Sign in to follow this  
Mitch24

Horrible Lightning Flash

I love flying through summer thunderstorms in P3D... but there is something that I don't like... and it's the horrible lightning flash that occurs like every 3 seconds during a heavy thunderstorm.

The lightning is fine, but the flash is completely overblown... it will be completely sunny and it looks like a Scooby Doo horror movie inside the cockpit

Anybody know of a remedy?

Thank you

• Like 1

Thought there was a freebie out there that replaced the lighting bolts?  Or maybe it was one of the REX versions... been too long, ha!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Y

1 minute ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Thought there was a freebie out there that replaced the lighting bolts?

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/free/

Sorry to hear that Mitch. Hope you get this dilemma resolved soon.

12 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Thank you! But does this fix the horrible flashes with DAYtime thunderstorms?

No, it does not.  I know what you mean, I was 60 miles away from a storm on a flight a couple days ago and getting the bright flashes in the VC even though it was around noon and bright/sunny as can be..  I have not found a way to remedy it.  It looks great at night though....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

14 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

No, it does not.  I know what you mean, I was 60 miles away from a storm on a flight a couple days ago and getting the bright flashes in the VC even though it was around noon and bright/sunny as can be..  I have not found a way to remedy it.  It looks great at night though....

It's just another one of those things about the old FSX engine that is just like what were the devs thinking??

Hello,

delete this file in "Effects":    fx_plane_lightning.fx
and all uggly flashes in cockpit will gone.

You should save it when you will get the flashes back.