Sign in to follow this  
2018paulrobbinx

I’m new to the world of CTDs welp, and help!

Guys, 

Besides the term CTD sounding like some venereal disease, It absolutely pains me to say this, but my sim just keeps crashing. I thought my issue was a bad GPU one so I went out and got a brand new 10 series 8Gb video card I, hundred of dollars later, my sim keeps crashing without warning when I run the Lear or any jet for that matter. It just coughs and dies without and error message. It’s an absolute shame cause it’s my favorite aircraft. On every flight I run my task manager, and I am no where near out of memory or really pushing my rig at all. I am completely confused. I completely wiped my sim and upgraded to P3D V4.3 in hopes to fix the problem. Do you guys have any advice? All I am running is the Flysim Lear/GTN, and ASN for v4. Everything else is default. I am very confused. And thank you all very much for the time in answering my questions.

Sincerely,
Paul

PS, I’m reading through the PDF for CTDs, but I think some of CFR 14 is in better lamen terms then that. But I’m still trying to fix this without bothering too many of you good people.

What are the errors you are getting with AppCrashView?  What are the errors in the Event Viewer?  Are you getting BSOD's?  Make sure the product(s) installed with P3Dv4.3 are compatible with 64 bit or the product states it is compatible.  Was the Lear ever upgraded to 64 bit compatibility?  Gauges do not work for sure if made for 32 bit.  The website states the product is compatible with P3D but it was developed for P3Dv3 and that is for 32 bit sims only.

If it is a specific aircraft causing the issue, recommend you go to the developer of the aircraft and see if there is a fix. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 hours ago, Jim Young said:

What are the errors you are getting with AppCrashView?  What are the errors in the Event Viewer?  Are you getting BSOD's?  Make sure the product(s) installed with P3Dv4.3 are compatible with 64 bit or the product states it is compatible.  Was the Lear ever upgraded to 64 bit compatibility?  Gauges do not work for sure if made for 32 bit.  The website states the product is compatible with P3D but it was developed for P3Dv3 and that is for 32 bit sims only.

If it is a specific aircraft causing the issue, recommend you go to the developer of the aircraft and see if there is a fix. 

The Lear is, according the the developers, a 64bit compatible addon. Let me check what errors I get, I have not looked into that yet. Thank you for the reply!

After looking through the Appcrash views there are two fault mods including a terrain.dll and the MV_WX.dll, so I guess I will just need to delete that from the sim. But what about that terrain.dll? I’m only running default scenery.

8 hours ago, 2018paulrobbinx said:

But what about that terrain.dll? I’m only running default scenery.

According to the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 37, it is usually caused by high P3D settings, especially Autogen.  Most of the time you will not see it again for some time.  It may have just been something you were viewing at the time during the flight.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 7/16/2018 at 6:52 PM, Jim Young said:

According to the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 37, it is usually caused by high P3D settings, especially Autogen.  Most of the time you will not see it again for some time.  It may have just been something you were viewing at the time during the flight.

Roger, thank you for the response. I have since completely wiped my PC, and tried to start from the ground up. Btw, it was the Milviz/Rex weather radar I do believe. Warning all those in P3DV4.3...

It sounds like you are up and running again without any further CTD's? You may want to check with Milviz on their official website to see if their weather radar is compatible with P3D 4.3.