

Pelle Liljendal

Developer of Flightplan Visualizer

Just had a few SPLATS, kinda shocking when focusing on the TDZ for flare... lovely!!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I've been doing most of my testing in and around Australia and as yet I've not splattered any bugs, then again it IS mid/late winter there right now.

Autumn and early winter in parts of Oz is Bogong Moth season, and those swarming suckers can really cover your airplane. 

Currently planning a series of long-hauls from YSSY through KSFO, EGLL and VHHX so I'm sure I'll have a very exotic bug collection by the time I am back in Sydney!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

On 7/18/2018 at 6:52 PM, pellelil said:

Going to Prestwick are we?

You can hit bigger and better bugs if you are landing at Prestick; maybe even a seagull or two?  TRUMP that in your next Bug report, Carl, if you can (with apologies to you know who)!

Bertie-

I would be aghast if Johnathan struck my empennage;)

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper