Sign in to follow this  
matty121121

GCFV approach problem

I have set both nav radios to the old frequency and course both autopilot places but vor locks but G/S dose not catch I have set every thing up for landing flaps speed break arm auto breaks I do have check target alt message and some times buffet message any help would be good 

Just now, matty121121 said:

I have set both nav radios to the old frequency and course both autopilot places but vor locks but G/S dose not catch I have set every thing up for landing flaps speed break arm auto breaks I do have check target alt message and some times buffet message any help would be good 

I meant ILS 

Classic my car is not starting somebody help me.

Check your altitude maybe you where to high maybe something else is wrong.

To sum up, maybe we need some more information.

btw. What the heck is this?

1 hour ago, matty121121 said:

buffet message

Did you try to chase down a VOR or the LOC ?

Big difference.

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

My decent profile was fine until it came to the final approach and yes the vor was locked on it just would not catch the glide scope or attitudes wear met as per fmc.

2 hours ago, matty121121 said:

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note that they require us to use our full names on all of our posts.

What is a Gcfv approach?  I assume you are talking about the NGX but it could also be the BE1900, please provide a lot more information.  Also, "the G/S does not catch" means nothing.  You will make it easier for others that are not standing behind you watching you to figure out what you are doing wrong.  Is the GS needle alive?  Which approach at what airport? 

Have you flown the tutorials?

Dan Downs KCRP

13 minutes ago, downscc said:

What is a Gcfv approach? 

ICAO code for Fuerteventura XD

but yes... information is everything. And we need quite a bit more. And if you have an addon scenery for Fuerteventura check on the map if your frequencies match. 

Sorry I New the about putting my name down completely forgot yes frequencies do match no add on scenary and I have had no other trouble in any other airport let me know what information you need I will try and get it as flight saved just before entering the star 

Matthew Russel 

I forgot to say I did the plan with pfpx and I used top cat for the first time 

Matthew Russel 

20 minutes ago, matty121121 said:

Sorry I New the about putting my name down completely forgot yes frequencies do match no add on scenary and I have had no other trouble in any other airport let me know what information you need I will try and get it as flight saved just before entering the star 

Matthew Russel 

What aircraft?  Was the GS needle alive?  What has the indication on the FMA?  Was APPR armed.  You really have not yet provided enough information..we cannot visualize what you are doing without an explanation.

Dan Downs KCRP

yes the approach was armed vor was locked the G/S was alive but did not come down to the middle it started to but then went back to the top I put the landing altitude on overhead panel TO NEAREST 50 METERS and the correct landing altitude on the pfd using radio of 83 which is the elevation gcfv

hope this helps 

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for adding your name as Dan requested. That forum rule is an important one.

I'll add something else, but only on the level of forum etiquette, so please know that this is simply a request:

• Ideally, use punctuation of some sort. It doesn't need to be perfect, or on the level of a best-selling book, but something to show where sentences/thoughts begin and end would help immensely in terms of people understanding what you're saying. I'm having a lot of trouble understanding you because everything is just a single, run-on sentence.
  • Also, try to get as much info that you can into a single post before hitting Submit Reply. Again, it doesn't need to be a full, in-depth review of what you're trying to say, but before you rush through a sentence and jump to hit Submit Reply, it's a good idea to at least ask yourself if you've hit all the points they've asked you to address, and/or if there is any other information that you think they might need. So far, we're nearly a page into a thread that could have easily been a couple posts, and I don't feel like we're any closer to an answer.

Help us help you.

Edited by scandinavian13
  • Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, I will bear that in mind my English is not good I am afraid but will do my best for you.

My problem is when I try to land at gcfv the glide scope will not catch it comes alive but just stays at the top of the PDF instead of the middle.

I have checked my nav radios and have put the correct ils frequencies in and course in both autopilots.

I have done both tutorials.

the only thing I have done differently this time is use pfpx with top cat instead of  simbrife I hope that explains it better to you.

Ps

I Have cheeked the elevation and that has been entered correctly.

I have had no problem landing anywhere else fmc matches information on the map 

if you need more information please tell me what you need so I can provide it for you.

Matthew Russel 

Hi,

Sorry cant see where he has asked I have not seen that question otherwise I would have answered it for you.

The Plane I  was using is the PMDG 737-800 for p3dv4 version 3.

Matthew Russel.

1 hour ago, matty121121 said:

Sorry cant see where he has asked I have not seen that question otherwise I would have answered it for you.

Just gotta pay attention.

Kyle Rodgers