Sign in to follow this  
SimeonWilbury

Just Flight 747 Classic

Although they have stated that they have been working on this for a while, Just Flight has released the product page for the new 747 Classic.

I am personally hyped for this to no end, with the 747 Classic being one of those sims I have longed for but never having had a good version of (the CLS 200/300 series was nice aesthetically and audiably but had almost no systems depth). I may yet be disappointed but let's hope this turns out well.

While I'm at it, here's an old documentry from 1990 which follows a BA 742 from LHR to Bankok and then to Sydney while at the same time providing an interesting insight into the changes and developments with regards to aviation and the role of the pilot around that time.

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

The whole thing looks nice, but the colors are way way off. there is no brown in a -200 cockpit.

• Like 1

1cMllPm.jpg

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Does anyone even know how to use an INS these days?

There is no brown in the product shots either, just untextured surfaces.

It looks very FS 98 at the moment, hopefully the final textures will be better.

Edited by nolonger
  • Like 2

There is no brown in the product shots either, just untextured surfaces.

That's what I originally thought, but I decided to look for some photos anyway :wink: The texture quality of other JustFlight "in house development" products has been excellent, so I have every confidence that the 747 Classic will be the same.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I would certainly wait before judging the overall texture-quality considering how early in development the aircraft is. Nevertheless one can hope that they will deliver a very fine VC this time around.

PUT In the UK.

spacer.png

Anybody know if there are still any 747-200F in service these days? I had a quick look around but couldn't find any in serve with any European or US operators, just some PAX versions flying around in Georgia and Iran, apparently...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

14 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Anybody know if there are still any 747-200F in service these days? I had a quick look around but couldn't find any in serve with any European or US operators, just some PAX versions flying around in Georgia and Iran, apparently...

Classics are very very rare these days, still one or two in service I think though Iran Air apparently recently retired the last -200 from Pax service.

PUT In the UK.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Does anyone even know how to use an INS these days?

I used them in RL when I flew DC8 and DC10 and guess what...yes I still can😂

Cheers

• Like 1

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

2 hours ago, SimeonWilbury said:

Classics are very very rare these days, still one or two in service I think though Iran Air apparently recently retired the last -200 from Pax service.

That's what I thought, thanks! It does seem like maybe a Belarussian company, TransAVIAexport, is still using a 747-200F. And as it happens there appears to be a very nice Minsk-2 freeware scenery available :) 

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Give me some old Northwest (and Northwest Cargo) and United liveries and I’m sold if the systems are halfway decent.

Edited by CaptKornDog

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

It would be nice if they allow some options or come out with an expansion that allows a modernized cockpit. As great as an INS is, it would be nice to have for example a FMC integration like most operators started doing in the 2000s along with an updated VSI with TCAS. 

5 minutes ago, miami747 said:

It would be nice if they allow some options or come out with an expansion that allows a modernized cockpit. As great as an INS is, it would be nice to have for example a FMC integration like most operators started doing in the 2000s along with an updated VSI with TCAS. 

Would be nice but again that kind of detail starts to move into PMDG territory with regards to the amount of configurations modelled, at the very least hope they come out with a half-decent FMC.

PUT In the UK.

spacer.png

On 7/19/2018 at 6:12 PM, SimeonWilbury said:

Would be nice but again that kind of detail starts to move into PMDG territory with regards to the amount of configurations modelled, at the very least hope they come out with a half-decent FMC.

The piece of information that interested me most on the product page was that this is being developed by their very talented in-house development team (as distinct from Aeroplane Heaven) so I think there is a good chance the 747 will come with decent functional systems. The recent aircraft developed by their in-house team have received a lot of praise and hopefully, although it’s a big project, they will be able to keep up this standard with the 747. In contrast aircraft developed for Just Flight by Aeroplane Heaven have been variable in quality on release and some have been the subject of a fair bit of criticism as a result. This can’t be good for the reputation of Just Flight, who, to be fair, are one of the most pleasant, helpful and polite flight sim developers/vendors to deal with in terms of sales and product support. I guess it may be a while but I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Bill

Edited by scianoir