Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

B747-8 Beta Program Bug Report- FULL DISCLOSURE

Since so many of you are interested in the Beta process, and how it works, I wanted to share the following BUG REPORT I submitted departing London Stansted this am-

EippdTE.jpg

For the more finicky amongst us- thankfully the "bug" wipes away after a few moments in the slipstream.

Whilst the testing program is serious, occasionally we are allowed brief moments of levity.... I hope this brought YOU a smile.

:)

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Classic!! Funny stuff. Glad to see people can find humor while keeping it serious.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Glad we have a sense of humor!  To focus on less buggy things- take a look at the technological differences in information available to the 747-8F Captain vs. what you have at your disposal in the 744F. 

QPVrS46.jpg

Keep in mind, lurking by your left knee, you have another bit of tech you will soon grow very fond of... 

SO in this case... from the RIDICULOUS to the SUBLIME 🙂

In the turn at TURNBERRY...

EGdX5sE.jpg

Edited by lasnubes
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

But the real question is:  If this is a new feature (don't recall if bug splatters were being added to this release), AND if there is a real issue with it....is it called a bug bug report? Hehe.

I can see it now "I have to report that my testing scenario noted that I should see 4 mosquitos, 2 june bugs, 3 dragonflies, and 3000 dung beetles (due to them swarming in July as I depart from Jomo Kenyatta International).  Sadly I only counted 1200 dung beetles." 😞

Reply from RR "That's a load of crap!...count them again closely....we've spent a ton of coding time to get the dung beetle swarming parameters in June at Jomo Kenyatta International just right! "

Ok..in all seriousness...they DO fly!  Here is the proof:

Go to 1:15 in the video...hilarious that you hear the theme music to the scene in James Bond Gold Finger where the planes to their formation flight...I rolled on the floor laughing!

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey Steve, I see you've met RSR!

😉

C

PS- HUGE fan of your work AND SIR RICHARD’S!

Edited by lasnubes

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

4 minutes ago, lasnubes said:

Hey Steve, I see you've met RSR!

😉

C

PS- HUGE fan of your work!

Hehe...actually did meet him in Vegas!  Got the coveted business card from him after chatting about the new project and the realization that we're gonna need every livery of every PMDG release ever created.  Should keep me and all the other painters busy for decades! :blink:

Thanks for the comment....I've always enjoyed painting PMDG birds, the paintkit is excellent, and of course the model really shows off the effort I put in to make them look good.  I plan at least putting my Lufthansa and UPS photo-tails on the -8.

Saddend that more airlines didn't adopt her, but that's that way it is in the real world...2 huge engines will trump 4 economically every time...and as much as I love the aesthetics and flying qualities of the Queen, she destined to advocate her crown in the future. 😞   But she'll live on in our simming world!

PS- HUGE fan of your narrative prose and bringing comedy and a great read to all of your posts...I never miss one. 😉 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

53 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

But the real question is:  If this is a new feature (don't recall if bug splatters were being added to this release), AND if there is a real issue with it....is it called a bug bug report? Hehe.

I can see it now "I have to report that my testing scenario noted that I should see 4 mosquitos, 2 june bugs, 3 dragonflies, and 3000 dung beetles (due to them swarming in July as I depart from Jomo Kenyatta International).  Sadly I only counted 1200 dung beetles." 😞

Reply from RR "That's a load of crap!...count them again closely....we've spent a ton of coding time to get the dung beetle swarming parameters in June at Jomo Kenyatta International just right! "

Ok..in all seriousness...they DO fly!  Here is the proof:

Go to 1:15 in the video...hilarious that you hear the theme music to the scene in James Bond Gold Finger where the planes to their formation flight...I rolled on the floor laughing! 

Isn't that the theme music to the James Bond movie "You Only Live Twice" though?

Could be wrong, its happened before!

Mark Trainer

2 minutes ago, mtrainer said:

Isn't that the theme music to the James Bond movie "You Only Live Twice" though?

Could be wrong, its happened before!

Mark Trainer

Yep....thinking about it and trying to put the lyrics to it....you are 100% correct!  Hehe.....gotta go watch all the James Bond movies now (well....just the ones that had the only 2 Bond actors I'll acknowledge...the rest...bleh).

Loved the mechanical wing fold and chopper sounds the threw in there when the beetle 1st lifted off...gotta love the BBC for their subtle humor. 🙂

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Mark- I was expecting a reply in the B747-8 EGSS post!

Didn’t see your question until much later, and was sure my reply would be well received...

🙂

C

Edited by lasnubes
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

So......will those "bugs" be an optional feature?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

So......will those "bugs" be an optional feature?

I am told under good authority there will be a new option added to the PMDG Operations Center to enable the "Bug Splatter" feature and with sliders for: "Bee", "Wasp", "Lady bug", "Fly", "Cricket" to name just a few to enable the "pilot" to adjust the probability of collision with chosen insect.:biggrin:

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

39 minutes ago, pracines said:

looks like a wasp holding on for dear life 😄

My first impression of the bug was that it was a mayfly.  The first time you see it you go, "Hey that is cool;" and then the tenth time you don't notice.  The one that I really did notice and still remember is one summer day with scattered CB I'm flying along at 16500 VMC when I hear saw a bug spat.  About 2 sec latter my brain connected the event with the implausibility of it and I was truly sad for that poor bug, thrust up into the thin air by nature's cruelty then just by change happened to be in the same square inch of the immense sky as a passing windscreen of an Cessna Chancellor.  A darn tragedy.

Dan Downs KCRP

29 minutes ago, downscc said:

I was truly sad for that poor bug, thrust up into the thin air by nature's cruelty

If it makes you feel any better Dan, I'm certain he went to Bug Heaven.

Mark Trainer

28 minutes ago, downscc said:

About 2 sec latter my brain connected the event with the implausibility of it and I was truly sad for that poor bug, thrust up into the thin air by nature's cruelty then just by change happened to be in the same square inch of the immense sky as a passing windscreen of an Cessna Chancellor.  A darn tragedy.

Gotta say, the ones I used to be the most puzzled by were the ones that managed to catch the leading edge of the prop. Then I did the math and realized that even a single-bladed theoretical prop would swing through about 50 times in a single second (assuming 3000 RPM for simplicity). Add two blades, and the likelihood of passing through the arc unscathed, even as a bug, are pretty slim.

Still...how unfortunate to be in that spot, at that time...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers