Sign in to follow this  
matty121121

GCFV approach problem

Plane Pmdg 737-800 as stated in my last message

i did mention in previous reply as well that message on fmc says check target altitude and something about. I am paying attention i mentiond the plane in my last reply and please can you not talk to me like tat again please. I work in in customer service and would not ever say something like pay attention to anyone.

1 hour ago, matty121121 said:

Plane Pmdg 737-800 as stated in my last message

i did mention in previous reply as well that message on fmc says check target altitude and something about. I am paying attention i mentiond the plane in my last reply and please can you not talk to me like tat again please. I work in in customer service and would not ever say something like pay attention to anyone.

I saw you put the aircraft in your last post, but my response was referring to the post before it where you told Kevin that you didn't see where anyone requested such information: "Sorry cant see where he has asked I have not seen that question otherwise I would have answered it for you." It was in the beginning of a post you answered immediately after Dan posted, where you specifically addressed his G/S question, skipping right over the aircraft question. Thus, I found it extremely important to note that - for all of our benefit - it is important to slow down, take a moment, and pay attention to what people have written. Again: help us help you. If you overlook parts of what people take time out of their day to write in order to assist you, eventually people will stop responding, and you won't get the help you need. I don't want that, and I'm sure you don't want that.

As far as not saying certain things, that is entirely within your control. People are taking time out of their day to help you. Please show them respect in being mindful to take the time to fully read what they have written to you. We're all in here fully reading your posts, and attempting to help you. Please do the same in return.

That's all I will say on the matter.

Kyle Rodgers

4 hours ago, matty121121 said:

Sorry cant see where he has asked I have not seen that question otherwise I would have answered it for you.

Here.

And here.

I guess the first time around, it wasn't directly asked, but rather implied when he said "I assume you are talking about the NGX but it could also be the BE1900, please provide a lot more information." The second time he asked, he asked three other questions, and out of four questions, you only really answered one.

3 hours ago, matty121121 said:

I am paying attention

You clearly weren't. You'd have seen the questions if you were.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Hi

thanks for replying I will take all the points you have mentioned an I agree with what you had to say.

yes I am talking about pmdg 737-800 NGX

Hi Matthew,

what Runway do you approach?

I am just checking the approach charts for Fuerte. Can you please check that the data I can provide here is the same as yours? While I will wait for your response I will fly the ILS's with the 737 to make sure that there is no issue with the Navdata or the sim. the 737 doesn't have a problem for sure, it would occure everywhere.

You said you have manually tuned the frequency for the approach. On both sides is technically only required if you want to make an autoland. To capture the glideslope your side is fully sufficent. while it doesn't have to do anything with actually flying the ILS, can you please tell us your current AIRAC cycle? you find it on the frst page of your FMC, INDEX, Ident

Fuerteventura has two runways with ILS, 19 and 01. Both have 3 ILS approaches each. 

RW 01 has the ILS frequency 109,5 on my charts and RW19 has 111,3MHz

Important: While I actually have updated to the latest navdata for my P3D last month I see on the P3D Map that runway 19 has NO ILS in the sim although there should be one. So although I have the correct frequency for ILS19 the airplane will not be able to fly it as there is physically no ILS apporach in P3D. So if you fly the ILS for RW19 and you say Localizer is captured please look at the FMA if there is written LOC or if there is written FAC, it means Final Approach Course and is an integrated approach feature of the 737 to simulate an ILS approach but relies on GPS and is NOT a precision approach. 

Please check my data back and in the meantime I will fly the ILS for RW01. 

Ok,

ILS 01 works normally for me, ILS19 of course can't.

By the way Matthew, as I've just read a bit back...

it is completely irrelevant what your FMC says. You can perform a full ILS approach even if you have lost all your FMS systems or the CDUs are dead and so on... you only need the correct frequency, the course and you can dial it in. And, as said above, the runway must have an ILS system ^^

Ok I will play around with it as I said I have the flight saved just before approach I am obviously doing something wrong you can close this now but thanks for your help you have been great sorry for lack of information have good day 

Hi,

Hope you are all ok. I am going to try and explain my situation again I am going to tell you what I do on the approach to gcfv.

I am using the pmdg 737-800ngx.

i have checked the the ils and course frequency on the map and fmc and they match.

i have entered the frequencies in nav radio and course in the MCP autopilot

I use the vor lock and when that’s locked engage approach mode.

the thing is everything is going fine until the approach part landing runway 01 it is always low on glide scope. 

Sometimes I get the fmc message before the approach saying check target alt and. If I missed any information just ask me what else you need an I will provide for you. 

3 hours ago, matty121121 said:

vor lock

I know you probably got this from someone else in the sim community, but just to clear things up: it isn't "VOR Lock." It's VOR / LOC, with the latter being short for localizer - the lateral component of an ILS. Additionally, you do not need to engage LOC mode prior to entering APP. That's another simmerism that kind of runs rampant because it's not necessarily wrong, but it's not necessarily required. It all depends on the situation. If you're below the glideslope already, and cleared for the approach, just use APP.

I think this might be the issue. "CHECK TGT ALT" will only really appear when you're still in VNAV, if I'm remembering correctly. Sounds like you may be forgetting to engage APP (though I see you mention that you engaged it in your narrative), engaging APP too late such that GS never captures/engages, or the sim's scenery doesn't have an ILS to Runway 1 and only a LOC (this is the case with my home airport, btw: when the sim was released, it was only a LOC in the sim, even though it's an ILS now).

Screenshots would be really helpful. What does your FMA (flight mode annunciator - the three boxes above your artificial horizon) say when all of this happens? In any case, this seems to be entirely situational/procedural. If it were a problem with the plane, we'd definitely know about it, since nearly the entirety of the sim community seems to think ILS approaches are the majority of approaches, and autolands are the norm.

Kyle Rodgers

I will try now with the approach if it all goes wrong I will screen shot.

Thanks for the advice.

Matthew

Hi,

Thanks problem sorted just landed at gcfv

you lot have been a great help I know I have not always explained things well so well done for putting up with me 

Regards Matthew 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, matty121121 said:

you lot have been a great help I know I have not always explained things well so well done for putting up with me 

Glad we got it sorted. Thanks for the patience in working with all of our inputs.

Kyle Rodgers

I wonder if he was descending in VNAV  path and that kept him below GS capture.  A full disclosure of his problem could have resolved this in many fewer posts, maybe by asking for what the FMA indicated I broke the chain by asking something not understood.

Dan Downs KCRP