Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Using Xplane11, the fun is growing

9 hours ago, GoranM said:

X-Plane ALWAYS creates a crash log.  100% of the time.  It's what developers use to diagnose any problems, and was specifically put in for that reason.  However, it does get overwritten as soon as you load X Plane again.  If you decide to load it up again and it crashes, again, post the log in here and someone can take a look for you.

There was nothing in the log indicating something out of the ordinary. And it wasn't a plugin related soft crash, but a crash straight to the error reporting screen. This time, I at least managed to send the memory dump files to LR since I didn't specify an e-mail address (which normally prevents error reporting from completing).

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

23 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Hopefully, incremental AI/ATC improvements slip in under the radar during major updates.

Austin mentioned quiet a while back that ATC wont be released untill they all agree its good enough, Seems it will be a monumental upgrade. Probably better that way

8 hours ago, Bjoern said:

There was nothing in the log indicating something out of the ordinary. And it wasn't a plugin related soft crash, but a crash straight to the error reporting screen. This time, I at least managed to send the memory dump files to LR since I didn't specify an e-mail address (which normally prevents error reporting from completing).

I'm very curious what caused this.  Could you let us know if LR got back to you with a solution.  I've never heard of a crash with an error reporting screen  and nothing in the log to suggest what crashed.  The error reporting screen sends the log to LR when you submit it.  

21 hours ago, jcomm said:

I have good reasons to believe 11.30 will be a game changer in this respect. Austin is hard working to bring new effects, fine tune others, correct some of the infamous bugs / limitations.

I look fwd for 11.30, hopefully until the end of Summer 2018.

From what I hear, his proposed changes will only have a slight and incorrect effect when crosswind velocity is less than propwash strength, and no effect if greater, which it will almost always be, except that his propwash effect is too strong, particularly in respect to the fuselage itself. The propwash seems to affect the fuselage as if the plane has no weight. 

19 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Austin mentioned quiet a while back that ATC wont be released untill they all agree its good enough, Seems it will be a monumental upgrade. Probably better that way

Ah, "good enough" doesn't exist anyway.

14 hours ago, GoranM said:

I'm very curious what caused this.  Could you let us know if LR got back to you with a solution.  I've never heard of a crash with an error reporting screen  and nothing in the log to suggest what crashed.  The error reporting screen sends the log to LR when you submit it.  

Well, I managed to finally complete the flight after removing X-RAAS v2.2. That's strike three for the plugin, since it had already caused crashes on other flights before (but only when using Zibo's 738).

And you misunderstood me: I could never successfully submit an error report to LM when entering an e-mail address into the crash reporter. So there's no way they can get back to me.

Edited by Bjoern

Again had an almost successful flight in the Zibo 738 (it only crashed near the end due to a ground network error in the vicinity of my destination). So XP is indeed more stable without X-RAAS 2.

Edited by Bjoern