Sign in to follow this  
simbio

Ixeg 737 further development?

Do they continue developing for this aircraft or they stop add feature?

On 7/16/2018 at 3:35 PM, simbio said:

Do they continue developing for this aircraft or they stop add feature?

182 views and no one replies? 👍

No one dares to comment or what? 

To answer your question: from what I can tell plus being pragmatic, I guess there will probably be updates, but they come out the speed at which a glacier moves. 

Still, in the current state its still possibly the best addon flightmodel wise, really top addons in general are few and far between imho in xp unfortunately.

-Roland

The IXEG developers very rarely come to avsim.  Your best bet would be to ask at their official forums.  I can't give you the site address as I was heavily warned against doing this the last time I did it, and I was told if I posted a link to this forum again, I would be banned from avsim.  I was accused of "poaching" by an admin. 
If you google the product, you would likely find the forum for it.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 5

I love the IXEG but the lack of updates situation is frustrating a let's down a marvelous development.

It's hard to believe that we still don't have opening pax doors on the aircraft!!

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

On 8/5/2018 at 2:19 PM, JYW said:

I love the IXEG but the lack of updates situation is frustrating a let's down a marvelous development.

Yeah, I was quite impressed upon launch of it. Would be nice to see some more work done.

With XP, one has to have patience with the 3rd party commercial add-on market. It hasn't been around that long because of the large body of freeware developed by the community. As more established developers enter the XP market there will be more stability. Until then, some products will continue to emerge and eventually die on the vine as the developer reachs its limitations, either financially or expertise-wise.

8 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

With XP, one has to have patience with the 3rd party commercial add-on market. It hasn't been around that long because of the large body of freeware developed by the community. As more established developers enter the XP market there will be more stability. Until then, some products will continue to emerge and eventually die on the vine as the developer reachs its limitations, either financially or expertise-wise.

Jay, are you saying that sales for the IXEG 737 have dropped to the point where the developers can't make a living off it?
I would very much like to know how you have sales figures or what you base this opinion on.

The payware market for X-Plane has been very stable for well over 5 years.  Actually, that's not 100% true.  Black Friday sales see a massive surge in sales figures, every year.

1 minute ago, GoranM said:

Jay, are you saying that sales for the IXEG 737 have dropped to the point where the developers can't make a living off it?
I would very much like to know how you have sales figures or what you base this opinion on.

The payware market for X-Plane has been very stable for well over 5 years.  Actually, that's not 100% true.  Black Friday sales see a massive surge in sales figures, every year.

I said "financially or expertise-wise" Generally speaking, the sales of any add-on developed from scratch start out slowly. As positive reviews accumulate, sales pick up. As negative aspects surface, sales are slowed down. My guess is that IXEG probably saturated the market and they either lost interest in additional improvements or they believe the product is sufficiently complete as to not need any updates at the moment. I don't understand the last sentence in your post, though. 

I know the IXEG guys quite well.  Particularly Tom Kyler.  He has been trying to work on a few small areas of the 737 for a while.  I don't want to say too much about why an update hasn't been forthcoming, as it's not my place to do so.  But there is a very valid reason.  

My last sentence addressed your "market instability" reference.  "As more established developers enter the XP market there will be more stability"
I've been making X-Plane payware since 2009.  The only area where the payware market can lose stability is the transition from one version to another version.  And, as I said, Black Friday sales.  A drop in sales and a dramatic increase in sales, respectively.

Actually, I'm seeing more sales now than I saw in 2013 when my last major add on was made available.

Edited by GoranM

As one of the IXEG team members I think I can state that sales have been pretty much uniform on a satisfactory level over the last years. I am actually surprised about that - my thinking was that at first most people that would like to buy the product would buy it - and then sales would slow to a trickle. But that is not the case. There doesn´t seem to be a customer "pool" that is eventually saturated, its more like a constant stream. Probably new people adopting the hobby, people that have been on the fence, people just discovering the add-on and so on. The intitial surge was there, of course.

We DO believe that the 737 in it´s current form is a very worthwhile product and does not miss anything "vital" (YMMV) to enjoy it. As you know we have always been open to what we still consider missing in our product, and you can see that list - like any prospective customer can as well - in our forum.

We fully plan to continue working on the product, the reasons why we have done little in recent months is also explained in the aforementioned forums.

I am online in our support forum usually several times a day and provide support and background information to new and old customers alike, so it´s not like we have turned our backs at all 😉.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

On 8/8/2018 at 5:07 PM, GoranM said:

I know the IXEG guys quite well.  Particularly Tom Kyler.  He has been trying to work on a few small areas of the 737 for a while.  I don't want to say too much about why an update hasn't been forthcoming, as it's not my place to do so.  But there is a very valid reason.  

My last sentence addressed your "market instability" reference.  "As more established developers enter the XP market there will be more stability"
I've been making X-Plane payware since 2009.  The only area where the payware market can lose stability is the transition from one version to another version.  And, as I said, Black Friday sales.  A drop in sales and a dramatic increase in sales, respectively.

Actually, I'm seeing more sales now than I saw in 2013 when my last major add on was made available.

Whats the eta on the TBM-900? Are we near release yet? Can you post any more windshield rain effects? 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:51 PM, Janov said:

As one of the IXEG team members I think I can state that sales have been pretty much uniform on a satisfactory level over the last years. I am actually surprised about that - my thinking was that at first most people that would like to buy the product would buy it - and then sales would slow to a trickle. But that is not the case. There doesn´t seem to be a customer "pool" that is eventually saturated, its more like a constant stream. Probably new people adopting the hobby, people that have been on the fence, people just discovering the add-on and so on. The intitial surge was there, of course.

We DO believe that the 737 in it´s current form is a very worthwhile product and does not miss anything "vital" (YMMV) to enjoy it. As you know we have always been open to what we still consider missing in our product, and you can see that list - like any prospective customer can as well - in our forum.

We fully plan to continue working on the product, the reasons why we have done little in recent months is also explained in the aforementioned forums.

I am online in our support forum usually several times a day and provide support and background information to new and old customers alike, so it´s not like we have turned our backs at all 😉.

Cheers, Jan

Hi,

Imho, there have been some request long time ago but still unimplemented.

What I really need is those crazy panel that shows off to be remove or costumer activated, if some one have x-camera, been able to disable the Ixeg view control.

Those are really urgent!